DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Talk to text feauture not working

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

Talk to text feauture not working

When I try to give a command like,"send text to Edith, I'm on my way.". The send text screen does come up, but it puts my entire command in the "message" box with no recipient...

I've watched the example video about 100 times and I've speaking slower, faster, changing the names in my address book to be easier to recognize...all to no avail...what am I missing?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Are you using Google voice? I was having the same issue and just gave up but there is an app in the market that I've used and it's a little better than Google voice it's called vlingo.

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC
    Hell on Heels
  3. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aisenber87 View Post
    When I try to give a command like,"send text to Edith, I'm on my way.". The send text screen does come up, but it puts my entire command in the "message" box with no recipient...

I've watched the example video about 100 times and I've speaking slower, faster, changing the names in my address book to be easier to recognize...all to no avail...what am I missing?
    As the above poster mentioned, Vlingo does this with no problem but I'm curious as to what app you're using to try to use speech to text. I do this with Vlingo all the time directly with the handset and via Bluetooth. If you're just holding the search key without a specific app installed then you're in google search which will not send a text for you.

Or you're confusing this all with Siri..haha
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by debrad0307 View Post
    Are you using Google voice? I was having the same issue and just gave up but there is an app in the market that I've used and it's a little better than Google voice it's called vlingo.

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC
    I'm using the voice icon on the Google search Bar and the the "send text" box comes up like it's supposed to, but it puts everything I said in the message box...Talk to text feauture not working-2012-02-02_09-21-48.jpgTalk to text feauture not working-2012-02-02_09-21-38.jpg

Thanks for the tip on Vlingo, I'll check it out - It just pisses me off to not be able to use advertised features of the phone without 3rd party software. boo
    Attached Files
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    The correct command is "Send Text". After saying that, you must immediately start dictating your message with no gap after the "Send Text" command. Then, tap the "To" field and press the little microphone. Say the name of the person you want to send the text to. You can also use the the command "Send Email" and "Call" to make a phone call. The "Call" command uses Google Search to find phone numbers, so you don't even have to have a business in your Contact List. Also, the red capacitve search key activates all of these commands as well. It's faster than using the Google Search Bar, as you can use it from any screen.

RH
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by RezoundHound View Post
    The correct command is "Send Text". After saying that, you must immediately start dictating your message with no gap after the "Send Text" command. Then, tap the "To" field and press the little microphone. Say the name of the person you want to send the text to. You can also use the the command "Send Email" and "Call" to make a phone call. The "Call" command uses Google Search to find phone numbers, so you don't even have to have a business in your Contact List. Also, the red capacitve search key activates all of these commands as well. It's faster than using the Google Search Bar, as you can use it from any screen.

RH
    You're not supposed to have to take the 2nd step of tapping the to field though. See picture below....Talk to text feauture not working-mail.google.com.jpg
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    You're not supposed to have to take the 2nd step of tapping the to field though.
    Yeah, I know. I emailed HTC about that. I just tried out Vlingo. I think I like it better. It has a "Safereader" feature that reads received text msgs out loud.

RH
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by RezoundHound View Post
    Yeah, I know. I emailed HTC about that. I just tried out Vlingo. I think I like it better. It has a "Safereader" feature that reads received text msgs out loud.

RH
    Oh, wow! I really have to check that app out now! Thanks for the info; could you post the response you get from HTC, if any!
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I always forget about the built in search button at the bottom, good tip. Thanks!!
  10. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    DROID Bionic

I had this problem for a long time but I finally solved it. I have to say the word "message" after saying the recipients name.
    Send text message to john -(short pause)- message what's up

Works for me every time now. I know this is not the way any instructions say to do it, but it seriously works on my Bionic. I hope this helps u

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links