DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Boot Nightmare

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound

Boot Nightmare

My HTC rezound said I have no signal last night so I restarted it via pushing the on/off switch and pressing restart. When the phone tries to boot up right when it is about to flash the 4G loading screen it freezes, turns black and restarts again. It never actually boots up. I have tried pulling the battery. I took it to the verizon store and the store manager said I was trying to root my phone and I caused it. But i have never tried to root my phone. He tried doing factory reset when you hold the power and the down button, still stops at the 4G loading screen then starts the booting over again. Anyone have any suggestions? Now im stuck without a phone!!
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    @KNOCKSIncOnDeck
    Phone
    DROID 1/X,TBolt, RAZR, Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVM View Post
    My HTC rezound said I have no signal last night so I restarted it via pushing the on/off switch and pressing restart. When the phone tries to boot up right when it is about to flash the 4G loading screen it freezes, turns black and restarts again. It never actually boots up. I have tried pulling the battery. I took it to the verizon store and the store manager said I was trying to root my phone and I caused it. But i have never tried to root my phone. He tried doing factory reset when you hold the power and the down button, still stops at the 4G loading screen then starts the booting over again. Anyone have any suggestions? Now im stuck without a phone!!
    There is a solution here... Before following the instructions, make sure you remove your SIM card...

Rezound Stuck in Boot Loop Rezound Rocks the Red n Black... Get over it... Now to get this thing rooted
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    I cant dial those number because I cannot get it to start up to that point. I cant get past the 4G load screen
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I had that same problem with one of my rezounds...had to just get it replaced, at the point it was doing that even a factory reset wouldn't work, it was something messed up down to the core system files I think.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    My wife's phone did the same thing but a manual factory reset solved the problem. Didn't have to take any sin cards out. Just took the battery out and did manual power button and volume rocker down. I suggest U go to a different verizon store if that doesn't work. Verizon rep has no proof U tried rooting your phone. I
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    I tried the power down button and power still doesnt work. Arg this will be my 3rd rezound. My first one power button was jammed and the screen would turn on randomly and drain my battery. I love the phone but I have the worst luck in the world. I am going to call verizon from work tomorrow but sadly doesnt change being without a phone until who knows how long until they ship me one
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    @KNOCKSIncOnDeck
    Phone
    DROID 1/X,TBolt, RAZR, Rezound
    You MUST remove your SIM card before trying the fix... I had the same issue...

My Rezound Rocks the Red n Black... Get over it... Now to get this thing rooted
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    Tried it with sim card removed. Any other recommendations?
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Tried it with sim card removed. Any other recommendations?
    Yes take it back to another Verizon Wireless and get a replacement.
  10. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Shut off fast boot also in settings.

Links