DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing to custom text msg 'notification' sound - impossible?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

Found the problem!!!

"I cannot get rid of the crappy lame default notification tone. I've used ALL the options suggested in these pages, but I cannot get anything but a combination of my selected custom sound AND the default sound. Ugly.
    When I go into the 'set notification sound' option, using SMS/Menu/Settings/Notifications/set notification sound (for example), a brief
    screen shows only 'Default Notification' and a red dot indicating it is selected (NO way to change that behavior). That quickly changes to show all my custom sounds; I pick a short mp3 that I like (it plays just fine), select it, back out, and off.
    When I get a text message, my custom notification sound plays for about one second, then the tail-end of the (lame) 'default' sound.
    Richard"
    -----------------------
    OK - thanks for the many suggestions. I found the problem - it WAS a piece of bad-acting software, which I installed about a week ago, way back when I was REALLY a Noob - The problem was Ringdroid and Ringo Lite. When those two were uninstalled, the problem went away.
    BTW - the helpful post in another thread by Ann154, about where to put sounds - was also a big help.

Now I can specify exactly which sound the phone uses - including my side-loaded custom sounds. Phone seems to want mainly mp3's, tho.

OK for now, time to close the thread, and hope it helps someone else.

Richard in Montana
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

Ringo Lite - Phishing scam???

Quote Originally Posted by b684co View Post
    OK - thanks for the many suggestions. I found the problem - it WAS a piece of bad-acting software, which I installed about a week ago, way back when I was REALLY a Noob - The problem was Ringdroid and Ringo Lite. When those two were uninstalled, the problem went away.
    Richard in Montana
    By the way, I had a problem uninstalling Ringo Lite. During the uninstall, a spammy web page loaded in the browser, an obvious PHISHING form asking for all kinds of personal info.

REALLY unsure about this program. I got it from cnet, don't see it on the Market.

Just saying what happened, draw your own conclusions.
    Richard
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I had a different but equally weird problem that cropped up after the recent update. My Rezound would beep after every SMS I sent (when the recipient received it). I had sent notification and failure notification checked but play notification sound was unchecked. I unchecked all 3 boxes to no avail. Finally, I checked the notification sound box and selected a tone, pressed apply and then unchecked the box and pressed apply again and it stopped. The only problem not is I don't get the check mark in the SMS message indicating it was received. I think the update created some weird bug in the SMS app because it worked fine before.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by b684co View Post
    By the way, I had a problem uninstalling Ringo Lite. During the uninstall, a spammy web page loaded in the browser, an obvious PHISHING form asking for all kinds of personal info.

REALLY unsure about this program. I got it from cnet, don't see it on the Market.

Just saying what happened, draw your own conclusions.
    Richard
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links