DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1x ? 3G ? 4G ? why does my REZOUND not stay on 4G when in a 4G area ?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

I wish all 3 of my BMW forums were half as good as this forum !

I wish all 3 of my BMW forums were half as good as this forum !
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC rezound

Solution

Okay, so I had the same problem. I have a HTC rezound that always dropped down to 1x, with no 3g signal. Upon restarting my phone or turning off and turning back on the phone's radio, I would get a 4G signal for several minutes before it dwindled back down to 1x.

So here's what got me back up on 4G.

Solution #1: turn off phone, take out battery and sim card for a min. Check sim card for scratches. If it's scratched you may need a new one. If not, assemble the sim and battery back in and restart. See if this works.

Solution #2: call Verizon and explain your situation. They'll through a troubleshooting process checking to see if you have roaming enabled and etc. But what you want them to do is to renew your radio signal. Don't know the exact terminology but they'll ask you to take out your battery and sim while they update some sort of signal on their end. Then they'll ask you to restart and your 4G should be working.

This has been my experience and I hope it works for you.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krnmackmattsta View Post
    Okay, so I had the same problem. I have a HTC rezound that always dropped down to 1x, with no 3g signal. Upon restarting my phone or turning off and turning back on the phone's radio, I would get a 4G signal for several minutes before it dwindled back down to 1x.

So here's what got me back up on 4G.

Solution #1: turn off phone, take out battery and sim card for a min. Check sim card for scratches. If it's scratched you may need a new one. If not, assemble the sim and battery back in and restart. See if this works.

Solution #2: call Verizon and explain your situation. They'll through a troubleshooting process checking to see if you have roaming enabled and etc. But what you want them to do is to renew your radio signal. Don't know the exact terminology but they'll ask you to take out your battery and sim while they update some sort of signal on their end. Then they'll ask you to restart and your 4G should be working.

This has been my experience and I hope it works for you.
    Instead of all that have you tried lteonoff app and switch to "lte with voice"?

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    Instead of all that have you tried lteonoff app and switch to "lte with voice"?

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Yes. Put simply, that was unsuccessful. The problem doesn't reside in just simply restarting the radio.
    Wish I knew the technical terminology but the method that worked for me required a reset on Verizon's end.
  5. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Yes. Put simply, that was unsuccessful. The problem doesn't reside in just simply restarting the radio.
    Wish I knew the technical terminology but the method that worked for me required a reset on Verizon's end.
    The only thing they could be doing is resetting your LTE SIM. And if it's related to the SIM, it's better to get Verizon to replace it.
    Helpful Rezound Links:
    Guide to Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ

Did you know: You can upgrade your Rezound to ICS without rooting?

Fun Rezound Fact: The antennas for the Rezound are in the battery cover.

Don't forget to backup your flash player install before they remove it from the Android Market.

If you don't understand something, ask questions.
    Please follow the posting guidelines.

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
    Benjamin Franklin
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    The only thing they could be doing is resetting your LTE SIM. And if it's related to the SIM, it's better to get Verizon to replace it.
    That may be the case. I'm just happy it worked.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Agreed. It sounds like a card issue not a network one.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3

That may be the case. I'm just happy it worked.
    I'm with you Krn, I see what you're saying Mr. Smith, but I don't think this is simply resetting the SIM card. I think in some instances, though usually after an update or something, the SIM card "account" is screwed up with the phone. Happened on my Bionic recently. I went to VZW and had them put a new one, worked for about 20 minutes after I left then just crapped out. So I thought it was my phone. Called CS, they told me the SIM card wasn't agreeing with my phone which wasn't agreeing with the network. So they basically "reset the signal" and sure enough it worked. It has nothing to do with the physical SIM card but rather how the network is connecting to it. Thus, it's not better or worse to get Verizon to replace it, especially if it just requires a phone call. Was off the phone in 20 minutes, at a store in Atlanta I probably wouldn't have even be seen for 30 minutes.
  9. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ngr4t View Post
    I'm with you Krn, I see what you're saying Mr. Smith, but I don't think this is simply resetting the SIM card. I think in some instances, though usually after an update or something, the SIM card "account" is screwed up with the phone. Happened on my Bionic recently. I went to VZW and had them put a new one, worked for about 20 minutes after I left then just crapped out. So I thought it was my phone. Called CS, they told me the SIM card wasn't agreeing with my phone which wasn't agreeing with the network. So they basically "reset the signal" and sure enough it worked. It has nothing to do with the physical SIM card but rather how the network is connecting to it. Thus, it's not better or worse to get Verizon to replace it, especially if it just requires a phone call. Was off the phone in 20 minutes, at a store in Atlanta I probably wouldn't have even be seen for 30 minutes.
    I've worked in mobile communications..what I'm telling you is that's impossible. They can update a radio(in your phone) by sending you an OTA. They can reset your SIM. They can't reset any signal going directly to your phone. Basically they lied to you, probably because they didn't understand what was happening or how to explain it. I just don't want you carrying around mis-information..that's all.
    Helpful Rezound Links:
    Guide to Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ

Did you know: You can upgrade your Rezound to ICS without rooting?

Fun Rezound Fact: The antennas for the Rezound are in the battery cover.

Don't forget to backup your flash player install before they remove it from the Android Market.

If you don't understand something, ask questions.
    Please follow the posting guidelines.

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
    Benjamin Franklin
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    "What is the absolute best NON FREE app that I can pay for to fully utilize the camera functions of my phone ? "

I've used a lot of the vanilla camera apps and I've found none that are any better than the stock camera. Now, if you'r
    talking about special effects app, there are hundreds of them. Many include sepia, B/W, posterized, solarized,HRDized everythingized.
    But you'll have to download dozens of them to get a reasonably good collection. And they're coming out with new ones
    practically every day for every possible effect. I just got one that quicky stiches together a 360 deg. panorama shot that's pretty neat. It really depends on what you want to accomplish.

But I do agree with aenyoc. I've got a Nikon D5100 for serious shots..but I'll tell you, some of the resound apps aren't all
    that far behind.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links