DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Notification sounds question.

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Notification sounds question.

I just got my Rezound, and (mostly)love it. What I am having the biggest problem with is figuring out the sounds for notifications. I always had my Droid set to have audible notification of sms/mms, but not email or voice mail. I have yet to figure out how to do this on the Rezound, or is there an app/widget that can help. I have the quick volume app, which is nice, but it doesn't separate out the types of notifications like I need it to. I'd appreciate any help, thanks!!

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Twitter
    macpro88
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Froodychick View Post
    I just got my Rezound, and (mostly)love it. What I am having the biggest problem with is figuring out the sounds for notifications. I always had my Droid set to have audible notification of sms/mms, but not email or voice mail. I have yet to figure out how to do this on the Rezound, or is there an app/widget that can help. I have the quick volume app, which is nice, but it doesn't separate out the types of notifications like I need it to. I'd appreciate any help, thanks!!
    You should be able to go into the SMS App and hit the menu key, settings, then set notifications to your liking, then do the same in the email app.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Go to Personalize/Sound/Notification Sound. There you'll be able to set the notification sounds for Messages, Calendar, Email, Task, etc. Just FYI, Gmail accounts always use the "Default Notification" sound. So if you set a notification sound for email, it'll work for all OTHER email accounts except Gmail. Voice mail does the same. It uses the default notification sound as well. I already contacted HTC about this. It is a known issue. I wouldn't call it a bug, as much as a limitation of the software. Hopefully, this will be changed via a future OTA firmware update.

RH
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    On this same sound subject, once headphones are plunged in can we make all notification sounds heard only in the headphones? ( i have not yet received a call with headphones on either so i dont know how it handles that yet either)
    jfry89
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by RezoundHound View Post
    Go to Personalize/Sound/Notification Sound. There you'll be able to set the notification sounds for Messages, Calendar, Email, Task, etc. Just FYI, Gmail accounts always use the "Default Notification" sound. So if you set a notification sound for email, it'll work for all OTHER email accounts except Gmail. Voice mail does the same. It uses the default notification sound as well. I already contacted HTC about this. It is a known issue. I wouldn't call it a bug, as much as a limitation of the software. Hopefully, this will be changed via a future OTA firmware update.

RH
    Thank you so much for posting this! I couldn't figure out how to do this before.
  7. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfry89 View Post
    On this same sound subject, once headphones are plunged in can we make all notification sounds heard only in the headphones? ( i have not yet received a call with headphones on either so i dont know how it handles that yet either)
    jfry89
    It's supposed to play everything through the headphones when they're plugged in but I swear it's hit or miss. When I'm throwing audio through my arcane FM transmitter in my car it sometimes plays notifications/ringtones through the stereo and sometimes doesn't.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid razr
    All my ringtones play over and over consecutively no space inbetween them. Hope that makes sence. Like my beep ringtone that worked good on the razr beep pause beep pause beep. Is now beep beep beep beep. Any suggestions

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Links