DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Researching the Rezound . . . and Razr MAXX

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by bawoo49 View Post
    This may be my last Rezound question, but I'm not betting the farm on it! LOL

I have read good reviews and comments about the Motorola Smartactions App. Does HTC include a similar app with the Rezound?

I want to thank all of you for your patience and help. I am now much more confident that I have made the right decision.
    I would never choose a phone based on software. Ever.

Because it is very likely that the app in question can simply be pulled and installed on any Android device. I have a collection of Samsung phone apps that are supposedly only available of Galaxy S2 and S3 phones. The only ones I keep installed are some of the Live wallpapers. But I have a lot of samsung-specific apps, including launchers.

When buying a phone I would worry much more about the hardware than the software. You can always upgrade software later. But you will never be able to upgrade hardware.
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Good point jeffdenver... a bit like the phrase "there's an app for that." Smart Actions is a very user friendly tool. There are similar type apps on the market. Hardware is very important and both the rezound and maxx are top as far as hardware is concerned. But, like you, once I have chosen a phone for it's specs, I do pay attention to what software it has... especially given that before ICS, you couldn't get rid of the software (bloatware) that came on the phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    You could always get rid of bloat by rooting, even before ICS.

And that is another area HTC is best at...HTC allows you to unlock your phones "legally", without having to resort to hacks. Motorola is notorious in the industry for being very draconian about rooting. They deliberately put roadblocks in your way to prevent it. HTC does not.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    So down to these two and disregarding the batteries. Holding the two really comes into play. I found the flat phones like the Razz very hard to hold.

The curved extend battery Rezound fits nicely in my large hands.
    Rezound User - Retired Techie
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    I was actually going to say, while Jeff is 100% correct, I'd say it comes down to feel and practicality more than hardware. Fact is, all phones these days are really nice. They're all going to run lag free unless you really, really, really overload them. They all look great etc etc.

What matters now is how it feels in your hand. Do you like having a charger on the bottom or on the side? Where do you prefer your power button or headphone jack? Things like this are what have defined a phone for me more than anything...the feel. Both my Rezound and Bionic worked flawlessly, but I just liked the feel of the Bionic more. I love the GS3, how light it is and it fits great in my big hands.

So everything is important, but when you've narrowed it down, these should be the defining factors IMO.
    TisMyDroid likes this.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver
    You could always get rid of bloat by rooting, even before ICS.

And that is another area HTC is best at...HTC allows you to unlock your phones "legally", without having to resort to hacks. Motorola is notorious in the industry for being very draconian about rooting. They deliberately put roadblocks in your way to prevent it. HTC does not.
    Exactly Jeff. That's what I did. Rooted my Rezound and it was the best thing I did to this phone. Phone runs flawless and free wifi tether. I love it. HTC to me overall has the best phones. There are things people don't like about them. For my first HTC phone I love them.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I have joined a number of forums on a number of subjects, from computers to farm tractors. Never have I been involved in a forum in which my fellow members have shared as much knowledge, experience and opinions as Droid Forums. I know now that when we buy our Rezounds I will have the support I need to learn the ins and outs of our new phones.

Thanks to all of you!
    TisMyDroid likes this.
  8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    We got your back bawoo! And thank you for the nice words. We are great community... I think, anyway!

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Hi everyone! The time is near . . . only a couple of weeks until we get our Rezounds! Hope the price may drop a little, but we're going to buy them regardless of the price.

I have seen some phones that allow still photos to be taken while videoing, but have not seen any RZ specs include that as a feature. Does the ICS upgrade add this feature?

Thanks!
  10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    I am not sure if the rezound can do that but there are apps in play store where you can get a still from videos you've taken. They are pretty handy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Links