DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Download the ICS leak or wait for OTA

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardZ View Post
    jb is out. why should I be waiting for ics?
    For most people (aside from those with a GNex from Google I/O), JB is NOT out yet, it's been ANNOUNCED. The source code isn't even available yet, once the source code hits Google's servers then we can say that JB is "out".
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    An interesting read

HTC: Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich Update Available Today, Wait What? (Updated) Droid Life

Apparently htc announced this latest leak as the official ics OTA update. Then removed the announcement

what might Verizon be doing by delaying it? I wonder if Verizon is delaying it to work on an s-on s-off fix? who knows!
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    Well after perusing the replys i think I might just wait. I am not interested in rooting and dont want to lose the ability to update in the future. I have been very dissapointed in the way my phone has been acting lately. lots of force closes and reboots, the battery life is horrible compared to when I first got it. I feel like I am using my POS droid x again. Having come from a great experieince with my incredible I can say i am not as impressed witht he rezound.

I am going to try an factory reset and leave all my apps off and see if anything improves. If not maybe I got a lemon.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by johnfish
    Well after perusing the replys i think I might just wait. I am not interested in rooting and dont want to lose the ability to update in the future. I have been very dissapointed in the way my phone has been acting lately. lots of force closes and reboots, the battery life is horrible compared to when I first got it. I feel like I am using my POS droid x again. Having come from a great experieince with my incredible I can say i am not as impressed witht he rezound.

I am going to try an factory reset and leave all my apps off and see if anything improves. If not maybe I got a lemon.
    Once again, this not a ROOT, for you to be able to download this ICS leak you must be stock. This ICS is and has been good with HTC and Google, except Verizon of course, it figures. Instead of Verizon doing the pushing via OTA, you are doing it via manual download.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums
    Last edited by cybertec69; 07-09-2012 at 12:37 PM.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    @DroDough
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    People should listen to CyberTec on this. You don't need to he rooted, just need to have the phone completely stock. I was leary about doing this last night. With cybertec's help and knowledge I went ahead and did the update. My only regret is that I waited to do it. I love it and am glad I did it. Just make sure to follow every single step cybertec has provided and you will be fine. It's really easy, the phone does most of the work for you.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DroDough
    People should listen to CyberTec on this. You don't need to he rooted, just need to have the phone completely stock. I was leary about doing this last night. With cybertec's help and knowledge I went ahead and did the update. My only regret is that I waited to do it. I love it and am glad I did it. Just make sure to follow every single step cybertec has provided and you will be fine. It's really easy, the phone does most of the work for you.
    What the op is worried about is what if something goes wrong with the phone and he wants to send it in to get a replacement. Verizon won't take the phone back with the unofficial ics leak on the phone even though the bootloader is locked and the phone is not rooted. And as of right now there is no way to revert back to gb from the ics leak, I think unless you are s-off. So I think the op is worried about the warranty of the phone.

I would say if he is worried about the warranty of the phone then just wait. But if you had a bad experience like I did with the ics leak. My only option was to root the phone and install a ics rom. But a lot of people on here had great experience with the ics leak.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    I have the ICS leak on mine and everything functions just fine
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I also downloaded the leak...and now my battery life is horrible?! anyone else?? it was fine with GB.....sigh....everything else is great tho...help
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    Battery life is fine here
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Proonz41
    I also downloaded the leak...and now my battery life is horrible?! anyone else?? it was fine with GB.....sigh....everything else is great tho...help
    Check your apps, it happened to me, battery is fantastic with ICS, people need to understand that with these Android smartphones, It's usually not the OS that will give you problems, but most likely an App you downloaded from the market, that's the tradeoff you get with an open system.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums
    Last edited by cybertec69; 07-10-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Links