DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ICS question

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by scott craft

I keep wifi, bluetooth and 4G off unless I'm actually using it. I'm not going to turn off all sorts of things just to make the battery last. I do have twitter and fb auto updating, but I've increased the intervals. I've also dimmed the screen somewhat. I do use the phone a lot, but it still seems like it should do better than what it has been doing. I might recalibrate the phone to the battery again and see if that helps. I guess If I get aggravated enough with it I can do a factory reset, but I'm going to try to avoid that. Other than the battery life I'm quite pleased with the phone though.
    Facebook updates will kill battery life. There must be something running in the background that is eating the battery...the extended should easily get you through a day on normal use.
    Since the screen is the biggest battery hog by a mile, I have a brightness widget that toggles from bright to medium to low, so it's easy to change on the fly if I need a brighter screen for something...and you can use timeriffic to automatically switch brightness based on time of day (a bright screen isn't usually necessary at night, but is often necessary if you are outside during the day.)
    I don't blame you about not wanting to turn everything off...that's why I got the extended batt. I leave Bluetooth and GPS on...and it's been great.

Sent from my HTC Android Rezound using Forum Runner.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC REZOUND
    My battery life is better,being able to disable apps I don't want off of bloatware,thank u ICS...
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by svdroiddude
    I hate having to dumb down my phone to get good battery life. We paid for 4G LTE only to use 3G to get acceptable battery life doesn't fly with me. We have a beautiful screen that we need to dull. Why have a SMART phone if you have to disable everything? Luckily I am close to a charger all the time so I leave everything going full bore.

Just my opinion....
    The thing with 4G is that you don't need it for everything, so leaving it on just wastes the battery. Why leave 4G on if your phone is in your pocket and will be there for the next couple hours? I'll use 4G for web browsing and when using a couple apps, but that's it. I have a widget that allows quick access to switch from 4G to 3G. It's easy to switch between cdma and LTE.

Just my 2 cents.

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by cprice12 View Post
    Facebook updates will kill battery life. There must be something running in the background that is eating the battery...the extended should easily get you through a day on normal use.
    Since the screen is the biggest battery hog by a mile, I have a brightness widget that toggles from bright to medium to low, so it's easy to change on the fly if I need a brighter screen for something...and you can use timeriffic to automatically switch brightness based on time of day (a bright screen isn't usually necessary at night, but is often necessary if you are outside during the day.)
    I don't blame you about not wanting to turn everything off...that's why I got the extended batt. I leave Bluetooth and GPS on...and it's been great.

I have facebook set to update every hour. I'm not exactly sure why I have such poor battery life. Reception isn't the best at my home and where I work, but the phone radios aren't using much battery according to the battery monitor I use. I'm going to do some more investigating.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Deleted message. I relied then realized I was taking about a bionic issue in a rezound forum (same problem).
    Last edited by Mike.757; 07-27-2012 at 07:01 AM.
    Together is where I want to be...
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    I run the extended battery and honestly I can leave wifi on all day, listen to music for 3 hours (talk radio actually) and still have 68% at 5pm?

I dont know what apps you guys have running to kill your battery but with my extended I dont even worry about running out. I cant remember the last time I got under 20%, I dont think I ever have with the big battery. I turn it on at 8AM and plug it in at 11 PM, I do turn off the wifi a lot because I like how 4g is faster than my home internet.
    I leave GPS off because its none of GOOGLES Gawd@m business where I am, how fast I am going, how long I was at the crime scene....I mean any given location etc..
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    my battery life got a lot worse after ICS
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Proonz41 View Post
    my battery life got a lot worse after ICS
    Are you sure WiFi is kept turned off when you are not WiFi connected, and using 4G LTE?

There is an option to try WiFi every time one starts an app, and then it notifies you of any WiFi hotspots it can hear. During this WiFi activity the WiFi does not show up as being ON, but obviously it is on. This behavior can be turned off in the settings.

I figure having 4G LTE and WiFi both on at once must be a big load on the battery.

also keep GPS turned off unless you need it - for example when using trapster or a map navigation app.

I also keep autobrightness turned off, as it makes the screen brighter than needed. The screen usually shows up as the largest battery user.

Howard
    Last edited by HowardZ; 07-28-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links