DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ICS Updated, now Phone Screen doesn't turn back on in-call when removing from ear?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    htc Rezound

ICS Updated, now Phone Screen doesn't turn back on in-call when removing from ear?

Prior to upgrading my phone to ICS, when I would be on a call and removed the phone from my ear the phone screen would turn back on. Now it doesn't and when I hit the power button to manually turn the screen on sometimes it will just flicker on for a second and then go black. This only happens when I am on a call though, it's fine the other times.

Can anyone help with this? I couldn't find anything in the settings menu specific to the screen on/off during a call.

thanks,

keith
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Welcome to DF bettenco. You are right, the screen should turn back on when you take it away from your ear. I had this problem a while back with another phone (I think it was my dinc). It is annoying as all get out because you have no easy way to hang up on the call.

Try simple things first-have you tried restarting the phone? If that doesn't help, try going into the phone app in settings under "all" and clear cache. Try again, if no success, then try going back into app and do clear data (this may erase your call log, I'm not sure. But you may want to use a backup program to save your call log).

If it still persists, then a factory data reset may be in your future, which if you haven't done one since updating to ICS, I would highly recommend it anyway. Here is a guide that will help so you don't lose the important stuff you want to keep:

Getting the most success upgrading to ICS from GB

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid by Verizon
    i just started a thread asking about this same thing (i didnt see this one prior to the thread).

My rezound is doing the same exact thing since i updated to ICS. I just did a factory reset on it since it was also working slow (ive had ICS on it for a few months now, and figured all the apps id installed and removed was probably causing the slowness, and now its back working fast again), but, its STILL doing the same issue the OP is complaining about.

I see no one has responded to this thread but one, is this not something other rezound users are experiencing since going to ICS????

Is there a fix?
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    htc Rezound

still no dice after Factory Data Reset

So I did a FDR and used my backup for my apps and still the screen is not turning on. I read somewhere that if I took my case off my phone that might help as it may be the proximity sensor, still nuthin. I don't have a screenguard on the phone so that's not it. I am starting to think this a an ICS issue and am planninh on giving HTC a call to see what they sugges AMD if they are planning a fix.......sigh
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by bettenco View Post
    So I did a FDR and used my backup for my apps and still the screen is not turning on. I read somewhere that if I took my case off my phone that might help as it may be the proximity sensor, still nuthin. I don't have a screenguard on the phone so that's not it. I am starting to think this a an ICS issue and am planninh on giving HTC a call to see what they sugges AMD if they are planning a fix.......sigh
    It is not an issue caused by ICS, I have two Rezounds, one running the official 3.14.605.12 firmware and one on the 4.3.605.2 RUU, both of them pop on the screen within a second after moving the phone away form my head well on a call. I don't have a better answer for you, but if you call VZW tech support, I am betting they will want to send you a CLNR, hopefully I am wrong though.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid by Verizon
    CLNR, whats that?
  7. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddClark View Post
    CLNR, whats that?
    Certified Like New Replacement.

Also before trading in, I would suggest running the latest ICS RUU and seeing if that corrects the problem. Lord knows how much code got mangled in the upgrade process.
    Helpful Rezound Links:
    Guide to Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ

Did you know: You can upgrade your Rezound to ICS without rooting?

Fun Rezound Fact: The antennas for the Rezound are in the battery cover.

Don't forget to backup your flash player install before they remove it from the Android Market.

If you don't understand something, ask questions.
    Please follow the posting guidelines.

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
    Benjamin Franklin
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    For now under accessibility options I would check the box that allows to allow you to hang up the phone with the power button. It's quick and convenient.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    The other thing you can do is double press power and unlock again, that seems to work everytime but is a little more cumbersome... it does let you get to the dial pad in a call though without hanging up.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin
    It is not an issue caused by ICS, I have two Rezounds, one running the official 3.14.605.12 firmware and one on the 4.3.605.2 RUU, both of them pop on the screen within a second after moving the phone away form my head well on a call. I don't have a better answer for you, but if you call VZW tech support, I am betting they will want to send you a CLNR, hopefully I am wrong though.
    I believe it is a problem caused by ics. My phone also did this flawlessly before and now doesn't work right since update to ics. I have done one factory reset and I'm about to do another.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links