DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Thin may be IN, but......

  1. Junior Droid
    scottd's Avatar
    Member #
    225685
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #11
    If the Bionic worked properly, it would still be my phone. With the extended battery, it is a sturdy phone and I like the thickness. I had a choice to switch to the Rezound or the RAZR and I chose the Rezound. The Thickness of the Rezound with the extended battery is the thickest of all of them but I still like the way it feels in my hand better. The Razr is thin but wide. To me, the RAZR is a designer phone that I can't change batteries if I forget to plug it in. I can always have a spare battery ready for my Rezound. The 720p screen isn't too bad either. I prefer thickness over width.
  2. Master Droid
    cp24eva's Avatar
    Member #
    220279
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    711
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    #12
    +1 scottd. I loved the bionic other than the bugs. The screen wasn't as great as I would hoped, but it was still a good screen. Just not as good as the rezound.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    My phone is now a part of my DNA.
  3. Junior Droid
    mikeg's Avatar
    Member #
    47231
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx!
    #13
    Not only don't I mind the thickness, I increased it with an extended battery!

    mikeg
  4. Junior Droid
    Byrnie's Avatar
    Member #
    241157
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
    Not only don't I mind the thickness, I increased it with an extended battery!

    mikeg
    I did the same and am loving it. It seems to sit better in my hand because of the extended battery case's shape.
  5. Super Moderator
    mountainbikermark's Avatar
    Member #
    114152
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,027
    Liked
    696 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    #15
    Before i bought mine i confirmed they had an extended battery in stock. I held the phone with it on there before agreeing to buy it.
    It fits my hand perfectly the way it is designed on the back, just like my Incredible 1

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
    Lenagainster likes this.
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  6. Master Droid
    Lenagainster's Avatar
    Member #
    97728
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    448
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #16
    Read another post on the Nexus forum about someone who cracked the screen in less than 24 hours. Did a search on "cracked" and came up with several comments:

    Hello! First time poster. Got My Nexus Friday after ordering Thursday morning. By mid-morning Saturday I had a cracked screen.


    I dropped a bracelet on my phone while it was in my lap and it cracked my screen (Razr)


    anyone's droid razr screen crack as easily as mine did?


    Gorilla Glass has been great on my OG droid and my Droid X, many a heart stopping drop, but never a scratch on the screen. I've had sides nicked up, but the screens have never shown any sign of damage....Unfortunatly, I can't say the same for the RAZR. It fell off my nightstand yesterday, small scratch on the top corner of frame, and a LARGE crack from about 6mm in on top, down to about the middle......


    I managed to break the Gorilla glass without even realizing it at first (Nexus)

    I really think there is a basic design flaw in the physical shape of the Nexus and Razr causing the glass to crack. First responders are getting the shaft, because the damage is not covered (fully) either by the manufacturer or insurance. It will take months or perhaps a class action suit to show there is a weakness in the design of those phones and not the users' fault.
    Last edited by Lenagainster; 12-24-2011 at 03:24 AM. Reason: typo
  7. Master Droid
    cp24eva's Avatar
    Member #
    220279
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    711
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenagainster View Post
    Read another post on the Nexus forum about someone who cracked the screen in less than 24 hours. Did a search on "cracked" and came up with several comments:

    Hello! First time poster. Got My Nexus Friday after ordering Thursday morning. By mid-morning Saturday I had a cracked screen.


    I dropped a bracelet on my phone while it was in my lap and it cracked my screen (Razr)


    anyone's droid razr screen crack as easily as mine did?


    Gorilla Glass has been great on my OG droid and my Droid X, many a heart stopping drop, but never a scratch on the screen. I've had sides nicked up, but the screens have never shown any sign of damage....Unfortunatly, I can't say the same for the RAZR. It fell off my nightstand yesterday, small scratch on the top corner of frame, and a LARGE crack from about 6mm in on top, down to about the middle......


    I managed to break the Gorilla glass without even realizing it at first (Nexus)

    I really thing there is a basic design flaw in the physical shape of the Nexus and Razr causing the glass to crack. First responders are getting the shaft, because the damage is not covered (fully) either by the manufacturer or insurance. It will take months or perhaps a class action suit to show there is a weakness in the design of those phones and not the users' fault.
    Most of all they need to stop being so careless with their new 600 dollar device. Lol. And they need to use protection. Most of all...the should just use a rezound. Lol. Theres my plug.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    My phone is now a part of my DNA.
  8. Master Droid
    skennelly's Avatar
    Member #
    131018
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    581
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    SCH-I535
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by droidtom View Post
    First time I've seen someone consider whether they can sit on a phone part of the decsion. I'm thinking it's not good to sit on any of them
    + 1. I wouldn't even sit on my old flip phones or nokia's. They're mostly plastic, I'm 170 lbs, do the math.

    ________________________
    Sent from my DROIDX X
  9. Master Droid
    smokiedabong's Avatar
    Member #
    19064
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    997
    Liked
    100 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenagainster View Post

    I really thing there is a basic design flaw in the physical shape of the Nexus and Razr causing the glass to crack. First responders are getting the shaft, because the damage is not covered (fully) either by the manufacturer or insurance. It will take months or perhaps a class action suit to show there is a weakness in the design of those phones and not the users' fault.
    Now that's just ridiculous, it's like asking for a Smart car to be as resistant as a Hummer in a crash and sue them cause they aren't. What did you expect, to have a fancy 7mm glass phone resistant as a Nokia 3310? Use some common sense, if you aren't careful with your phones buy a case or get a more rugged phone. It's not their fault that you drop your phones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Bionic Press Shots! Looks Relatively Thin To Me
    By Arkbird in forum Motorola Droid Bionic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-27-2011, 09:08 AM
  2. Thin, rugged case for the X
    By HayWire in forum Droid X Accessories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 10:42 AM
  3. Looking for a thin case
    By akj27 in forum Droid X Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 11:21 PM
  4. Thin Skin
    By Backnblack in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 09:02 PM
  5. Thin Grey Line
    By FNDelta in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 04:37 PM

Search tags for this page

do not put razr in back pocket
,

droid razr breaks easily

,
droid razr cracked screen
,
how hard is it to break the screen on a droid razor
,

htc rezound thickness

,
htc thunderbolt rezound thickness
,
nexus cracked screen
,
rezound nexus
,

rezound thickness

,
thin cover htc rezound
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+