DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: had to get rid of my nexus

1. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1675 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member

Unhappy had to get rid of my nexus

I went through 4 nexuses and it kept having radio issues. Whether it was via wifi, lte, or cdma it kept dropping signals. This was even with it being less than 5 feet from my wireless router. I was waiting for the ota but i was on day 30 and had to live with it hoping for a fix or bail out. So i bailed and got the rezound. This is not another bash nexus thread because I assure you i hated parting ways with it but it came down to the last day. Hopefully for nexus users yall see a true fix.

3. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1675 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Ok guys I am a believer . This screen and the sound wipes the floor with the nexus. And with the ics roms I get the best of both worlds. Wow...... Now I am waitingfor my extended battery cuz I am not putting this thing down any time soon.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I was going to get the Gnex, but the radio issue does worry me, almost set on Rezound and toss the senseless ICS rom on and be set. Still confused, probablly got to vz store in a week and play with both and grab the one I like best then
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I don't regret it. It is more of a pain to flash roms/kernels, or at least will take some getting used to. I guess unlocking, rooting and flashing recovery was relatively painless. Still waiting for a stable, vanilla ICS before I bother with it. I'm tempted by Scott's Clean or Senseless ICS. With the developer support going full speed, there's really nothing the Nexus has on it aside from a larger screen (and, ok, the disappearing buttons are nice....if you watch much video).

I also stuck a 64gig SD card in it and I couldn't be happier to have more than double the storage of the Nexus.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I went through two Nexi and both had trouble holding a signal, even wifi. I doubt it's a software issue. I think the Nexus was built using substandard parts to save money. Why else would they put a 5MP camera in a top tier phone? If they're cheap on the camera, who knows what kind of equipment they used for the signal receiver. I too didn't want to give up the Nexus but now that I have the Rezound, I wouldn't trade it for a fully functioning phone. The reception on the Rezound is so much better and it's just built better. It's the best phone out there.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I seriously think there is something fishy about the nexus. I got mine a few weeks after launch after it being sold out and my Nexus works flawlessly.
    Rushed maybe?
    Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums
    pc747 likes this.
  8. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1675 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samiusmc View Post
    I went through two Nexi and both had trouble holding a signal, even wifi. I doubt it's a software issue. I think the Nexus was built using substandard parts to save money. Why else would they put a 5MP camera in a top tier phone? If they're cheap on the camera, who knows what kind of equipment they used for the signal receiver. I too didn't want to give up the Nexus but now that I have the Rezound, I wouldn't trade it for a fully functioning phone. The reception on the Rezound is so much better and it's just built better. It's the best phone out there.
    Yeah the final straw was when i was 2 feet from my router and it could not get wifi. And last night i was trying to stream nfl mobile live radio broadcast and kept getting connection lost. I pop the sim card in my tbolt and it ran flawless. If it was just lte issue my 3g on cdma and wifi would be working fine. But there is obviously some radio issues and I dont know if its large batch of bad phones (because some people saying they not experiencing those issues), or if its software. All i know is I ran out of time waiting for a fix and I had to make a decision and so far I am comforted with the rezound. The rezound is not getting the love it should and part of it was cuz the tbolt got too much love and it burned people early. So people just not sold on the rezound plus htc is not the best with battery life (actually htc just like to put smaller batteries in their phones. Either way I can not believe I have been sleeping on the rezound.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Wow you guys are so right about the radio problem I can't stand it anymore !!!! The wifi on the galaxy nexus is so weak that I just want to throw it out the window.I wish I could of gotten a resound but it doesn't support where I live.I hope you enjoy your phone trust me its great •]

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  10. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1675 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nadav64 View Post
    Wow you guys are so right about the radio problem I can't stand it anymore !!!! The wifi on the galaxy nexus is so weak that I just want to throw it out the window.I wish I could of gotten a resound but it doesn't support where I live.I hope you enjoy your phone trust me its great •]

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    If you got it from verizon they know about the radio issue so keep doing exchanges until you get one that fixes or they lat you change it out. Yeah its a pain because you dont have sd card but if you open your external card and copy files from nexus to computer you can than transfer them back when you get your new nexus. That is what i kept doing that and i copied my clockwork recovery folder on my computer so when i got my new nexus i would just unlock flash clockwork recovery and restore my nandroid backup ...no need to root or reset up anything.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    Hopefully for nexus users yall see a true fix.
    No fix needed here. I didn't have data drops at all since launch date (except the nationwide outage obviously). On stock or most recently on codename rom.

Either way, good luck with the new phone. Its a good #2 phone. I'm gonna get flamed for that lol. But its just my opinion. It all comes down to personal choice. One thing I think we can all agree on is...Both are better than the iPhone!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Links