DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How come that the Rezound isn't getting any love?

1. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shortie43506 View Post
    Hi,

I understand the issues you are experiencing. I am sorry for the trouble you are having with your Rezound and our service. I will do everything in my power to try and help you. Unfortunately, I have guidelines I must follow--which is why I was unable to replace your phone without being able to duplicate the issue. Give me some time to consult with my manager and I will get back with you with a possible resolution.

As far as trading for the RAZR, you may definitely swap it out for it with the $35 restocking fee, while you are within your 14 days. If you prefer the Rezound, I will find out more for you and get back with you soon with what my manager decides.

Thanks,

Jonathan Hoover

That was my response from the second store on day 13 after they denied my replacement i emailed the Rep . I really hate Verizon

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    Take everything you have (emails whatever) to Verizon, and tell them that they need to exchange your phone. Don't take no for an answer.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I am just having no luck with any Verizon people. I paid $249 for a phone, the guy who activated it tried opening the back beside the groove so the plastic there was messed up by his nail and the charging port had a nick from day 1. I called Verizon customer service with a problem missing calls and she told me to take it in and get it replaced. I went to Verizon store phone was purchased from and told them what customer service said and he told me they just tell you that to get you in the store. That guy should lose his job.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    It's completely software based. Beats is processing the sound. You can get beats audio with non beats headphones. The headphones are considered above average by some, sub-par by others. The Beats libraries were released for download by 3rd parties a week ago so you should see Beats support pop up in other applications.
    There is a secondary processor that handles the beats calculations. Some internal hardware does indead exist... however insignificant it may be... So roms and apps for other phones that claim adding beats is not really true. But yes... its more a gimmick than anything. The secondary processor is doing the EQ calculations and taking a tiny load off of the main CPU. This really doesn't do anything except protect you from some choppy sound when loading apps (TB users experienced this w/DSP) and it drains the battery faster and makes the phone a bit warmer.
    Last edited by gallows; 12-08-2011 at 01:40 PM.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by gallows View Post
    There is a secondary processor that handles the beats calculations. Some internal hardware does indead exist... however insignificant it may be... So roms and apps for other phones that claim adding beats is not really true. But yes... its more a gimmick than anything. The secondary processor is doing the EQ calculations and taking a tiny load off of the main CPU. This really doesn't do anything except protect you from some choppy sound when loading apps (much like the TB did w/DSP) and it drains the battery faster and makes the phone a bit warmer.
    If thats a battery drain then i want it off! I dabble in sounds tweaking at home and can get a custom tailored sound myself. And I will already have the ibeats that came with the phone (I owned beats already, but the over-ear type) I guess the main way of passively disabling beats it to simply not use the native music app and use something else.
    My phone is now a part of my DNA.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Any time you have an extra process going it is going to use more battery. If you were to install DSP to the phone and use it the main CPU would do 100 percent of the processing and, yes, use more battery. You'd probably be better off just letting the secondary internal hardware do beats processing if you wanted to save battery but still have some sort of augmented sound.

But I'm not trying to get into which is better DSP or Beats. That's a personal preference issue that will never be won. I just wanted to point out that he was incorrect earlier in saying that it is entirely software based. It is not. There is indead some "beats optimized internal hardware" that does some extra processing of the audio to take a small bit of burden off the main cpu.

The extra battery drain isn't very significant. You'll just notice it showing up in your battery usage graph.

But beats can be turned on and off at will when using the stock music crapp. (yeah I said that) Pull down your notification bar and see.
    Last edited by gallows; 12-08-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Links