DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New to Rezound...Dumped my Bionic

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

New to Rezound...Dumped my Bionic

I could not deal with my Bionic's constant data drops and finally convinced VZW to swap me out for a Rezound. I'm brand new to Sense so I'm looking for any tips or tricks. I'm hoping some of you have also made the Bionic to Rezound switch and can lend me some "things I wish I'd known then that I know now" advice. In addition to anything else people are willing to share, I'd love to know if it is possible to change the "Phone" "personalize" and "apps" buttons ont he bottom and swap them out for permanent apps and actions I prefer.

Thanks in advance...
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Did the data drops go away?
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by tjk629 View Post
    Did the data drops go away?
    So far so good. The Bionic is a disaster. I bought it September 2011. Moto and VZW denied the issue and then claimed for 3 months the fix was coming. Recent release didn't fix it. Problem with transition between 4g and 3g that results in total data drop. Even if you left it on 3g only, data would just fall away. And this was in DC, NY, Chicago and SF...not places where VZW is lacking in signal. It was like playing a slot machine. I'm thinking VZW must be in damage control mode since they are offering the Rezound...that's a change in policy.

But enough Bionic whining, I'm free of that noise. First impression is that the Rezound actually feels better in my hand. The combination of beveled edges and and narrower width just feels better. But I was used to the Moto skin, and their widgets are actually pretty good. In fact, I am really missing the Moto contacts widget. It was one row X 4 columns and could pull down to cover the entire screen. Not loving the HTC people widgets quite yet.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    motorola droid bionic
    I too jumped ship from the Bionic to the Rezound. You will be very satisfied with the Rezound. I had a hard time trying to manoeuvre around in the settings of the phone because it way different than Motorola Blur.

Sent from my Rezound.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I'm in the same boat as you guys. Made the jump about a week ago. Sense is a lot more flashy... But it's also more refined and integrated than blur. I still miss blur, only because I knew it so well. I imagine its just a matter of time to get acclimated

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain.
    Time to die.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I am thinking of buying the rezound but was reluctant because I had the Razr and the data connection was a complete failure. I had to fight with Verizon over the $35.00 restock fee . Why do I have to pay a fee because the phone doesnt work right. So if anyone can confirm the rezound doesnt do a complete data loss would be appreciated.
    John Zenobia
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    I have not seen the complete data drop issue present itself with my Rezound, and I didn't go an entire day without the data dropping on my Bionic.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I was thinking of switching myself. But since the update and once Verizon got their nework running decent I have had zero data drops. Bionic zooming along. Forever rooted running stock blur. Its close to the phone it should have been at launch.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I was a big moto fan but after the bull with that razr I will probably jump to htc . glad to hear that the rezound is running well without data dropping.
    John Zenobia
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    I feel your pain! I had the Bionic since week one in september. I was a huge moto fan and had to live with the horrible data issues till two weeks ago. I went through 3 Bionics and all could not hold data for more than ten min and then you were lucky to get it back without a battery pull.

Been on the Rezound for 2 weeks now and absolutely love the phone. It is not as manly as the Bionic lol but who cares cause now my phone works 100% you will get used to Sense, its actually has some great features all phones should have. Beats is a great feature as well but i recommend an after market equalizer to tune it to the music you listen to. The camera kills the Bionic as well its the fastest shutter i have seen on am android yet. Its really sad that the Rezound didnt get any support in advertising that the other Verizon phones have gotten but i have read so many posts about people jumping ship to get this phone so you made the right choice!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links