DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Did ics on rezound kill battery?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

Did ics on rezound kill battery?

Ics hurt the RAZR family battery pretty bad did most also notice a decrease in battery with rezoubd after ics or not really?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    696 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    I've noticed my cpu has been working harder trying to do the things it used to do with less effort because some apps aren't playing nice with each other but with each day as I figure out what is what it is getting better. Friday night I was getting frequent app alerts from Watch Dog that apps, system processes and other things were surpassing the 50% cpu usage threshold I'd set but I've only gotten 1 since yesterday and it happened when I force killed Sense this morning. Whether my battery ever lives up to the hype I can't say but I have found a reboot or 2 a day as well as checking apps settings and force killing things here and there are helping cut down on the cpu usage, which is helping the battery life and running temperature of it.
    I'd prefer not to have to do the added work of working around an "upgrade" but with Android fragmentaion it's a something that will have to be done until everything is on Jelly Bean,Melon, Peach Cobbler or whatever and no manufacturers and/or carriers are allowed to add their stuff. For now it's that or ios and I'll go back to a dumbphone and desktop before ios again

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Sent from this Galaxy with Blue Tapatalk and a ZaggFolio
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    I agree with MBM. At first my battery life was HORRIBLE, even in idle. After a factory reset and some time to sync it has got a little better, especially on idle. I can set my phone down and not touch it....come back an hr later and it's only lost 3% (if on wifi). Time will tell but I'm guessing battery life will be comparable with GB.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    My personal Rezound the battery life seems very hit and miss, today with minimal usage I used less that 7% in 4 hours, yesterday it was more like 20% with similar usage. I still haven't been able to put my finger on the battery drainer yet, but I will...

On my work Rezound, which has had less than 15 apps installed ever in it's life, the battery life has increased noticeably over Gingerbread, leading me to believe that ICS is not the real problem, but misbehaving apps is the battery drainer.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    696 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    My personal Rezound the battery life seems very hit and miss, today with minimal usage I used less that 7% in 4 hours, yesterday it was more like 20% with similar usage. I still haven't been able to put my finger on the battery drainer yet, but I will...

On my work Rezound, which has had less than 15 apps installed ever in it's life, the battery life has increased noticeably over Gingerbread, leading me to believe that ICS is not the real problem, but misbehaving apps is the battery drainer.
    PLEASE post back when you find it. I will do the same if I find any major fixes. I did find Maps was waking my phone often in the background with screen off but for minimal amounts of time at a time. And "media" ,whatever that is, is using the most battery according to GSam and "downloads" is what it's doing. I keep force closing but it opens back up.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Tapatalked from this Galaxy
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    PLEASE post back when you find it. I will do the same if I find any major fixes. I did find Maps was waking my phone often in the background with screen off but for minimal amounts of time at a time. And "media" ,whatever that is, is using the most battery according to GSam and "downloads" is what it's doing. I keep force closing but it opens back up.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Tapatalked from this Galaxy
    Will do... I have also noticed that Maps seems to be waking the phone a lot, and activating the GPS, and the amount of power it seems to draw for such a short time seems very high, will try to look at that too. Might try uninstalling updates and disabling for a bit, but it's usage seems consistent across both of my phones, and only one is having moderate, inconsistent battery drain issues, the other one I have noticed the battery life has increased significantly.
    Last edited by acejavelin; 08-07-2012 at 10:34 AM.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I think the battery use is higher. I've had to charge my phone more often, and It gets hot.more often.

Sent from my Rezound
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    yea, on verizon all the reviews say the battery sucks, only a few hours of screen time, that seems very bad, wonder if i would get a lot more with the 2700mah battery? or is the nexus has best battery life
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Rezound/ Galaxy S3/ Galaxy S4
    I haven't gotten the latest OTA because i flashed the first leak back in march, but i would say that my battery life got much better with ICS over GB. Still hard to make a whole day with much use, but it was better. Seems like i used to have to charge at work, but after flashing the leak, i was able to get home with maybe 15% battery left. A difference of maybe 20-30% i would think. Ballparking as a layman so don't beat me up.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    are u on stock battery or using extended
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links