DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alarm Clock Woes

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Alarm Clock Woes

Last night my alarm as always using the stock alarm on the phone. I always use the same times and same tones to wake up to. I checked the boxes next to the times and it said I was good to go.

I woke up this morning and the alarm clock icon was missing from my status bar. I figured oh crap maybe I didn't set them. Then I open the clock app and sure as you know what, my alarms are toggled on. I uncheck one of the two I have set and now the icon reappears in my status bar. I tested the alarm again and all went fine.

I'm guessing maybe the phone rebooted in my sleep and that glitched the clock? But I can't find the uptime counter on the phone that shows time since last reboot so I cannot validate that theory. I also wonder if maybe the phone went to sleep and that could've glitches it. No idea about that though. Any ideas or similar issues?

Running stock OTA ICS rooted.

Sent from my stock rooted ICS Rezound using Droid Forums!
    Motorola Droid
    GimpM0D FRG83G
    Stock Kernel
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I stopped using the stock Alarm clock for trying to wake me up. I now use Alarm Clock Extreme. I like the graduwake feature that slowly raises the volume when the alarm starts sounding. I know this doesn't help to determine why the clock stopped, but can give you an alternative.

Michael
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Maybe I will give it a shot, thanks!

Motorola Droid
    GimpM0D FRG83G
    Stock Kernel
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by Taco View Post
    Last night my alarm as always using the stock alarm on the phone. I always use the same times and same tones to wake up to. I checked the boxes next to the times and it said I was good to go.

I woke up this morning and the alarm clock icon was missing from my status bar. I figured oh crap maybe I didn't set them. Then I open the clock app and sure as you know what, my alarms are toggled on. I uncheck one of the two I have set and now the icon reappears in my status bar. I tested the alarm again and all went fine.

I'm guessing maybe the phone rebooted in my sleep and that glitched the clock? But I can't find the uptime counter on the phone that shows time since last reboot so I cannot validate that theory. I also wonder if maybe the phone went to sleep and that could've glitches it. No idea about that though. Any ideas or similar issues?

Running stock OTA ICS rooted.

I use the stock alarm clock in the Rezound, and have never had a problem with it, it just doesn't wake me up all the time because the alarm sound only plays for a short time, then goes into snooze mode automatically, and repeats several times then it just seems to give up.

The alarm clock will (should) stay during a reboot, I just looked and can't find uptime anywhere in ICS, either the Global RUU or the official OTA.

I would suggest setting an alarm during the day with a mild ringtone and trying it to make sure it works, or like Malkavian said, try a different alarm clock application, there are several in the Play Store.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Since I've got the phone my alarm clock (stock one) has been solid and had it not gone off last year would have been rough...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    This issue has been happening to me. I haven't noticed the missing alarm icon on top, but I haven't looked either. This happened to me friday, saturday, then again today(tuesday). I'm an extremely light sleeper, so there is no way I just slept through them. I would say there is definitely something amiss. I'm running Rezound with ICS, not rooted, nothing fancy.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    S4!
    Anyone else missing their ENTIRE alarm setup? Mine is GONE. I can't figure out where it went, but what a PITA. I know, I could use an aftermarket, but I have a ton of alarms in there that I need access to first.

Any help?
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    S4!
    I forgot to mention that I noticed my screen lock (just the slide the ring thing) was missing. A restart started it again.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    Have you done a factory reset since getting the ICS update? It is highly recommended and clears up most "weird" issues.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    S4!
    So my alarms still rang this afternoon. I have no way to access the settings though

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Have you done a factory reset since getting the ICS update? It is highly recommended and clears up most "weird" issues.
    I haven't but I've had the update for months (?) so this seems like really odd timing.

Also, I really don't want to wipe the data until I can access those alarms and write them down.

Thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links