DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Go Launcher EX....choppy page transitions

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

Go Launcher EX....choppy page transitions

I'm using Go Launcher EX and I absolutely love everything about it except for one thing. Some of the home screen page transitions are choppy. "Cylinder", "Sphere" and "Cube" are the worse. The others sometimes aren't silky smooth, but tolerable. Anyone else notice this or know how to correct it? Under Preferences>Screen Settings>Screens Transition Speed, I set it to "Smooth(Speed: 25)". This helps a little, but the transitions are still not fluid. Page transitions in the App Drawer (Horizontal) are super smooth and fast, just not on the Home Screen transitions. I'm currently running a 5x5 grid size, but I switched to 4x4 with no change. Also, it doesn't seem to matter which theme I'm using. I know there is a warning that these particular effects may not run satisfactory, but with a 1.5 Ghz dual core processor, you'd think it could handle it. I'm not rooted. Running Stock.

I don't want to switch to Launcher Pro or ADW. I prefer the customization and volume of themes in Go Launcher.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

RH
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I had this issue with ADW and ADW EX. They haven't been updated in ages. So I switched to Go Launcher a couple months back because it looked like it was actively supported. I had the same issue, sometimes very smooth, but many times very choppy to the point of being intolerable. I also lowered the speed like you did but it still acted up. I have no idea what app updated but all of a sudden two weeks ago my transitions have been very smooth for the vast majority of the time after over a month of choppy hell. I have to guess it was an app conflict.

My only complaint with GOLauncher now is that you can't make the dock icons bigger. very annoying.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by idiotekniQues View Post
    I switched to Go Launcher a couple months back. My only complaint with GOLauncher now is that you can't make the dock icons bigger. very annoying.
    Do you have Go Launcher or Go Launcher EX?

Yeah, I've noticed that certain themes shrink the size of the dock icons. Try a different theme and they might get bigger. So many other things are customizable with GL EX, that I can't complain about that. Email the development team and suggest they add that feature to a future update.

RH
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Anyone else out there running Go Launcher EX on their Rezound care to share their experiences?

RH
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    yes it's the EX version I am running. what themes do you find have bigger dock icons?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Try these. I've changed most of my dock icons. I chose icons I liked better from other themes.

RH

Windows GO Launcher EX Theme

Windows 7 GO Launcher EX Theme

Honeycomb GO Launcher EX Theme
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RezoundHound View Post
    Anyone else out there running Go Launcher EX on their Rezound care to share their experiences?

RH
    I'm very pleased with GL on the Rezound, Incredible, Galaxy Tab and Kindle Fire.
    I made my own theme using Multiple Picture Live Wallpaper, Desktop Visualizer and Simple Text.
    On the Rezound the transition is very smooth. High quality drawing, under advanced settings , is unchecked and scroll circularly is unchecked as I've found they do hurt performance quite a bit. I use Chariot scroll effect.
    I've got icons set to large and on all my devices and it only seems to make them larger on the Tab dock.
    Here's a shot of 3 different screens

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Go Launcher EX....choppy page transitions-uploadfromtaptalk1331813461736.jpg   Go Launcher EX....choppy page transitions-uploadfromtaptalk1331813702285.jpg   Go Launcher EX....choppy page transitions-uploadfromtaptalk1331813727007.jpg  
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    I used Go Launcher EX all the way up until yesterday. It's pretty good, but I'm giving MIUI a try right now and I'll say this, it's is actually pretty smooth and leaves a smaller footprint as well as not using as many resources. Only think I have yet to do with MIUI is run my desktop in landscape. I'm not sure if thats an option I haven't found yet, but I don't know if I can do that.

Yesterday went from GO Launcher EX and Swift Key to MIUI and ICS keyboard, and if almost feels like a new phone. Smoother, more accurate key strokes, and programs open up a tad bit faster as well.

BUT, Go launcher still is great. I've went away from using cube, sphere, and cylinder though on GO because like you said, they were slow and laggy. One thing I notice though is that the animations tend to be a bit slower on wake up or when you transition for the first time in a while then after the first transition it is smoother.
    My phone is now a part of my DNA.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by cp24eva View Post
    I used Go Launcher EX all the way up until yesterday. It's pretty good, but I'm giving MIUI a try right now and I'll say this, it's is actually pretty smooth and leaves a smaller footprint as well as not using as many resources. Only think I have yet to do with MIUI is run my desktop in landscape. I'm not sure if thats an option I haven't found yet, but I don't know if I can do that.

Yesterday went from GO Launcher EX and Swift Key to MIUI and ICS keyboard, and if almost feels like a new phone. Smoother, more accurate key strokes, and programs open up a tad bit faster as well.

BUT, Go launcher still is great. I've went away from using cube, sphere, and cylinder though on GO because like you said, they were slow and laggy. One thing I notice though is that the animations tend to be a bit slower on wake up or when you transition for the first time in a while then after the first transition it is smoother.
    You are using a MIUI Rom? Do you have a link? I didn't know Miui was fully working on the Rezound yet
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelv View Post
    You are using a MIUI Rom? Do you have a link? I didn't know Miui was fully working on the Rezound yet
    This is the link to what I'm using now.
    My phone is now a part of my DNA.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links