DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How come that the Rezound isn't getting any love?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    it's a shame that the phone that is not even out yet (G-Nexus) has more buzz in it's forum than the Rezound, a proven great phone for the most part. Is it A.) The HTC brand B.) The Dre beats brand or C.) Overshadowed by Motorola Branding and flooding of motorola CIA like commercials?
    My phone is now a part of my DNA.
  2. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cp24eva View Post
    it's a shame that the phone that is not even out yet (G-Nexus) has more buzz in it's forum than the Rezound, a proven great phone for the most part. Is it A.) The HTC brand B.) The Dre beats brand or C.) Overshadowed by Motorola Branding and flooding of motorola CIA like commercials?
    I don't think it's overshadowed by anything other than Verizon. Announced on a Friday(right behind the RAZR launch), sold on a monday with almost nothing but a "Hey, we're selling this phone". I was in the store when the RAZR came out...packed. In the store when the Rezound came out....like 3 people were there and I think they were getting a RAZR. Verizon's best friend is Moto and as long as that continues nobody will garner the Verizon backed advertising that Moto does.

Case in point. How many Attrix(Moto phone different carrier) commercials do you remember? How many Samsung Droid Charge(Verizon Samsung phone) billboards did you see? Even the iPhone suffers from Verizon's pact with the devil(I actually do like moto phones). And now poor Sammy and HTC have to make their own commercials.. Foreign companies making American commercials??? Never ends well haha
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    I don't think it's overshadowed by anything other than Verizon. Announced on a Friday(right behind the RAZR launch), sold on a monday with almost nothing but a "Hey, we're selling this phone". I was in the store when the RAZR came out...packed. In the store when the Rezound came out....like 3 people were there and I think they were getting a RAZR. Verizon's best friend is Moto and as long as that continues nobody will garner the Verizon backed advertising that Moto does.

Case in point. How many Attrix(Moto phone different carrier) commercials do you remember? How many Samsung Droid Charge(Verizon Samsung phone) billboards did you see? Even the iPhone suffers from Verizon's pact with the devil(I actually do like moto phones). And now poor Sammy and HTC have to make their own commercials.. Foreign companies making American commercials??? Never ends well haha
    Dang, i never thought of it that way and you do make a great point. I wonder if HTC and Samsung would get the attention and money that Moto does, then they'd make better products. Not that they don't already make great ones. But they'd come out with less snags I believe. And they might have the resources or time to come up with some real innovation.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    correct me if I'm wrong please no pun intended. but im talking to the technical side of the house... there is no hardware related basis to the beats experience. it is software and headset based.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I originally had a Rezound and loved it. I had some problems and wanted to replace it (within my 14 day period) and even offered to pay the $35 replacement fee because i wanted the Rezound. They wouldn't allow me to get a new Rezound, but let me pay $35 to get the Razr. I just wanted a phone that hadn't been played with like my original Rezound had been and Verizon refused. The Verizon employee who activated my Rezound left scratches on my phone and they wouldn't allow me to get a replacement in my 14 trial. Im honestly considering switching carriers...there are some that will buy out your contract. Verizon is horrible.

Love for the Rezound!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid
    If he scratched it then they need to replace it. Talk to the manager and let them know they can and will be billed for the repair costs. There is no reason you shouldn't get a brand new uncsratched phone. A scratch on a HD screen is easily noticable.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I went to 2 different stores and called customer service who just called the store i bought the phone from and he got the manager on the phone and he was just cocky.

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by shortie43506 View Post
    I originally had a Rezound and loved it. I had some problems and wanted to replace it (within my 14 day period) and even offered to pay the $35 replacement fee because i wanted the Rezound. They wouldn't allow me to get a new Rezound, but let me pay $35 to get the Razr. I just wanted a phone that hadn't been played with like my original Rezound had been and Verizon refused. The Verizon employee who activated my Rezound left scratches on my phone and they wouldn't allow me to get a replacement in my 14 trial. Im honestly considering switching carriers...there are some that will buy out your contract. Verizon is horrible.

Love for the Rezound!!
    Dude, this sounds like a job for the BBB (Better Business Bureau) This sounds like you have been wronged when you were right. Please don't let this slide. I hate companies getting over on folks. and they wouldn't let you pay the 35 bucks for the Rezound? Just another example of Moto in bed with Verizon (IMO) The BBB is like the Johnny Cochran and Rosenhaus of the consumer world. They've handled a few of my verizon screw ups
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Hi,

I understand the issues you are experiencing. I am sorry for the trouble you are having with your Rezound and our service. I will do everything in my power to try and help you. Unfortunately, I have guidelines I must follow--which is why I was unable to replace your phone without being able to duplicate the issue. Give me some time to consult with my manager and I will get back with you with a possible resolution.

As far as trading for the RAZR, you may definitely swap it out for it with the $35 restocking fee, while you are within your 14 days. If you prefer the Rezound, I will find out more for you and get back with you soon with what my manager decides.

Thanks,

Jonathan Hoover

That was my response from the second store on day 13 after they denied my replacement i emailed the Rep . I really hate Verizon

10. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyteravyn View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong please no pun intended. but im talking to the technical side of the house... there is no hardware related basis to the beats experience. it is software and headset based.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    It's completely software based. Beats is processing the sound. You can get beats audio with non beats headphones. The headphones are considered above average by some, sub-par by others. The Beats libraries were released for download by 3rd parties a week ago so you should see Beats support pop up in other applications.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links