DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Cut out Otterbox plastic screen and added Zagg Shield. Wow!

  1. Senior Droid
    Mondingo's Avatar
    Member #
    217487
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    135
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    #1

    Cut out Otterbox plastic screen and added Zagg Shield. Wow!

    Had the Otterbox defender series since day one. I love the protection but the plastic screen protector that comes with it bothered me, because it loses a lot of the pictures quality and the vibrant screen details. So I cut the plastic screen protector out and added the Zagg invisible shield protector. All I can say is WOW! I did not realize how amazing the screen actually looks. it is so clear and vibrant, I love it . The Otterbox with the Zagg invisible shield rocks! And not one air bubble.

    Bad ass REZOUND!
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    drtnsnw's Avatar
    Member #
    80190
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    330
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC ReZound
    #2
    This is my plan too. I am just too lazy and cheap to do it till I need to

    From my Rockin Rezound
    HTC Touch Pro 2 (Windows mobile 6.5),HTC Incredible, HTC Rezound, Droid Maxx
  4. Junior Droid
    edansgrampa's Avatar
    Member #
    242227
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    #3

    I have a question for you please ...

    I just ordered my Rezound from Amazon Wireless - only $149.99 - and obtained an otterbox from ebay. I have seen the review on how to install the otterbox components but am intriguted by your suggestion. If I order the Zagg invisible shield do I have to oreder it specifically for the Rezound? pls let me know and thanks for the tip.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mondingo View Post
    Had the Otterbox defender series since day one. I love the protection but the plastic screen protector that comes with it bothered me, because it loses a lot of the pictures quality and the vibrant screen details. So I cut the plastic screen protector out and added the Zagg invisible shield protector. All I can say is WOW! I did not realize how amazing the screen actually looks. it is so clear and vibrant, I love it . The Otterbox with the Zagg invisible shield rocks! And not one air bubble.

    Bad ass REZOUND!
  5. Junior Droid
    edansgrampa's Avatar
    Member #
    242227
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    #4
    Sorry for the 2nd follow up, but did you order just the screen coverage or the full body coverage from Zagg? Thanks.
  6. Droid Ninja
    rubiksc00p's Avatar
    Member #
    223451
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Posts
    1,376
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    DROID X --> Nexus Prime
    #5
    Yes, the Otterbox screen protectors are terrible!!! Mine always looks oily and dull... Thats why on my Nexus I am getting a different protector!
  7. Senior Droid
    Mondingo's Avatar
    Member #
    217487
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    135
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by edansgrampa View Post
    I just ordered my Rezound from Amazon Wireless - only $149.99 - and obtained an otterbox from ebay. I have seen the review on how to install the otterbox components but am intriguted by your suggestion. If I order the Zagg invisible shield do I have to oreder it specifically for the Rezound? pls let me know and thanks for the tip.
    You have to order the one specifically for the REZOUND. I had to order mine from there site because knowone else has them yet. They go fast. And it was amazing. I cut the plastic shield out and removed the glue residue very well first. Use a razor blade to cut the screen. It will be perfect.

    Bad ass REZOUND!
  8. Droid Ninja
    nikecar's Avatar
    Member #
    207706
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,250
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiksc00p View Post
    Yes, the Otterbox screen protectors are terrible!!! Mine always looks oily and dull... Thats why on my Nexus I am getting a different protector!
    I disagree to a point. I have an invisible shield on and ipod and the otterbox protector that came with my commuter case. Both can get oily, but the otterbox one is so clear and smooth, you cannot even tell its on. The ipod protector is textured and it annoys me. It's already scratched, even with the claims it won't, and it feels like rubbery when I use the ipod. It was installed by an actual zaggs vendor that just does those.

    Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  9. Senior Droid
    Mondingo's Avatar
    Member #
    217487
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    135
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by nikecar View Post
    I disagree to a point. I have an invisible shield on and ipod and the otterbox protector that came with my commuter case. Both can get oily, but the otterbox one is so clear and smooth, you cannot even tell its on. The ipod protector is textured and it annoys me. It's already scratched, even with the claims it won't, and it feels like rubbery when I use the ipod. It was installed by an actual zaggs vendor that just does those.

    Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.
    I kind of like the rubbery feel. Mine looks amazing. But I do agree with some, the Otterbox screen is too oily. Take the phone out of the Otterbox and then you will see how much it takes away from the screen.

    Bad ass REZOUND!
  10. Junior Droid
    dbmcelroy's Avatar
    Member #
    238717
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #9
    Good that everyone is happy, I like Skinomi screen protector best myself. If you haven't read it yet see the speeed test that just got posted on phonearena, the rezound trounces the nexus and the razer too.! we all have the best of the big three.
    Phone Arena - Phone News, Reviews and Specs
  11. Senior Droid
    Mondingo's Avatar
    Member #
    217487
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    135
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by edansgrampa View Post
    Sorry for the 2nd follow up, but did you order just the screen coverage or the full body coverage from Zagg? Thanks.
    Just the screen coverage.

    Bad ass REZOUND!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Zagg Invisible Shield -- not sure I like it
    By wg0649 in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 08:45 AM
  2. Where to buy Zagg Invisible Shield
    By PhoneSter in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 09:45 AM
  3. Zagg Invisible Shield
    By reloaded.89 in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 11:25 AM
  4. Zagg Invisible Shield Screen Protector
    By dieselpowered in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 07:45 PM

Search tags for this page

invisible shield with otterbox defender
,

otterbox clear screen replacement

,
otterbox defender replacement screen protector
,
otterbox defender screen replacement
,
otterbox plastic screen replacement
,

otterbox plastic shield

,

otterbox plastic shield replacement

,
otterbox replacement screen
,
replacement screen for otterbox defender
,

zagg with otterbox defender

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+