DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Is the Rezound a major step coming from a TB???

1. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    THE_Yakitori
    Phone
    TBolt, D1
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    Keep it cool guys - it's Thanksgiving after all!

The lag is not a "vapor" issue, it exists. I can replicate it on mine, and I'll try and get a video of it tonight. It's nothing horrible, but at times noticeable - I'm 90% sure it's an issue with memory mgmt.
    Thank you I look forward to it! Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA

The lag is not a "vapor" issue, it exists. I can replicate it on mine, and I'll try and get a video of it tonight. It's nothing horrible, but at times noticeable - I'm 90% sure it's an issue with memory mgmt.
    With all due respect, once I see the video I'll reevaluate my position, but until then it is most certainly a vapor issue.
    Droid DNA, Nexus 7
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by yakitori View Post
    What are you not understanding? Have you ever decompiled an app.

I played with it enough. What makes you think that hours spent on the phone make an opinion any more credible. You do realize that most of these public reviews people watch from droidlife or Joe schmoe. Com are with minimal use of the phone right?

HTC has done nothing innovative with any of their phones. I've used sense 3.5...I've used plenty if roms sense including stock. And its my personal preference and experience it is laggy and I don't like it...period. what are you trying to accomplish by contuing to post? You think somehow that the amount of time I spent with the phone isn't enough to form an opinion.

Seriously? I've ridden motorcycle and raced them for a few years. I ride a 750 gixxer....by your logic I would be in no position to pass judgement on a new Cbr 1000 because I haven't spent a lot of hours in the seat of one? Your logic is flawed and elementary at best

I am not failing to understand anything. And what could me de-compiling an app possibly have to do with it? And no, I've never de-compiled an app. But neither am I a noob, I've been a Linux enthusiast for years, a computer enthusiast for longer than that.

I've have spent hours using the Rezound in IRL, and I have never seen any lag. Not even a little.

You claim to have seen this lag. But you haven't bought the phone, have no intention of buying the phone, refuse to say how much time you've spent evaluating the phone, and the vast majority of the comments you've made about the phone have been disparaging.
    Droid DNA, Nexus 7
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    +1 on this. Let's stop the bickering. Happy Thanksgiving

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

5. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    Im a cell phone junkie as most here are. I have several lines so I am always trying to put the next new best thing on em. I have or have had most all of em. I just wish I didn't have to pay the bill. Lol. I'm a big moto fan, so I'm not being biased by saying the Rezound is the best running android phone out of the box that I have or had hands down. One thing I have noticed that I haven't on my other phones, is each day that I have had mine since the 14th it seems to be settling in more and operating smoother etc. With that said lag or not no need to argue about it, enjoy it. Remember what we were using a year ago or two years ago? Besides I have been hearing about a lot of lag and chopiness with the vanilla Gnex. They say best not use the live walls with the GNex. Lol.

Lets eat some TURKEY!
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I have also noticed some lag on my Rezound but nothing significant to complain about. When I noticed it, I checked task manager and there were quite a few apps running that were taking up a significant amount of memory. I cleared them and it mostly went away. Even with this, the Rezound is the best phone I have ever owned hands down. Sure beats a crapple :-)
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Sorry I haven't had much of a chance to try and video... but honestly it's been harder to recreate than I thought. Like Nehtor said, it's not a game changer. I also think that maybe there is something weird going on with the animations on the phone - it's almost like the FPS isn't up to par at times... not slowed down, just kinda "stuttery" (nice word, I know...). Makes it feel laggier at times than it is...
    jroc likes this.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Sorry I haven't had much of a chance to try and video... but honestly it's been harder to recreate than I thought. Like Nehtor said, it's not a game changer. I also think that maybe there is something weird going on with the animations on the phone - it's almost like the FPS isn't up to par at times... not slowed down, just kinda "stuttery" (nice word, I know...). Makes it feel laggier at times than it is...
    That kind of thing will happen on ANYTHING. My bionic does it sometimes, my laptop does it, heck even my 3.4GHZ quad core with 6GB of ram at work stutters on occasion, granted, I have to be very very very busy to make it happen, but it still can happen. As others have said... remember your D1, DX, D2 or other equiv device? LAG??? Screen Redraws?! .. what were we arguing about again? LMAO. There will be debates about who can make the EDGE stutter when it comes out too, guarantee it
    krnndug and jroc like this.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingTiger03 View Post
    That kind of thing will happen on ANYTHING. My bionic does it sometimes, my laptop does it, heck even my 3.4GHZ quad core with 6GB of ram at work stutters on occasion, granted, I have to be very very very busy to make it happen, but it still can happen. As others have said... remember your D1, DX, D2 or other equiv device? LAG??? Screen Redraws?! .. what were we arguing about again? LMAO. There will be debates about who can make the EDGE stutter when it comes out too, guarantee it
    You are 200% right. It just feels like the animations themselves are designed a little off, it's weird and hard to explain, but I think it's giving the false impression of lag. Maybe it's the animations moving across the hd screen, I don't really know.

Again it's NOT a big deal and the phone runs great. I've thought about temp-rooting to try changing the system animations using jrummy's Anim Mod app, but haven't messed with it yet.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  10. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    THE_Yakitori
    Phone
    TBolt, D1
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Keep in mind that changes framework animations. I believe the ones that are slow are not the android framework but rather htcresources.apk (which is like almost 20mb apk iirc from theming it) and Rosie. Animod doesn't touch those.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Links