DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: HTC Rezound Performance

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    @indee83
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC

HTC Rezound Performance

I rooted the Rezound by using the sticky guides to first unlock via htcdev then flash the amon ra recovery img....

After that I was able to use my tech savvy skills to clean house (bloatware) & add functionality....

I know its a placebo effect but I'd swear the damn thing weighs less now lol (I know it doesn't) but I've got a whole new appreciation for this device now...

The screen looks soooo good, now I've got adfree killing the banners and my regular battery feels like it's a quad strength battery, played some words with friends, played some tron cycle racing & I had over 70% battery left...

If you're on the fence about rooting, be very careful when you do it, but DO IT...it's like having a whole new device, I've had a rooted bionic, droid X etc, etc & none of that has made such a nght & day difference as I've seen in the Rezound... just an FYI

EDIT: Removed reference to illegal/inappropriate activity. Let's not brag about stuff like that.
    Last edited by MrSmith317; 05-23-2012 at 12:11 PM.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    That's what I did. I first loaded the ics leak without rooting my phone. I didn't like it cause my battery life went to crap with that leak. So there was no way of going back to gb. So I rooted my phone and loaded Scott's cleanrom standard edition. All I can say is wow. My phone is a lot smoother and I can use the stock keyboard without and keyboard lag when I type. Plus my battery life has improved a lot before when I loaded the ics leak. Best thing I could've done to my phone.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    @indee83
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    I took my Rezound off the usb from my PC where it was charging last night, played a few words via WWF, played around with the HTC oneX wallpapers I downloaded then went to bed about an hour after that....Woke up this morning to a full battery (device is set to maximum performance & never sleep) Android OS in the battery log was only 2% of battery use...YAY!

I didn't use scotty's info as it was all over the place in my opinion, I used just the unlock instructions from the htc dev site and the instructions from the sticky to flash amon ra and I was good to go, I'm still running GB and everything is stock, when I want to tweak the look I use things like the adw launchers or go launchers so I don't see much of a need for custom roms...I still swear the phone feels lighter, I know it's not possible but it just goes to show how much better the device is now, night & day without a doubt..

Links