DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: who here is upgrading to the Galaxy S III

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    I had motos (Droid 2 and droid 3) before my incredible 2 and rezound. Nothing but trouble with the motos. Constant signal loss and always issues with the earpiece. With my droid 3 I went through 3 phones before the finally allowed me to change brands. Went to HTC and never looked back. Maybe just my bad luck. Not with the htc's so far.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    The awful radios on the bionic are the sole reason I jumped through hoops to trade it back for the rezound. Flat out terrible.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid bionic
    I switched to the rezound after having a razr and can say that the rezound gets far better reception than the razr. Also leas data drops.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I'll give-up my Rezound when you pry it from my cold, dead hands. lol
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Rezound/ Galaxy S3/ Galaxy S4
    So my plan is to use my wife's upgrade and pre-order the S3 this week, and get her locked in to the unlimited data for at least another two years. This seems like the best way to hedge my bet when it comes to the question of when will they eliminate unlimited data. Since it doesn't come out for at least another month, it is possible that another phone may rise up to peak my interest, but i don't hold my breath for that. Regardless I will get the S3, play with it for a week or so, and if it isn't everything had hoped I will go back and exchange it for another Rezound for the wife. Cant loose either way.

I think there is a bigger advantage to getting unlimited data for two more years, than getting whatever new phone comes out after the summer. I don't suspect that the technology will get too far in the next six months, and since no quad core phones are headed this way at this time with LTE, and the dual core seems to preform just as well as the quad cores, i feel that I will still have a cutting edge phone.
    Thoughts?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    stock rezound mavrom d3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageboardr
    So my plan is to use my wife's upgrade and pre-order the S3 this week, and get her locked in to the unlimited data for at least another two years. This seems like the best way to hedge my bet when it comes to the question of when will they eliminate unlimited data. Since it doesn't come out for at least another month, it is possible that another phone may rise up to peak my interest, but i don't hold my breath for that. Regardless I will get the S3, play with it for a week or so, and if it isn't everything had hoped I will go back and exchange it for another Rezound for the wife. Cant loose either way.

I think there is a bigger advantage to getting unlimited data for two more years, than getting whatever new phone comes out after the summer. I don't suspect that the technology will get too far in the next six months, and since no quad core phones are headed this way at this time with LTE, and the dual core seems to preform just as well as the quad cores, i feel that I will still have a cutting edge phone.
    Thoughts?
    As far as the advantages of locking in unlimited, sounds like a good plan. I don't mind just getting a used phone and bringing it to them to hook up etc. But as fast as tech moves these days I'm betting 6 months they'll have even cooler toys/phones imo.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by dressagerider1 View Post
    Not me! I love my rezound and can only imagine how much better it is going to be with ics.

I had a Samsung charge and always felt.like that phone was glitchy. Maybe it was just that particular model as I have never had a Samsung phone before.
    You don't need to imagine. Install the leaked version. The water is fine.

I absolutely love this phone. With ICS everything is fast and smooth and polished. I already liked it a lot under GB, but ICS makes it perfect.

That being said, the Galaxy S3 is a better phone IMO...but not $700 better. And IMO the best phone out right now/near future is not the Galaxy S3, but the EVO 4G LTE.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Rezound/ Galaxy S3/ Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    And IMO the best phone out right now/near future is not the Galaxy S3, but the EVO 4G LTE.
    Agreed, and if it came to Verizon, I wouldn't hesitate. I would much prefer a HTC phone, but the Incredible 4G just doesn't excite me. I figure the biggest downside to the S3 is Touchwiz compared to Sense. I really like Sense widgets, but if touchwiz is that bad i wil just replace it with GoLauncher. Problem Solved.

Come on great camera, and raidos that work.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I'm getting (waiting for the UPS to get here at some point today or tomorrow) the Rezound a yr early into my contract, so I won't get the SG3.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    I almost pulled the trigger on the S3 but the Razr HD is on the horizon. To many choices. I have the Maxx now. Which is a good thing. Its a popular phone that sells well. I can get the S3 at full retail and see if I like it. If I do, I will keep it and sell the Maxx and accessories for likely well over $500 or ebay which recoups most of my $$$ which I paid for the S3. If I don't like the S3, I will in turn sell it on ebay as a "extremely mint device" only used for a few days. So the options are really endless. I can do the same thing with the Razr HD. Either way I am paying full retail for the phones but you make your money back on the sale of your previous device. Best part is, you don't have to use an upgrade and you are only out $150-$200 when all said and done.

Think about this fashion of upgrading. As long as you have a premier device that people want you can get most of you $$$ from your "not so old" device.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Links