DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rezound restarting in the middle of the night on its own and getting stuck at 4g logo

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Thanks, if it happens again then I will send it in. It's just weird because I have never read anywhere of it happening to anyone. I did turn off fast boot after this happened. Hopefully it will not happen again.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 (new) Droid 1 (old)
    Quote Originally Posted by shyronnie View Post
    Thanks, if it happens again then I will send it in. It's just weird because I have never read anywhere of it happening to anyone. I did turn off fast boot after this happened. Hopefully it will not happen again.
    I just found this thread. Same exact thing happens to me. I use the dock and use the phone as my alarm. 2 times in the last 3 months I have woken up to see the frozen 4G logo on the screen.. Battery pull always has fixed it. It hasn't happened enough for me to do anything.

Besides I got my phone off ebay so I don't have a contract. But I also think that means I have no way to replace under warranty.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I am glad to hear I am not the only one that this has happened to. Sounds exactly the same. My phone is in the dock, I use it for an alarm and it has happened twice in 3 months. I have now turned off fast boot and I am turning off wifi and mobile network at night to see if this does anything. I have a question for you. Do you use the dock app that comes on when you put it into the dock or another? I use dock clock and just this morning I was wondering it maybe that is it. When I first got it I used the default dock app that comes with the phone but the time was too small so I started using dock clock.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    I am glad to hear I am not the only one that this has happened to. Sounds exactly the same. My phone is in the dock, I use it for an alarm and it has happened twice in 3 months. I have now turned off fast boot and I am turning off wifi and mobile network at night to see if this does anything. I have a question for you. Do you use the dock app that comes on when you put it into the dock or another? I use dock clock and just this morning I was wondering it maybe that is it. When I first got it I used the default dock app that comes with the phone but the time was too small so I started using dock clock.
    Well this is good info. I am not using the stock clock/dock app. I use Nightstand Bold (love it) and I was wondering if it caused this. I also use AlarmDroid for alarms because it has music and incremental volume on the music. I still have fast boot on. I have done different combinations of wifi and mobile network and not seen any difference that I know of. I run in the 'high performance' power mode.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by kefler View Post
    Well this is good info. I am not using the stock clock/dock app. I use Nightstand Bold (love it) and I was wondering if it caused this. I also use AlarmDroid for alarms because it has music and incremental volume on the music. I still have fast boot on. I have done different combinations of wifi and mobile network and not seen any difference that I know of. I run in the 'high performance' power mode.
    I also using the rnd dock station instead of the one from Verizon. I am using the default alarm and I am also using high performance power mode. Do you know what dates yours did this? Mine was March 13th and April 11th. Hopefully it will not happen again to use.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    hothfox
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
    Quote Originally Posted by kefler View Post
    Besides I got my phone off ebay so I don't have a contract. But I also think that means I have no way to replace under warranty.
    I've always wondered about this. I know the device has a 1-year manufacturer warranty that starts on the date of purchase. I wonder if Verizon knows when the phone itself was purchased, since I think the warranty would transfer to you.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    I also using the rnd dock station instead of the one from Verizon. I am using the default alarm and I am also using high performance power mode. Do you know what dates yours did this? Mine was March 13th and April 11th. Hopefully it will not happen again to use.
    2nd time was April 15th for me.. time before was probably about a month earlier.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    rezound
    Thank you guys so much for your posts my phone restarted itself for 2 days straight most of the time it wouldn't even make it to the main screen without restarting and
    eventually it would just restart itself until it would die.. I put it on charge finally got to the main screen dailed that *#*#4636#*#* changed the settings like you said and it
    fixed itself instantly i cant tell you how thankful i am you guys saved my week
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    your dog was accessing the maps for known locations of cats, and it went into the famed reboot when GMaps is open.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links