DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Really thinking about going back to Verizon and getting a new phone.

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

Really thinking about going back to Verizon and getting a new phone.

I'm going to go on a little rant about the my Rezound.

1. My Rezound randomly turns off when it has about 8% battery. And then when I try to get it to turn on, the orange LED starts to blink and I cannot turn on the phone for a little. I am left to stick my charger in it until the orange light stops blinking, and then can I turn my phone on again, finally. However, this takes a fair amount of time. About 15 minutes. This may not seem like a major problem, though it is tedious and very frustrating.

2. My home touch button doesn't work anymore. When I press it, my background pops up for a split second and then goes back to the app I was in. I have tried everything; soft reset, battery pull and clearing the cache under HTC Sense in the apps. I also made the mistake of clearing HTC Sense data. And now, I am left with the factory default menus. I can't even change how many menus I have because my Rezound will not let me 'press' the home button to change it.

3. This isn't really a Phone problem, but my stock charger that came with the Rezound. It broke. The silver end piece that physically goes into the phone, got stuck in my phone when day when I tried to pull it out. Couldn't fix it myself. Went to Verizon where the employee fixed it, after some difficulty. However, chargers aren't covered by the warranty or insurance.

4. Infinite loop. Oh my god. Annoying. Went to Verizon, and got it replace no problems. But still though.

I'm really tempted to go to Verizon and just rant to them. I know I'm going to get flamed with 'Rezound is the best Verizon phone.' And I am not denying this statement. It may just be user specific, I'm just fed up.

[Note: Problems 1 and 2 relate to my second Rezound, (my current one)]
    Last edited by boywonder; 02-29-2012 at 04:50 PM.

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    696 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Honestly it sounds like you have a bad battery or/and charger. The flashing red light usually means a problem with the battery, if it alternates to green/red when charging it's too hot to charge. The powering down at 8% also sounds like a bad battery, the loop sounds like the wrong voltage coming from the battery and the phone is "seeing" the wrong voltage shutting down as a safety, trying to reboot, seeing wrong voltage.....

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA

Links