DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Thin may be IN, but......

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    If the Bionic worked properly, it would still be my phone. With the extended battery, it is a sturdy phone and I like the thickness. I had a choice to switch to the Rezound or the RAZR and I chose the Rezound. The Thickness of the Rezound with the extended battery is the thickest of all of them but I still like the way it feels in my hand better. The Razr is thin but wide. To me, the RAZR is a designer phone that I can't change batteries if I forget to plug it in. I can always have a spare battery ready for my Rezound. The 720p screen isn't too bad either. I prefer thickness over width.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    +1 scottd. I loved the bionic other than the bugs. The screen wasn't as great as I would hoped, but it was still a good screen. Just not as good as the rezound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    My phone is now a part of my DNA.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx!
    Not only don't I mind the thickness, I increased it with an extended battery!

mikeg
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
    Not only don't I mind the thickness, I increased it with an extended battery!

mikeg
    I did the same and am loving it. It seems to sit better in my hand because of the extended battery case's shape.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    696 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Before i bought mine i confirmed they had an extended battery in stock. I held the phone with it on there before agreeing to buy it.
    It fits my hand perfectly the way it is designed on the back, just like my Incredible 1

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
    Lenagainster likes this.
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Read another post on the Nexus forum about someone who cracked the screen in less than 24 hours. Did a search on "cracked" and came up with several comments:

Hello! First time poster. Got My Nexus Friday after ordering Thursday morning. By mid-morning Saturday I had a cracked screen.

I dropped a bracelet on my phone while it was in my lap and it cracked my screen (Razr)

anyone's droid razr screen crack as easily as mine did?

Gorilla Glass has been great on my OG droid and my Droid X, many a heart stopping drop, but never a scratch on the screen. I've had sides nicked up, but the screens have never shown any sign of damage....Unfortunatly, I can't say the same for the RAZR. It fell off my nightstand yesterday, small scratch on the top corner of frame, and a LARGE crack from about 6mm in on top, down to about the middle......

I managed to break the Gorilla glass without even realizing it at first (Nexus)

I really think there is a basic design flaw in the physical shape of the Nexus and Razr causing the glass to crack. First responders are getting the shaft, because the damage is not covered (fully) either by the manufacturer or insurance. It will take months or perhaps a class action suit to show there is a weakness in the design of those phones and not the users' fault.
    Last edited by Lenagainster; 12-24-2011 at 03:24 AM. Reason: typo
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenagainster View Post
    Read another post on the Nexus forum about someone who cracked the screen in less than 24 hours. Did a search on "cracked" and came up with several comments:

Hello! First time poster. Got My Nexus Friday after ordering Thursday morning. By mid-morning Saturday I had a cracked screen.

I dropped a bracelet on my phone while it was in my lap and it cracked my screen (Razr)

anyone's droid razr screen crack as easily as mine did?

Gorilla Glass has been great on my OG droid and my Droid X, many a heart stopping drop, but never a scratch on the screen. I've had sides nicked up, but the screens have never shown any sign of damage....Unfortunatly, I can't say the same for the RAZR. It fell off my nightstand yesterday, small scratch on the top corner of frame, and a LARGE crack from about 6mm in on top, down to about the middle......

I managed to break the Gorilla glass without even realizing it at first (Nexus)

I really thing there is a basic design flaw in the physical shape of the Nexus and Razr causing the glass to crack. First responders are getting the shaft, because the damage is not covered (fully) either by the manufacturer or insurance. It will take months or perhaps a class action suit to show there is a weakness in the design of those phones and not the users' fault.
    Most of all they need to stop being so careless with their new 600 dollar device. Lol. And they need to use protection. Most of all...the should just use a rezound. Lol. Theres my plug.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    My phone is now a part of my DNA.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    SCH-I535
    Quote Originally Posted by droidtom View Post
    First time I've seen someone consider whether they can sit on a phone part of the decsion. I'm thinking it's not good to sit on any of them
    + 1. I wouldn't even sit on my old flip phones or nokia's. They're mostly plastic, I'm 170 lbs, do the math.

Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenagainster View Post

I really thing there is a basic design flaw in the physical shape of the Nexus and Razr causing the glass to crack. First responders are getting the shaft, because the damage is not covered (fully) either by the manufacturer or insurance. It will take months or perhaps a class action suit to show there is a weakness in the design of those phones and not the users' fault.
    Now that's just ridiculous, it's like asking for a Smart car to be as resistant as a Hummer in a crash and sue them cause they aren't. What did you expect, to have a fancy 7mm glass phone resistant as a Nokia 3310? Use some common sense, if you aren't careful with your phones buy a case or get a more rugged phone. It's not their fault that you drop your phones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links