DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: battery life

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha187um View Post
    LOL yes, I got a replacement rezound

that's cool, I've seen several members post similar #'s I'll be honest yes i envy you, but even when i first bought the phone, I never managed more than what im getting right now.. so going back to 14 hours is amazing for me lol. all I really want is a phone i do not have to plug in during the day and have battery on the drive home... Like the saying goes, can't miss what you've never had.

I would proabably get your #'s with the razr MAXX, imagine what you would get

Im sure other factors play a role, temeperature? where are you from? Im in Miami, so speacially on the drive home that the car is 100+ degrees I notice a faster drain, my signal has been crappy lately, sometimes I drop to 1x in a spot I normally get great 3 and 4g.
    I could probably get 3 days out of a Razr Maxx.

Temperature could well be an issue... I am in Bismarck, ND, right now it is 36 degrees with sleet, my signal levels are impeccable 95% of the time better than -70dBm with constant 4G (I live and work within 1 mile of a 4G tower, typically in line of sight of it). Don't laugh though, we see plenty of 90-100 degrees days plus ones that are -20 for highs too (touchscreens don't like really cold temps, or gloves!)

Right now I am at 36% battery, 15 hrs 48 min on battery and 9 hrs remaining... 1 hr 24 min phone calls, 1 hr 37 min screen time, 41 min WiFi

Now, if I have to run into the rural areas for work and get into some area that that 3G is not even available, or you have to drive out of town and get on top of a hill to make a phone call... yeah, my phone sucks power out of a battery like fruit in a juicer! Sometimes I am charging or changing batteries (I carry a spare pair of standard batteries and a stand-alone charger in my laptop bag) multiple times a day, so I get where you are coming from.
    Last edited by acejavelin; 10-03-2012 at 10:34 PM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin
    I could probably get 3 days out of a Razr Maxx.

Temperature could well be an issue... I am in Bismarck, ND, right now it is 36 degrees with sleet, my signal levels are impeccable 95% of the time better than -70dBm with constant 4G (I live and work within 1 mile of a 4G tower, typically in line of sight of it). Don't laugh though, we see plenty of 90-100 degrees days plus ones that are -20 for highs too (touchscreens don't like really cold temps, or gloves!)

Right now I am at 36% battery, 15 hrs 48 min on battery and 9 hrs remaining... 1 hr 24 min phone calls, 1 hr 37 min screen time, 41 min WiFi

Now, if I have to run into the rural areas for work and get into some area that that 3G is not even available, or you have to drive out of town and get on top of a hill to make a phone call... yeah, my phone sucks power out of a battery like fruit in a juicer! Sometimes I am charging or changing batteries (I carry a spare pair of standard batteries and a stand-alone charger in my laptop bag) multiple times a day, so I get where you are coming from.
    These numbers are like mine, but I'm on the extended battery. Stock battery with same use only last 8 hours. I do usually have 1 hour more screen time than you.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm369 View Post
    These numbers are like mine, but I'm on the extended battery. Stock battery with same use only last 8 hours. I do usually have 1 hour more screen time than you.
    I typically get anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours screen time, depends on the brightness which I keep on Auto most of the time... if I am outside a lot, like Geocaching, the battery goes a lot faster than if I am indoors or in "less well lit" areas just do to screen brightness. I disliked the extended battery (too heavy and bulky for my taste, and few case options), sold mine to a co-worker and got a pair of Laza 1750mAh standard size batteries with a case and external charger and been pretty happy with it, I don't mind swapping batteries sometimes. I have just accepted the fact that because of the impeccable radios and screen on this phone, the price is battery life, but I still like to try to squeeze out a little extra when I can.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    I wanted to try the slim extended battery but I seem to have seen a lot of negativity about it.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm369 View Post
    I wanted to try the slim extended battery but I seem to have seen a lot of negativity about it.
    I pretty much heard the same thing, never tried them either... the ones I am using aren't extended ones (less than 10% larger than stock) and perform about the same as stock ones, just cheaper...

Amazon.com: Laza Zcell 1750mah HTC Rezound 2x Battery + Charger + Travel Case Combo: Cell Phones & Accessories
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    lg ally
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990wend
    Well, I tried stock rezound battery life, and light media use on life is 18 hours. Still have a problem, I'm still looking for help
    If 18hrs on the stock battery is a problem then I could use that problem. I can get 20 or so hours out of my extended battery.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990wend View Post
    Well, I tried stock rezound battery life, and light media use on life is 18 hours. Still have a problem, I'm still looking for help
    For the Rezound this is EXCELLENT... Where is the problem?

If you need significantly better battery life you will need to go to an extended battery or switch phones to a Razr Maxx or something.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    HTC ReZound
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990wend View Post
    Try the HTC 2750mAh extended battery
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    I can't get 18 hours of light use out of my extended battery...but what is the definition of light use.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm369
    I can't get 18 hours of light use out of my extended battery...but what is the definition of light use.
    Good question. I'm always online someway. Usually with an app but sometimes with the browser. But I get good battery life because I'm always on wifi. Even when I'm at work I'm on wifi but I also have airplane mode on because I have a work phone when people need to contact me. I keep my wifi off when I'm not using it as well as my screen. I easily get 16-18 hours run time with plenty of power to spare. The best I've gotten is 2 1/2 days on a single charge. But you're right "light" use subjective.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums
    Droid does...Apple bites

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Links