DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Battery, like beating a dead horse, more Battery Help

  1. Master Droid
    cdm369's Avatar
    Member #
    219001
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    290
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC42
    What's wrong with Menu..Settings..Wireless & networks...Mobile networks (plural)...network mode...(select) CDMA only...?
    I'm not sure why its different but it made a difference for me. I tried it just going through the settings menu and it didn't have the same effect.

    Sent from my HTC REZOUND
  2. Master Droid
    Snoking's Avatar
    Member #
    62442
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    715
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    #12
    So the 778 gives you a different menu than this one?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery, like beating a dead horse, more Battery Help-forumrunner_20120611_055419.png  
    Rezound User - Retired Techie
  3. Master Droid
    cdm369's Avatar
    Member #
    219001
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    290
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoking
    So the 778 gives you a different menu than this one?
    The menu looks the same. I don't know if the diference is dialing the number or what.

    Sent from my HTC REZOUND
  4. Master Droid
    cdm369's Avatar
    Member #
    219001
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    290
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    #14
    I could only get that menu through the 778 number

    Sent from my HTC REZOUND
  5. Master Droid
    Snoking's Avatar
    Member #
    62442
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    715
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    #15
    I am running Notification Toggle and it takes you straight to that screen with the 4G toggle. I like it because this is a pull down that you can use without leaving current session. I will post a screen shot. You can set whatever you want as toggles. I have WiFi BT brightness airplane sync 4G currently.

    Also the *#*#4636#*#* takes you to that screen. That is how we stop boot loops.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery, like beating a dead horse, more Battery Help-forumrunner_20120611_065728.png  
    Last edited by Snoking; 06-11-2012 at 08:02 AM.
    Rezound User - Retired Techie
  6. Master Droid
    cdm369's Avatar
    Member #
    219001
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    290
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoking
    I am running Notification Toggle and it takes you straight to that screen with the 4G toggle. I like it because this is a pull down that you can use without leaving current session. I will post a screen shot. You can set whatever you want as toggles. I have WiFi BT brightness airplane sync 4G currently.

    Also the *#*#4636#*#* takes you to that screen. That is how we stop boot loops.
    Thanks for the info. I guess that's why I couldn't find that screen. I don't have that app.

    Sent from my HTC REZOUND
  7. Senior Droid
    TWC42's Avatar
    Member #
    266544
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    103
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoking View Post
    I am running Notification Toggle ...
    Neat looking app. I'll have to try it. Been using the widgets that were set up by default for BT, WiFi, Brightness, GPS and Mobile (data).
    I was doing fine in my home area in the High Performance power mode and running everything full blast all day long. However, in a weak area, or extended coverage area, the battery will die before the day is out unless I do something to cut back on consumption.
    I purchased the extended battery and the silicone case that is designed for the Rezound with the extended battery. It was so fat, I just couldn't stand it. The added weight was annoying when I'd hold the phone (playing a game, for example) for an extended period of time. Who would ever consider buying the Rezound if that extended battery came as standard and made the phone that thick? I put up with the bulk and bulge in my pocket for about three days and gave up on it.
    So I'm basically leaving the power mode setting in the High Performance mode so that I get 4G, but using the "Mobile" widget to turn data off most of the time, and turn it back on when I actually want to use something that requires data (mail, weather, maps (with GPS), forums, etc.) My email isn't that important that I see it soon after it arrives. This way, I can easily get by with the standard battery wherever I am.
    UPDATE: Tried the Notification Toggle app and it doesn't seem to work nicely with GPS. Uninstalled.
    Last edited by TWC42; 06-12-2012 at 04:37 AM. Reason: add info
  8. Droid Newbie
    Krans's Avatar
    Member #
    266563
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #18
    Hey Thanks everyone for the replies, pretty glad that I joined this forum you guys all seem pretty helpful.

    cdm that's an interesting method, if I keep having trouble maybe I'll try that number method. I actually have the same 4G toggle widget that someone else posted and I use that pretty much to have 3G most of the day and then 4G only if I need speed when I go out.

    On my battery screen usually display eats up a majority of the power but this morning I checked it and it was weird display was only 31%, standby was 23% and phone idle was 21%, but I'm not sure if that's because I just woke up and had the phone charging?

    I'll try and monitor everything a little closer these next few days, and go through all of your suggestions. If all else fails do you guys think verizon will give me a new phone? I don't think it can be a bad battery because that would mean all of them are bad, must be the phone.

    I'll also try the run down, turn off and full charge method, I haven't done that yet, my phone is pretty much always on when I charge it. Would that be different from charging the battery on an external charger? because that's usually what I do.


    Again thanks for the help and suggestions I'll let you guys know if anything works. Last night I actually went from 7 pm - 2 am and my extended battery was still around 45% which is pretty amazing and never happened before so maybe switching launchers did help a little.
  9. Master Droid
    Snoking's Avatar
    Member #
    62442
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    715
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    #19
    Charging the battery external to the phone is not training the battery meter in the phone. Stick with one battery trained in the phone for a while and see how it works. Switching battery sizes would confuse the battery meter.
    Rezound User - Retired Techie
  10. Super Moderator
    mountainbikermark's Avatar
    Member #
    114152
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,025
    Liked
    696 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Krans View Post
    Hey Thanks everyone for the replies, pretty glad that I joined this forum you guys all seem pretty helpful.

    cdm that's an interesting method, if I keep having trouble maybe I'll try that number method. I actually have the same 4G toggle widget that someone else posted and I use that pretty much to have 3G most of the day and then 4G only if I need speed when I go out.

    On my battery screen usually display eats up a majority of the power but this morning I checked it and it was weird display was only 31%, standby was 23% and phone idle was 21%, but I'm not sure if that's because I just woke up and had the phone charging?

    I'll try and monitor everything a little closer these next few days, and go through all of your suggestions. If all else fails do you guys think verizon will give me a new phone? I don't think it can be a bad battery because that would mean all of them are bad, must be the phone.

    I'll also try the run down, turn off and full charge method, I haven't done that yet, my phone is pretty much always on when I charge it. Would that be different from charging the battery on an external charger? because that's usually what I do.


    Again thanks for the help and suggestions I'll let you guys know if anything works. Last night I actually went from 7 pm - 2 am and my extended battery was still around 45% which is pretty amazing and never happened before so maybe switching launchers did help a little.
    Tap the standby and see how much time it shows without signal. Though they sound normal for a phone not being used very often, if you are anything above 0% without signal your phone is probably trying to get a better signal all day,eating battery.

    Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Sent from this Galaxy with Blue Tapatalk and a ZaggFolio
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Beating the dead facebook horse!
    By deborah3756 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 01:04 PM
  2. Beating the dead facebook horse!
    By deborah3756 in forum Motorola Droid 2
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 12:58 PM
  3. Beating a dead horse- Kangerade froyo
    By CajunDroid in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 04:45 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 03:33 PM
  5. Beating a dead horse... but ???
    By mlc331 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 03:29 PM

Search tags for this page

360 launcher battery drain
,

360 launcher battery life

,
does 360 launcher drain your battery
,
droid 2 global battery dead works in droid 2
,
droid bionic battery meter incorrect with extended battery
,

droid train extended battery

,

epst htc rezound

,
espt stopped htc rezound
,

htc rezound battery saving mods

,

htc rezound dead battery

,
htc rezound update killing battery
,

jow do i type an equal sign on my htc rezound

,
rezound battery use settings
,
train rezound battery meter
,

whenever i switch between batteries i lose signal. htc rezou

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+