DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: birthday error

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

birthday error

If I look up the information on any given contact on my Rezound, the birthdate shown is one day later than the actual birthdate. If I go to the edit mode, the birthdate shows up correctly. Any ideas what is wrong?

3. Darth Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Android 2.1
    Maybe, file default settings are locked.

-AqworldThunder ^^ . *.* Thank me if i helped please!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by aqworldthunder View Post
    Maybe, file default settings are locked. ....!
    I don't understand what you mean by "file default settings" and how they are "locked".

Let me restate the problem. On most, but not all, of my contacts, the information which was synced from Google contacts, both birthdates and anniversary dates show up as one day later than the actual date. If I go to the edit mode, the correct date shows. Even if I delete the date shown in the edit mode and re-enter it, upon going back to the contact, the incorrect date is shown. If I go to my contacts via Google, where the correct date is shown, re-enter it, the incorrect date shows on the Rezound contact. I force a re-sync with my Google contacts, and no correction is made. I never entered the incorrect date, so why does the Rezound show the incorrect date, always one day higher than the actual date, on most of the contacts? Sounds like a software glitch to me.
    Does anyone have a fix?
    Last edited by Lenagainster; 02-10-2012 at 04:05 PM.
  5. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenagainster View Post
    I don't understand what you mean by "file default settings" and how they are "locked".

Let me restate the problem. On most, but not all, of my contacts, the information which was synced from Google contacts, both birthdates and anniversary dates show up as one day later than the actual date. If I go to the edit mode, the correct date shows. Even if I delete the date shown in the edit mode and re-enter it, upon going back to the contact, the incorrect date is shown. If I go to my contacts via Google, where the correct date is shown, re-enter it, the incorrect date shows on the Rezound contact. I force a re-sync with my Google contacts, and no correction is made. I never entered the incorrect date, so why does the Rezound show the incorrect date, always one day higher than the actual date, on most of the contacts? Sounds like a software glitch to me.
    Does anyone have a fix?
    This was a known issue pre OTA. If you grab the OTA update it should be fixed. I'm not sure what aqworldthunder was talking about
    Helpful Rezound Links:
    Guide to Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ

Did you know: You can upgrade your Rezound to ICS without rooting?

Fun Rezound Fact: The antennas for the Rezound are in the battery cover.

Don't forget to backup your flash player install before they remove it from the Android Market.

If you don't understand something, ask questions.
    Please follow the posting guidelines.

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
    Benjamin Franklin
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    This was a known issue pre OTA. If you grab the OTA update it should be fixed. I'm not sure what aqworldthunder was talking about
    I do have the latest update. (not rooted) android version 2.3.4, sense ver 3.5, software no. 2.01.605.11

I found where they mentioned the problem back in Nov 2011 about Facebook contacts being a day early. All my contacts are via Google, none from Facebook and they are shifted a day later. Maybe they corrected for Facebook and shifted Google.
    Rezound - Issues List - xda-developers

I
    played with entering dates into my Google contacts, and any date entered from Jan 1, 1970 or later show up correctly on the Rezound contact list. If the date is December 31, 1969 or earlier, it shows up as one day later in the Rezound contact list. Even December 31, 1969 shows up as Jan 1.
    Last edited by Lenagainster; 02-10-2012 at 05:33 PM.
  7. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenagainster View Post
    I do have the latest update. (not rooted) android version 2.3.4, sense ver 3.5, software no. 2.01.605.11

I found where they mentioned the problem back in Nov 2011 about Facebook contacts being a day early. All my contacts are via Google, none from Facebook and they are shifted a day later. Maybe they corrected for Facebook and shifted Google.
    Rezound - Issues List - xda-developers

I
    played with entering dates into my Google contacts, and any date entered from Jan 1, 1970 or later show up correctly on the Rezound contact list. If the date is December 31, 1969 or earlier, it shows up as one day later in the Rezound contact list. Even December 31, 1969 shows up as Jan 1.
    I wonder if it's related to your account or if this is a widespread issue. Also this reminds me of the Y2K bug. Since not everyone fixed that problem by adding formatting for a 4 digit year vs starting time at 1970.
    Helpful Rezound Links:

Don't forget to backup your flash player install before they remove it from the Android Market.

Benjamin Franklin
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aqworldthunder View Post

Man, your little commercial asking for thanks is starting to irritate me with that ASCII graphic stuff. It's all I see when combing thru the unread posts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I believe I was actually the first person to make note of this issue. However, the OTA update fixed the problem.
    HTC Rezound - Newt's One XXX

My fastest LTE speed test.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by hoboX10 View Post
    I believe ...., the OTA update fixed the problem.
    I believe I have the latest OTA update as noted above, (software no. 2.01.605.11) and still have the problem.

I wonder if someone could help me out here. Go to one of your Google contacts on your computer and change their birthdate to December 29, 1969. Then go to your phone, and through the "People" tab, find that person and see what date it shows for their birthday. Dec 30, right? Edit that contact on the phone, and in the box you will see December 29, 1969, right? Go back to the computer and change the birthdate to January 2, 1970. Go to your phone and find that person through the People tab. The correct date, January 2 will show, right?

If it works out that way for you, there is still a software glitch even in the OTA update. If it doesn't, then somehow, I alone have the problem and will have to take the phone to Verizon for further investigation.
    Last edited by Lenagainster; 02-11-2012 at 04:47 AM.
  11. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Have you tried to clear data on HTC people after the OTA? You might even need a full factory reset...The latter isn't a great option but it might help.
    Helpful Rezound Links:

Benjamin Franklin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links