DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: battery life

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    lg ally

battery life

What's the average battery life for you guys and gals with the rezound and ICS? With and without extended battery?

My average with the extended battery is right at 18hrs until I'm at 20% and light to medium use.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Heavy use, extended battery , crappy reception. About 16 hours to empty or 6 hours of screen usage time. It's about the same as Gingerbread was. My Inc1 , extended battery, heavy use, crappy reception, went from 6 hours to well over 9 with Gingerbread from froyo so the drop off was a shock when I upgraded to the Rezound and no improvement with ICS but I've adapted.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    Standard Battery - light to moderate use - WiFi disabled - 2 to 3 hours screen time - full day (7:30am-11pm) with 40% battery remaining on 4.3.605.2

Standard Battery - moderate use - WiFi enabled all the time - Push syncing to 2 Exchange email servers - 3 hours screen time - 10-12 hours and it is under 20% on 3.14.605.12

Both phones typically have good to excellent 4G signal, -65dBm to -80dBm around 90% of the time. If I am in an area with poor signal strength (under -85dBm) the battery life falls off quickly.
    Last edited by acejavelin; 09-05-2012 at 10:47 PM.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid bionic
    My battery life is terrible since the ics update. Before, it wasn't great, but now u am lucky to get 4 hours.

I use my phone a lot. I have disabled all notifications and check manually, dimmed screen, removed countless apps.....this is just a joke.

I love so much about this phone, but the terrible battery life is going to make me.change for somethin else. I mean...pretty is as pretty does.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Light user on a standard battery, brightness on auto. In a 4G area or on WiFi, can easily make it all day on a single charge. Tried the extended battery and hated the added thickness. Don't even like the added thickness of the silicone case, but the phone is a bit more slippery without it.
    In an extended area where the signal is weak and I'm on 1X data, can't make it through the afternoon without sticking the phone on the charger.
    If I use the phone as a GPS, plugged in to the car charger, the power consumed in the GPS mode leaves little to charge the battery, and after, say a two hour trip, the percentage on my little circle widget reads about the same as it was when I plugged it in.
    Even though I have two spare standard batteries, an extended battery, and two external AC battery chargers in addition to multiple AC and DC chargers, I wind up just dealing with the power left in the installed battery and plug it in occasionally when it needs a boost. After all, before cellphones, we didn't sit around the house all day worrying about missing a call. We went about our business and let our answering machine take any missed calls. Why should we be so addicted to a cell phone that we can't do without it for an hour or so during the day while it is on the charger.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC42 View Post
    Light user on a standard battery, brightness on auto. In a 4G area or on WiFi, can easily make it all day on a single charge. Tried the extended battery and hated the added thickness. Don't even like the added thickness of the silicone case, but the phone is a bit more slippery without it.
    In an extended area where the signal is weak and I'm on 1X data, can't make it through the afternoon without sticking the phone on the charger.
    If I use the phone as a GPS, plugged in to the car charger, the power consumed in the GPS mode leaves little to charge the battery, and after, say a two hour trip, the percentage on my little circle widget reads about the same as it was when I plugged it in.
    Even though I have two spare standard batteries, an extended battery, and two external AC battery chargers in addition to multiple AC and DC chargers, I wind up just dealing with the power left in the installed battery and plug it in occasionally when it needs a boost. After all, before cellphones, we didn't sit around the house all day worrying about missing a call. We went about our business and let our answering machine take any missed calls. Why should we be so addicted to a cell phone that we can't do without it for an hour or so during the day while it is on the charger.
    If it's you might miss a phone call or text put Tablet Talk on your tablet and use your phone remotely from your tablet.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by dressagerider1 View Post
    My battery life is terrible since the ics update. Before, it wasn't great, but now u am lucky to get 4 hours.

I use my phone a lot. I have disabled all notifications and check manually, dimmed screen, removed countless apps.....this is just a joke.

I love so much about this phone, but the terrible battery life is going to make me.change for somethin else. I mean...pretty is as pretty does.
    Have you tried doing a Factory Reset? This should significantly help with your battery life. Mine has gotten back to about what it was before. Give it a shot, well worth it.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC42 View Post
    This is pretty much the same for me. To add, if I use my mileage tracking and navigation....throw in a phone call or two and check e-mail....do a bit of 4G web surfing I can kill my standard battery in less than 2 hours. I guess that could be considered HEAVY usage, which mine is subjected to when I'm in the "field". Yeah, the car charger just barely maintains but will not charge when doing those things.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sweaner

Have you tried doing a Factory Reset? This should significantly help with your battery life. Mine has gotten back to about what it was before. Give it a shot, well worth it.
    +1
    Better than ever. Post .5 install and a factory reset, the phone can handle being on 4G all day now without having to have a charger available at all times.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    lg ally
    Well I tried the battery life on the stock rezound and the life on it was 16hrs with light to medium use.

To the ones who still have problems with ICS just do the factory reset it is well worth it.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links