DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should upgrade to Rezound now or wait until quad-core NVidia Tegra 3-powered device?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Should upgrade to Rezound now or wait until quad-core NVidia Tegra 3-powered device?

Hi,

I am still with my long-trusted rooted Droid with 2.3.7 Bugless for the last 2 years and became eligible for an upgrade from Verizon recently. I like Droid overall, it does all I need, but internet is pretty slow for video and some apps crash and take time to load, GPS is buggy sometimes and the phone gets pretty hot when using it for internet or GPS. Sounds like it is time for an upgrade for $229 and give another 2 years of loyalty to Verizon.

Based on my research the Rezound sounds like the best device on the market at the moment - HD screen, 4LTE, Beats, dual CPU power, etc... well, at least for me it sounds like the best one.
    Of course, the next year promises quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 smartphones that will definitely surpass Rezound but when exactly they will be released... who knows, next quarter, next summer?

One of the concerns about Rezound is the battery life. The Tegra 3 promises to run 8-10 hours of video which really sounds phenomenal. I just got a couple of 3450 mAh batteries for my Droid but did not really notice

Main question - should I upgrade to Rezound immediately or wait for a newer and better device next year? Any suggestions? Thanks!
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    Quote Originally Posted by lucidreamer View Post
    Hi,

I am still with my long-trusted rooted Droid with 2.3.7 Bugless for the last 2 years and became eligible for an upgrade from Verizon recently. I like Droid overall, it does all I need, but internet is pretty slow for video and some apps crash and take time to load, GPS is buggy sometimes and the phone gets pretty hot when using it for internet or GPS. Sounds like it is time for an upgrade for $229 and give another 2 years of loyalty to Verizon.

Based on my research the Rezound sounds like the best device on the market at the moment - HD screen, 4LTE, Beats, dual CPU power, etc... well, at least for me it sounds like the best one.
    Of course, the next year promises quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 smartphones that will definitely surpass Rezound but when exactly they will be released... who knows, next quarter, next summer?

One of the concerns about Rezound is the battery life. The Tegra 3 promises to run 8-10 hours of video which really sounds phenomenal. I just got a couple of 3450 mAh batteries for my Droid but did not really notice

Main question - should I upgrade to Rezound immediately or wait for a newer and better device next year? Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Upgrade now the rezound will be a HUGE upgrade from ur current phone... Look when the quad core come out who knows when then there will be talk of the next big thing then what... Will u wait more??? Look at it like this ur gonna get top of the line right now when them quad core comes out ull be 1 year into ur contract pretty much then u can get the greatest thing the following year.. the way the phone industry is if u wait for something u will always hear something better is coming out!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by lucidreamer View Post
    Hi,

I ..... became eligible for an upgrade from Verizon recently. ... Sounds like it is time for an upgrade for $229 and give another 2 years of loyalty to Verizon. ...Based on my research the Rezound sounds like the best device on the market at the moment
    - should I upgrade to Rezound immediately or wait for a newer and better device next year? Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Here's the way I look at upgrades. I'm not about to jump ship on Verizon, so it doesn't matter to me if I'm under contract or not. As a matter of fact, being under contract assures me that I can keep the plan and prices I got; they can't up my costs, but will allow me to lower them if a better deal comes along. So the upgrade allows me to buy a phone with about a $660 retail price for $300. That's a credit of $18 per month towards a new phone (every 20 months). But once I pass my eligibility date for an upgrade, I don't get any more "credit" each month. So I take advantage of the upgrade ASAP. It also allows me to have a 20 month old phone handy as a backup, rather than a three year or older phone lying around as a fill-in, in case disaster strikes my current phone.
    My advice would be to go for the Rezound now. And your research is right; the Rezound is the best device on the market at the moment.
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    340 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member
    ICS is gonna be the first version of Android that will be dual core optimized. Who knows how far out quad core optimization is. Just food for thought.

Tap'd from my Bionic
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thanks a lot, everyone, appreciate all your feedback and suggestions. Sounds like upgrading now may be a better choice overall.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    It's just me but if your phone is working fine with very little issue I would wait for the quad. If u do the upgrade now and a quad phone does come out early next year you will be right back in the forum wondering why you upgraded so soon and why Verizon won't let you upgrade now.. I see it all the time in this forum. if I was you I would wait for the quads to come out. But that just me.

7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    So far i have yet to find someone happy with rezound. I just bought a bolt, but my first purchase went south because he didnt want to sell it after two days with rezound

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallsie11 View Post
    So far i have yet to find someone happy with rezound. I just bought a bolt, but my first purchase went south because he didnt want to sell it after two days with rezound

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Tons of people are happy with there rezound what r u talkin about?

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallsie11 View Post
    So far i have yet to find someone happy with rezound.
    So what are they happy with, iPhone?
    Last edited by lucidreamer; 12-09-2011 at 06:40 PM.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by hallsie11 View Post
    so far i have yet to find someone happy with rezound.

Sent from my adr6400l using tapatalk
    You found me!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links