DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rezound restarting in the middle of the night on its own and getting stuck at 4g logo

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

Rezound restarting in the middle of the night on its own and getting stuck at 4g logo

Last night I woke up and my phones screen was on the 4G LTE startup. I let my dog out and when I came back in the room I saw a flash of light. I think it was the rings on the 4G screen. I then did a battery pull and it got stuck there again. I then did another battery pull and it stayed on the 4G LTE screen for 3 minutes before it went on to its normal business ( It did not dim the screen or have the rings going out). Has anyone ever had this happen to them? I was worried I was going to have to do a hard reset or something on it.

It happened again! Last night I woke up around 2 am. My phone was stuck at the 4g logo startup. I sat there hoping it would just boot up normal. I watched it restart itself 3 times before I took it out of the dock. It restarts and when it gets to the 4g logo it just sits there for 2-3 minutes and then restarts itself. Once I took it out of the dock I thought I would see if it would correct itself since it wasn't charging. I let it restart 2 more times and nothing. So I did a battery pull and waited 30 seconds to put it back in. That did it but I cannot have my phone restarting in the middle of the night and getting stuck like that. I use my phone as my alarm clock. Has anyone had this happen to them? What is wrong with my phone?

I have done a factory reset since it did it before. It seemed like since the incident first happened my gps was not working. I use it for running and it would never find a signal. I haven't updated google maps thinking that was it.

3. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Are you in a spotty 4G area? Believe it or not network issues can cause behavior like this with the Rezound.
    Helpful Rezound Links:
    Guide to Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ

Did you know: You can upgrade your Rezound to ICS without rooting?

Fun Rezound Fact: The antennas for the Rezound are in the battery cover.

Don't forget to backup your flash player install before they remove it from the Android Market.

If you don't understand something, ask questions.
    Please follow the posting guidelines.

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
    Benjamin Franklin
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Can you get to the phone dialer? Check the thread about boot loops. Do the *#*#4636#*#*, which will bring a screen. Choose phone info and scroll down and set network to CDMA AND LTE/4G. If you can not get to dialer, remove the sim card.

from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
    Last edited by Snoking; 04-12-2012 at 10:29 AM.
    Rezound User - Retired Techie
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Are you in a spotty 4G area? Believe it or not network issues can cause behavior like this with the Rezound.
    No my 4G works great and normally I leave it on Wifi at home. These are the only times that I have had my phone just restart on its own.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoking View Post
    Can you get to the phone dialer? Check the thread about boot loops. Do the *#*#4637#*#*, which will bring a screen. Choose phone info and scroll down and set network to CDMA AND LTE/4G. If you can not get to dialer, remove the sim card.

from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
    It's already set to CDMA EVDO / LTE - Auto. Its *#*#4636#*#*.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    In the 2 weeks I've had mine, it's only restarted on it's own once...and it was on wifi. With fastboot off it takes 5 minutes to restart. Not sure what is a normal boot up time but it's pretty slow. With fastboot on it takes 30 seconds but I have read that it is best to leave that off. My old DX was horrible at random restarts and 10-15 minute reboots....if this starts happening with the Rezound I'm going to go crazy!
  8. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1682 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shyronnie View Post
    It's already set to CDMA EVDO / LTE - Auto. Its *#*#4636#*#*.
    I will assume you are not rooted. If that is correct call vzw and do an exchange. Tell them you already did a factory reset and still experiencing issues. Since I had my rezound I dont think I have had a random reboot, except on rare occasion when I was running a rom. But that dont mean its what you did but could be the device is a bad device from stock.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Twitter
    @Android4life28
    Phone
    HTC Rezound, Droid 2 Global
    Wow, mine hasn't restarted at all. In fact, I've had zero problems with mine; with the exception of light bleed that all HTC phones have.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
    Sent from my HTC Rezound
    Rooted Unlocked and Ready to Rock!

Current ROM: Newt's One XxX Sense 4.0

10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I am not rooted. So its not normal. When I had my Bionic it would restart but I was actually using it at the time. I really don't want to have to send it back. I love my phone I just don't want it restarting in the middle of the night and getting stuck.
  11. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1682 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Well you really wont have to just send it back. Vzw is good about doing replacements. They will send you the new one in the mail (it normally get there the next, unless its the weekend). Once you get it you will have a few days to test it (I normally make sure all is good before I send my old one back). If you are concerned about losing you place in apps use the app my backup pro. Other than that your contacts and everything else will be backed up with verizon's backup assistance.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links