DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More gmail problems

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC REZOUND

More gmail problems

I changed my password on the web site - but when I try to update my password on my Rezound I get the "warning 401 Unauthorized". I get email fine on my computer account. When I try to download gmail mesages on the phone I get "log in failed" but if I check the gmail under applications the message is there. Also, I cant figure out how to log in to my account on the phone so that I can enter my new passwod. I tried deleting the account but don't wan't to do a factory reset. My verizon.net mail comes through fine.
  2. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Did you get this solved yet? Did you change your gmail password under accounts & sync in settings? If that causes the error you mentioned, remove the gmail account and add it back. Maybe clear data on the gmail app in settings -> applications
    Helpful Rezound Links:
    Guide to Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ

Did you know: You can upgrade your Rezound to ICS without rooting?

Fun Rezound Fact: The antennas for the Rezound are in the battery cover.

Don't forget to backup your flash player install before they remove it from the Android Market.

If you don't understand something, ask questions.
    Please follow the posting guidelines.

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
    Benjamin Franklin
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC REZOUND
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Did you get this solved yet? Did you change your gmail password under accounts & sync in settings? If that causes the error you mentioned, remove the gmail account and add it back. Maybe clear data on the gmail app in settings -> applications
    Thanks much for your reply.

Situation still the same. I receive emails by checking "All applications, Gmail". But when I try checking the Gmail account in the mail program and try to refresh Gmail get the error :Login failed". When I go to "Account settings" and "edit account" enter the passsword, and click "finish" get the warning "401 Unauthorized". When I go to delete it, it says "this account will be deleted, and when I check OK get the warning "401-1: Unauthorized" When I try to remove the application I cleared the data but can't remove the application itsself. It gives me the option of force stop and uninstall updates. Version of Gmail is 2.3.6

This is driving me crazy!!
  4. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Ok, I'm slightly confused. Are you using the Gmail app or the email app to check your gmail? If you're using the gmail app, open the settings application. Go under accounts and sync. Click the "Google" account that's listed and remove it. Then add the account back. If you added your gmail account during the initial phone setup then it got setup in the stock email app as well. Clear data on the "Email" app in applications and if I understand you correctly, You'll need to re-add any other accounts back, but that should get you to where you want to be.
    Helpful Rezound Links:

Don't forget to backup your flash player install before they remove it from the Android Market.

Benjamin Franklin
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC REZOUND
    Ok, I'm slightly confused. Are you using the Gmail app or the email app to check your gmail? If you're using the gmail app, open the settings application. Go under accounts and sync. Click the "Google" account that's listed and remove it. Then add the account back. If you added your gmail account during the initial phone setup then it got setup in the stock email app as well. Clear data on the "Email" app in applications and if I understand you correctly, You'll need to re-add any other accounts back, but that should get you to where you want to be.
    I am using my "MAIL" account with two accounts, Verizon and Gmail (which was setup during my initial setup). I went into accounts & sync, clicked the Google account (showing my gmail address underneath) and clicked remove. After asking if I wanted to remove it and clicking OK, it says that it is being used by other applications and a factory reset is required. I then checked the applications and under MAIL (no EMAIL listed) and it brings up "all accounts" but I cant find how to clear the data.

Please don't give up on me!!
  6. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Ha, I never give up. I'm attaching a screenshot of my "Email" app screen. Does yours not look like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails More gmail problems-2012-04-29_18-02-29.png  
    Helpful Rezound Links:

Benjamin Franklin
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC REZOUND
    I have the screen but it shows "force stop" and "about" highlighted above cancel (which is not highlighted).Nothing else is highlighted. My version is 4.5.2122332410.238988. I am unable to clear data since it is not highlighted. But I think I am about to give up - I have added the gmail app icon to my home page and it works fine - it still shows up as an account on my mail account along with Verizon, but I will ignore it and just use both apps to check mail. But the question still remains why I can't get the same page you do. You don't know how much i appreciate the time you have taken to help me.
  8. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    I actually sat down and thought about this for a few. I can't think of any good reason that you shouldn't be able to delete an account from the email app. Maybe reset your gmail password back to what it was and see if the mail app allows you to remove it then..??
    Helpful Rezound Links:

Benjamin Franklin
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Yours is a weird problem. I've used the Gmail app for all my mail accounts for over two years now. I find it to be a vastly superior app to the native email app.

Here's a link: Using Gmail as your own personal push mail server

Good luck.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC REZOUND
    I actually sat down and thought about this for a few. I can't think of any good reason that you shouldn't be able to delete an account from the email app. Maybe reset your gmail password back to what it was and see if the mail app allows you to remove it then..??
    Tried changing the password back to the old one and no change. When I try to delete the account I still get the "401-1 unauthorized". When I go into the stock mail settings and select gmail it goes straight to "edit account" where I try to update my password with the same error msg "401 unauthorized". When I refresh the gmail it says login failed. But I can't find anyway to log out and then log back in (using my UPDATED pasword). As i said previously, the gmail application works fine so if I can't combine the two accounts on the mail application I will look ino the gmail push mailserver that BayoutFlyFisher kindly furnished.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links