Having trouble following the directions provided by HTC Mobile Phone Support. I would like to trim down a song and use it as a ringtone for a specific contact. I copied the entire song from my computer to the Rezound. Then I followed the directions provided by HTC below:
How do I trim an MP3 ringtone? closeThe Music application has a built-in ringtone trimmer. You can trim an MP3 song and set a part of it as your ringtone:
I play the song, so I am in the "Now playing" screen.
- On the Now playing screen of the Music application, press the Menu button.
- Tap More.
- Tap Set as ringtone.
- Tap Trim the ringtone.
- Use the onscreen controls to trim your ringtone:
- Drag the two trim sliders to the approximate start and end points of the ringtone.
- Tap the left and right arrow buttons to more precisely set the start and end points.
- The markers show the start and end times of the ringtone.
- After you’ve finished trimming, tap Set as.
- Then choose whether to set the trimmed song as your Phone ringtone or a Contact ringtone.
I hit "Menu", then "More" and select "Set as ringtone"
I only get the option to make it a ringtone for the phone or a contact.
I cannot find anywhere the option to "Trim the ringtone".
Any ideas what is wrong.
Thanks for your help.