DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Rezound or Spectrun

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    The Spectrum is definitely less sensitive. You need to press slightly longer for stuff to register. I do not believe this is a matter of hardware (it seems to have normal sensitivity in games for example)...I think LG did this on purpose to reduce accidental clicks maybe. In any event, I personally did not find it a huge deal.

The Rezound is very sensitive. Moreso than my Droid 1 was, and my Droid 1 was pretty sensitive too. [/FONT][/COLOR] You barely have to even graze the screen to get it to register a touch.

The Rezound seems to hold a charge better. But really, I would suggest getting extended batteries for either phone. With extended batteries both phones will make it through a heavy day of use with room to spare.

The Rezound does seem to charge "faster", but I don't know if it is a fair comparison, as my battery has been broken in for months now, and his is brand new.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Superb on both phones. Both have voice cancelling mics and great radios. Reception is awesome on both. IMO the Rezound is slightly better.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

The Spectrum is a fugly phone. If looks matter to you, this will be a factor. It has an awesome display, but the case is ugly, and the cases you can buy for it are even uglier. Especially the one (1) extended battery case. The extended battery for the Spectrum makes it even uglier if that were possible. It juts directly out of the back in a cartoonish way.

As for default cases, the Rezound's feels more comfortable as well. The spectrum's case is a slick fingerprint magnet. The Rezound's back is rubberized, and FAR easier to hold as well as being very resistant to fingerprints. The Spectrum is thinner and lighter without a case though.
    My Lucid touchscreen suffered from more than just being less sensitive. Sometimes it required multiple touches. Many times the accuracy was off. Sometimes high sometimes low. Overall the inconsistency of it was less the one on a HTC device. I could live with "less sensitive" as long as it was consistent.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Well, the gozilla glass on the LG specs is a plus that isn't talked about much.

When I upgraded my phone about a month ago, I wanted to be able to easily root and ROM as I had been doing on my droid-x using CM9/gummy/AOKP. This is a more important feature for me than cameras or audio.

Motorola is driving people crazy by their newer updates plugging all exploits for rooting and disallowing downgrading to earlier versions. I read the latest update for Razer is the same, and every Verizon motorola phone is going to get one of these OTAs. The pop up gave a choice of OTA now or later, and then keeps coming back. It was a whole lot of work for me to get to rooted 621 on the droid-x (not Milestone X rooted, but 621 rooted), though I later went to AOKP as my favorite ROM. But, if I need blur features like playing video from phone onto my HDTV, I need to restore my rooted 621 nandroid backup.

So Motorola is chasing away all the potential buyers who like to root and ROM. New Motorola phones will come with the latest updates and will be unrootable.

So which manufacturers cater to people who like to root and ROM?

Anyway, for ease of rooting and playing - my choice was the Galaxy Nexus or the Rezound. Both have unlockable bootloaders - makes rooting easy and nice to be able to replace the stock recovery with clockworkmod or Ramon. The Rezound has the better radio - especially in 3G only areas. A coworker has the Galaxy Nexus and has plenty of dropped data events. The one week $50 verizon sale on the rezound made the difference. And now the Rezound has S-OFF.

One poster mentioned his LG is rooted, but does the LG have an open bootloader? Will Verizon's next update to the LG eliminate all hope of ever rooting it again?

We have many choices. It is like buying a car - people have different priorities in the features/advantages of various models.

Howard

P.S. It looks like the LG has an unlocked bootloader. At least they are saying this at rootzwiki:
    http://rootzwiki.com/topic/19593-boo...d/page__st__10

I didn't know and thus did not consider the LG.
    Last edited by HowardZ; 05-02-2012 at 08:08 AM.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Well, the gozilla glass on the LG specs is a plus that isn't talked about much.
    Mostly because it isnt as big a deal now as it was in the Droid 1 days. All modern smartphones use similar glass...the only difference is that Gorilla Glass is name brand. All things being equal, I would rather have Gorilla Glass. But I have not really seen a huge difference between the phones that have it and those that don't. Not with 2011 phones and later anyway.

When I upgraded my phone about a month ago, I wanted to be able to easily root and ROM as I had been doing on my droid-x using CM9/gummy/AOKP. This is a more important feature for me than cameras or audio.
    Then I would skip both these phones and go with the Galaxy Nexus. That is about as root friendly as you can possibly get and still have a tier 1 phone.

Motorola is driving people crazy by their newer updates plugging all exploits for rooting and disallowing downgrading to earlier versions.
    Yeah, it is obnoxious. And they are paying for it. I know for a fact that this policy has turned people off from buying them.

But then people say "So what...most people who buy smartphones are not phone nerds anyway". Thats true. But phone nerds are often the people normal buyers turn to for advice on what to buy.

So which manufacturers cater to people who like to root and ROM?
    I would say Samsung and HTC are about even right now. HTC is the only one that officially allows you to unlock as far as I know. But Samsung is definitely not hostile to rooting.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Correction - it appears from posts on rootzwiki that the LG Spectrum does have an unlocked bootloader

Bootloader...locked or unlocked? - LG Spectrum - RootzWiki - Page 2

I also found that the LG Spectrum will be a GLOBAL phone.
    This means that people who travel to other countries can buy and swap the little card and use other carriers.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/12/22...lobal-devices/

There are people trying to use the Rezound as a global phone and are finding only limited success and having some difficulties.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...421341&page=59

So, if being able to swap the SIMM card and be on AT&T, T-Mobile, or european cell phone companies is an important feature for you, then the LG Spectrum might be the phone for you.

Howard
    Last edited by HowardZ; 05-02-2012 at 08:24 AM.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Even though the LG Spectrum is a global phone I believe it will only work on CMDA 800, 1900mhz bands, and 700 LTE class 13 bands. So it may work on certain LTE, EV-DO bands but I dont think it will work on another American carrier other than Verizon. I am not totally sure though.

And if you want a phone with a good modding/rom/development community you will have to get a Samsung or HTC.
    Last edited by Stelv; 05-02-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Links