DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The truth about the htc rezound

Member #
    Phone
    HTC REZOUND

The truth about the htc rezound

I posted this on the rezound developers page but wanted the rest of the Rezound owners to know the truth about their phone. "THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE".

I spoke to HTC directly about this very thing. I discovered the other radios with the PHONE INFO APP (WCDMA, GSM (only), GLOBAL MODE, GSM+LTE/EVDO auto, GLOBAL LTE MODE) along with the standard CDMA+LTE/EVDO auto and CDMA auto (PRL). Also so confirmed by when I pulled of the back battery cover and exposed several of the gold plated radio antenna's. The HTC tech support manager said to me that HTC Rezound is a world phone despite Verizon's tech support claims that it will only work on Verizon's LTE/CDMA network. HTC's tech said that this phone will work any where in the world. All you need is the SIM card and the SIM Card unlock codes that Verizon should provide to you if you have been a customer long enough. She further said that you can ONLY GET THE CODES FROM VERIZON'S TECH SUPPORT, NOT FROM VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE.

She said with the SIM Card and Codes the phone will operate any where in the world where their is a cell phone signal. Depending on the Network it's hit or miss on having data service, but you will be able to receive and make call plus send and receive text no matter with or without data service.

VERIZON Doesn't advertise the Rezound as a world phone and will tell you it's not, they don't want us to know it's a world phone
    Bottom line with all of the other great things this phone does: direct to tv plug, great camera, hd video,(Dr. Dre) Beats audio, speed, smoothness, ect...
    This is the best phone on the best phone on the Market by far.

VERIZON Doesn't advertise the Rezound as a world phone and will tell you it's not, they don't want us to know it's a world phone. Why I wonder, I think we all know why.

My history with Android is the Original Droid, Thunderbolt, and now the Rezound.

REZOUNDING IN HOUSTON

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Yet another reason to be glad we have the Rezound.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    It's a shame I'm not in the military and constantly traveling anymore. This would have been a handy phone to have for sure. I still love it though!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    You have to call verizon wireless global support because they're the only ones that will give you the unlock code and explain how to do it. I can provide that number to anybody who needs it but you should be able to type global when dialing and it'll pop up. All you do is tell them that you're going to be going on a cruise or leaving the country soon and you will have to use another sim card in it and they will help you out. I used to do this with my blackberry storm 2, before coming to HTC with the thunderbolt.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    I can provide that number to anybody who needs it
    PLEASE do. Thanks.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by xrxex View Post
    You have to call verizon wireless global support because they're the only ones that will give you the unlock code and explain how to do it. I can provide that number to anybody who needs it but you should be able to type global when dialing and it'll pop up. All you do is tell them that you're going to be going on a cruise or leaving the country soon and you will have to use another sim card in it and they will help you out. I used to do this with my blackberry storm 2, before coming to HTC with the thunderbolt.
    I'm afraid the difference is in that BB Storm was a dual, CDMA/GSM. phone and was spec(k)ed from the beginning as "Global-ready". One still needed unlock codes to use it with SIM's other than Verizon's. Unfortunately, it looks like with Rezound we're getting nowhere.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Explain to me why VZW wouldn't want us to know this is a world phone?
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt: Infected ROM
    Yeah, something doesn't add up here. If all those radios are in there, you should be able to access them with a rooted ROM, and Verizon would be touting it. So would HTC for that matter.

I'd love to see some confirmation on this though, as I'm thinking about taking my rezound to India in a month or so.
    TB - Synergy ROM
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC REZOUND
    Yeah I agree, so I sent my post to Engadget last night and asked them to do that very thing. I'm waiting for a response.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

Rezound is a world phone...

I swapped SIM cards with my boyfriends Samsung Captivate, went into settings *#*#3646#*#*, changed to several of the GSM options, and managed to get EDGE service, place a phone call, and send/recive a text across AT&T's network. It even said AT&T in the banner on the Rezound, but I was unable to get data. Anyone know any way to get data working, or if its even capable of AT&T's 3G bands? They have HSPA+ 14.4 here, and I believe it's running on the 1900 MHz spectrum. I ask because my man wants a Rezound, but plans on keeping AT&T...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links