DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ICS Updated, now Phone Screen doesn't turn back on in-call when removing from ear?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by tannins View Post
    I believe it is a problem caused by ics. My phone also did this flawlessly before and now doesn't work right since update to ics. I have done one factory reset and I'm about to do another.
    You should then consider reflashing the update, both the 3.14.605.12 and 4.3.605.2 versions are available in an RUU format, perhaps something didn't take properly in the update process.

What I can tell you is that the firmware itself (official ICS and Global RUU) does not break this functionality, it functions flawlessly on both of my devices, and I tried a co-workers Rezound today that was on the official OTA update and it works as expected too.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I have this exact same problem. Very frustrating. I can get the screen to come back on, but only by pressing the top button, then the screen turns on (but now locked) have to slide the ring to unlock. It is a major pain. And if you put the phone back to your ear and down again, same issue repeats. Only since the ICS update.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid by Verizon
    so i guess since there isnt anymore discussion on this, its not a problem for enough folks that its been addressed anymore?

mine is STILL doing this and it just pisses me off more everytime it happens, which is EVERYtime i use the damn phone.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddClark View Post
    so i guess since there isnt anymore discussion on this, its not a problem for enough folks that its been addressed anymore?

mine is STILL doing this and it just pisses me off more everytime it happens, which is EVERYtime i use the damn phone.
    This is not a widespread issue and is a hardware thing... not related to ICS. Have you tried the various procedures discussed in this thread such as a factory reset, screen protector issues, case issues, compressed air, etc.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid by Verizon
    yep, tried them all.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddClark View Post
    yep, tried them all.
    Then a CLNR is in order...
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin
    This is not a widespread issue and is a hardware thing... not related to ICS. Have you tried the various procedures discussed in this thread such as a factory reset, screen protector issues, case issues, compressed air, etc.
    It's not a hardware thing. My hardware worked fine on gb, now doesnt work properly on ics.
    I stopped posting all the bugs I have now because there are too many. I factory reset 3 times. Ics us just buggy.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    Not really sure what else to say, I have only heard of a two or three instances where the Proximity sensor failed to function properly under ICS... perhaps it is a certain hardware revision that was not widely distributed or what, I dunno. But I can tell you 99.9% of people with a Rezound and ICS do not have this issue, I have two of them personally and we have about 8 or 9 in my office, no one has ever complained about this issue and all but one (my personal one which is on the Global Mode leak) are running the stock OTA firmware.

Since you have done everything normally associated with this, all I can tell you is that if it was mine, I would reflash the full OTA RUU, at least twice, and see if the problem persisted before installing any software, if it did continue then I would try the Global Mode RUU, flash at least twice, then if the problem is still there I would call Verizon, tell them you have Factory Reset at least 4 or 5 times and request a replacement. Other than that I don't know how to help you.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin
    Not really sure what else to say, I have only heard of a two or three instances where the Proximity sensor failed to function properly under ICS... perhaps it is a certain hardware revision that was not widely distributed or what, I dunno. But I can tell you 99.9% of people with a Rezound and ICS do not have this issue, I have two of them personally and we have about 8 or 9 in my office, no one has ever complained about this issue and all but one (my personal one which is on the Global Mode leak) are running the stock OTA firmware.

Since you have done everything normally associated with this, all I can tell you is that if it was mine, I would reflash the full OTA RUU, at least twice, and see if the problem persisted before installing any software, if it did continue then I would try the Global Mode RUU, flash at least twice, then if the problem is still there I would call Verizon, tell them you have Factory Reset at least 4 or 5 times and request a replacement. Other than that I don't know how to help you.
    How do you reflash the ota ruu?
    Thanks for the help.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    [Exclusive Download] HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich RUU For Final OTA (3.14.605.12)

This will wipe all data on the phone itself, but not the microSD card.

Download the file, rename it to PH98IMG.zip (best bet is to verify MD5 sum at this point with what is listed on AP's website), copy it to your microSD card, power down, pull battery, reinstall battery, power up holding VOL DOWN+POWER, the process will start automatically. It should go through and after about 15-20 minutes you will be prompted to reboot, if not, wait about 40 minuted and pull the battery and start over from the battery pull step (this is normal, it just happens sometimes). Now the phone boot up completely to the setup screen, don't do anything, wait a couple minutes, then pull the battery and flash a second time. Now finish setup like normal. Remember to delete PH98IMG.zip from the microSD card to prevent accidentally flashing and factory resetting you phone, or at least move the file to sub-directory on the card.

Good luck!!!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links