DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Researching the Rezound . . . and Razr MAXX

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    For me, it is important to have an unlocked bootloader. I would consider the developer's version of the Samsung galaxy s3 if it actually is released, works on Verizon's network, and Verizon allows it on Verizon's network.

Also, motorola is starting to allow unlocking its bootloaders if the cell company agrees. Verizon won't agree, but there are some razors in other countries that can be unlocked. That might be nice, a razer max with unlocked bootloader?
    Last edited by HowardZ; 08-18-2012 at 01:38 AM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by bawoo49 View Post
    Hi everyone! The time is near . . . only a couple of weeks until we get our Rezounds! Hope the price may drop a little, but we're going to buy them regardless of the price.

I have seen some phones that allow still photos to be taken while videoing, but have not seen any RZ specs include that as a feature. Does the ICS upgrade add this feature?
    No, the Rezound doesn't do that. Thats one of the newest features...as far as I know, only the Galaxy S3 and One X do that.

There are apps on the market that try to duplicate it, but IMO, they do so poorly. They only capture key frames. You can view the video, but cannot convert the actual frame you might want...only about 1 in 10 or 1 in 20 frames is one you can select. Better than nothing? Yeah, maybe. But not as good as what the new phones do.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    No, the Rezound doesn't do that. Thats one of the newest features...as far as I know, only the Galaxy S3 and One X do that.

There are apps on the market that try to duplicate it, but IMO, they do so poorly. They only capture key frames. You can view the video, but cannot convert the actual frame you might want...only about 1 in 10 or 1 in 20 frames is one you can select. Better than nothing? Yeah, maybe. But not as good as what the new phones do.
    Try Frame Grabber by Sony. It isn't free but does full resolution and full fps capability. I put videos I make on my standalone camera on my phones (Rezound and Incredible1) or Tab and make still shots using the app as well as making stills from videos shot on the Rezound. I get file sizes large enough to have made some 8x10 and 10x13 photos from.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardZ View Post
    For me, it is important to have an unlocked bootloader. I would consider the developer's version of the Samsung galaxy s3 if it actually is released, works on Verizon's network, and Verizon allows it on Verizon's network.

Also, motorola is starting to allow unlocking its bootloaders if the cell company agrees. Verizon won't agree, but there are some razors in other countries that can be unlocked. That might be nice, a razer max with unlocked bootloader?

Bootloader Unlocked
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ngr4t View Post
    that leaves your phone very vulnerable to being bricked. it comes with loads of warnings, and says you can never take a firmware upgrade.

I expect loads of bricked s3 phones in the future since many people ignore warnings.

if someone gave me an s3 as a present, I'd probably sell it and buy something else.

Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S3 Unsecure Bootloader Released
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    It is typical for any program that allows root access to your phone to have several warnings because the possibility of bricking your phone is great and happens quite frequently when people rush ahead without knowing what they are doing or knowing the limitations. Not having warnings of this sort would be extremely careless.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx

This sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    Try Frame Grabber by Sony. It isn't free but does full resolution and full fps capability. I put videos I make on my standalone camera on my phones (Rezound and Incredible1) or Tab and make still shots using the app as well as making stills from videos shot on the Rezound. I get file sizes large enough to have made some 8x10 and 10x13 photos from.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    Frame Grabber sounds like something I would like to try. Thanks for the tip.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardZ View Post
    that leaves your phone very vulnerable to being bricked. it comes with loads of warnings, and says you can never take a firmware upgrade.

I expect loads of bricked s3 phones in the future since many people ignore warnings.

if someone gave me an s3 as a present, I'd probably sell it and buy something else.

Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S3 Unsecure Bootloader Released

Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    It is typical for any program that allows root access to your phone to have several warnings because the possibility of bricking your phone is great and happens quite frequently when people rush ahead without knowing what they are doing or knowing the limitations. Not having warnings of this sort would be extremely careless.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
    Exactly.

Howardz is right, but the bottom line is it can be unlocked, you didn't specify safety. What about all the people who want S-off with the Rezound, something that requires an unlock anyways. That's two major risks.

Shame you'd just give it away too, it's a great phone. Personal preference for sure, but free S3 compared to a Rezound....
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Links