DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SD CARD Encrypting issues?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    I've no problems with my exchange email account. Has to be the specific server settings/demands.

Sent from my rezound using DroidForums
    Freedom without Restraint is a certain pathway to Disaster.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I have spoken to my colleagues and this is not an issue with their other HTC phones or iPhone so our enterprise accounts are not the only thing to blame. It is only the Rezound so far. Don't know anyone with the Razr in the office. I did do the work around and took a picture before connecting to enterprise but that stopped working. Also connected to enterprise first and it seemed to work for a bit but then stopped. This issue doesn't seem to affect my music. Music moved over fine through VCast. I had to wipe it once for the SD card but it's been fine since. It's just saving photos and downloading and opening internet files. I tried to change settings to save photos to phone memory but will only save to SD card. Would hate to have to downgrade to a thunderbolt or iPhone like my colleagues to have the ability to take pictures and save files. . . .
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Quote Originally Posted by jomama313 View Post
    I have spoken to my colleagues and this is not an issue with their other HTC phones or iPhone so our enterprise accounts are not the only thing to blame. It is only the Rezound so far. Don't know anyone with the Razr in the office. I did do the work around and took a picture before connecting to enterprise but that stopped working. Also connected to enterprise first and it seemed to work for a bit but then stopped. This issue doesn't seem to affect my music. Music moved over fine through VCast. I had to wipe it once for the SD card but it's been fine since. It's just saving photos and downloading and opening internet files. I tried to change settings to save photos to phone memory but will only save to SD card. Would hate to have to downgrade to a thunderbolt or iPhone like my colleagues to have the ability to take pictures and save files. . . .
    The iPhones and other HTC phones do not support the new encryption specs, so they won't have the issue. The Rezound and Razr, do.

You can transfer files via email, or through VCast and they will be fine on your PC. But transfer them through the USB cable and they will be encrypted and not readable.

I was able to get around this by explaining what was going on to my LAN Admin, and explaining that most of the reasons for having this kind of phone get wiped out and restricted if I have to encrypt the device. They probably won't make an exception to the policy for you, but they may do what my guy did, which was go into the server's settings and take any incoming emails and forward them automatically to another email address that I could get on my phone that doesn't require encryption. I have two work email accounts on 2 different servers, one required encryption and the other did not, so everything gets forwarded to the second account.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    In order to use the save to phone option in the camera app you need to wipe the phone storage. So the smartest thing to do is set up your gmail after you get the enterprise email set up. I had the Razr, and didn't have to encrypt my sd card like I have to with the rezound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I'm experiencing the same issue syncing with Exchange 2010 SP1. My Rezound says a policy on the server requires the SD card to be encrypted however the ActiveSync Device Policy on the server does not require encryption (I'm the Exchange admin.) I'm guessing this is a bug?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    It has to a be a bug. Since this morning After removing my exchange account, removing encryption, rebooting, reformatting the card , rebooting and re adding my exchange account i havent gotten the notification to encrypt the card. I asked the admin here and our server does not require it either.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I just submitted a support ticket with HTC. I've never had to deal with mobile phone support. I'll post back what I find.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    so i actually had my admin check and encryption was enabled. So he removed all my phones associated to my account, i re added the exchange account and it worked for one day. I now have that message telling me to encrypt my sd card. Has HTC gotten back to you yet Bill?
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by kheenmachine View Post
    It has to a be a bug. Since this morning After removing my exchange account, removing encryption, rebooting, reformatting the card , rebooting and re adding my exchange account i havent gotten the notification to encrypt the card. I asked the admin here and our server does not require it either.
    My boss showed me that 'require encryption' was not enabled, but I'm having the same problem as well. Sounds like a bug to me..
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    so i called in to report and they kept telling me to hard reset which i have done and doesnt work. I then asked if anyone has called in about this issue and they said no. So they obviously ignoring this or totally incapable.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links