DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazing phone but one fairly inconveniant and odd problem...

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    cause you're the only person left that uses your phone as a phone :P.

Mine never seems to alert me if it's on vibrate except for texts since I swapped to GOSMS pro. As for calls.. in silent it doesn't vibrate for a phone call even.. or if it does I have not felt it once in the time I've had the phone.. and it's a strong vibrate at that. With my volume all the way up it works fine. Since I usually watch the LED when in silent and need the phone to not vibrate anyway most of the time, that works out in my favor.. maybe it's similiar for others in that respect?
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Are you using a task killer or manager of any kind? It may be killing the task that runs in the background, waiting for alarms. I was amazed to see that VZ supplies a task manager with the Rezound, I thought they learned long ago that they can cause more problems than they cure.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyTG View Post
    Are you using a task killer or manager of any kind? It may be killing the task that runs in the background, waiting for alarms. I was amazed to see that VZ supplies a task manager with the Rezound, I thought they learned long ago that they can cause more problems than they cure.
    I didn't know they had one....but sure enough, yup. I saw under settings the default is to turn on Task Manager at startup....so I unchecked that. Also, went into the app itself and looked to see if there were any auto kill settings and didn't find anything. From the looks of it it's all manual kill.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound - Rooted & Rocking

a similiar but different problem! in texting!

For 3 weeks now(2 weeks into owning the rezound) my texting is delayed in sending anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 hours to it doesn't send at all!
    VZW blamed it initially on facebook but the problem persists every day sometimes! It is totally BAD since i rely heavily on texting if I am on calls and I need to communicate!
    I love this phone but am on the verge of going to the iphone 4s!
    I have the rezound rooted and it is awesome but this and it resetting itself is ridiculous!
    it will keep doing it until i take out the battery and do a master reset!
    so can anyone help with this!
    I would really appreciate it!
    knock on would today is the first ALL day that it has not done it in 3 weeks! htc, vzw and no-one takes blame or knowledge!
    I also switched to handcent and that helps a bit! sometimes i restart it and that helps too!
    thanks!
    "Catch a wave and you're sitting on top of the world!"
    Member #
    Phone
    OG DROID, DROID X, HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyTG View Post
    Actually, the built in task manager is HTC's. Most android phones have a built in task manager from the manufacturer. Other task managers aren't needed because they don't work well with the native one.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    rezound
    so i had been having a similar problem with my new rezound and it was making no sense to me since i also got one for my son and his didnt have the issue except his was on a different account. so heres what i found while poking around trying to come up with a solution, i too had tried everything and probably more just like everyone else and hoping for an unseen setting, not possible, i know this phone inside and out now, and then i went back to my old conspiracy theories, lol, and voila, i found in my "apps" page, verizon messages, hmmm, i thought, i wonder, and sure as you know what, i agreed to the terms, and guess what, now i get an audible alert with every single text message i receive. amazing. so irritating !!! we pay for the service, we pay for the phone, is that not enough? so for those of you who are getting their texts but no audible alert to let you know when then i suggest maybe you try this and let me know how it works, im curious to know, and i most definitely hope that you wont blame htc or the rezound as i do believe this phone is of superior quality
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links