DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: I'm sorry people...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Droid Charge
    How's it feel. We wanted to get the ReZound but it was too new to get it as a replacement for the Droid Charge? I know that the Nexus is coming but I like having a removable sd card. How's the speed and the screen too?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicwedgie View Post
    I love how Nexus fans claim we got suckered when it's them falling for all the hype. I've done my research and picked the Rezound because neither the Nexus or Razr fit my needs or likes.

Besides, I've had two Samsung phones and have hated them both with a passion.
    Ditto!!! Did a bunch of research and dislike the look and lack of being able to remove the battery on the razr. I also have never met someone who has not had a faulty Samsung phone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelv View Post
    Just came back from Verizon. My girl needed a new phone. We tested the Rezound, Bionic and Razr. All seemed great. Honestly though Sense has become a little laggy. The two motos were real time faster than the Rezound. We decided that the razr was the best all around (except for non removable) but only time will tell. They all had their good points. Screen can't be beat on the Rezound and the red soft keys are sweet. It seems like moto has learned their lesson and has slimmed their overlay down.Sent from my Inc2
    I have read this on several reviews. I think it has come down to just how much "skin" is being put overtop of Android. Lucky for you though, you probably did research and realized that the Incredible 2 is a MUCH better phone than the Thunderbolt, regardless of 4G/3G. The Incredible 2 is the only HTC phone I would purchase at this point.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl23 View Post
    How's it feel. We wanted to get the ReZound but it was too new to get it as a replacement for the Droid Charge? I know that the Nexus is coming but I like having a removable sd card. How's the speed and the screen too?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    The Rezound is nice. Screen can't be beat, but the razrs screen comes in a close second if you ask me. Camera sucks on the razr but is nice on the Rezound. There is almost no lag on the razr where there is definitely some on the Rezound...but it is by no means a slow phone. Adw launcher would probably run better than sense 3.5 on the Rezound IMO. Both great phones was a very hard decision for my girlfriend. She was able to get a lower price on the razr and it ran smoother than the Rezound so she go that.

This is what I take away from it. The Rezound has a good camera, the best screen, a little thick but feels nice in hand. Has removable battery. Its fast but lags at certain areas in the sense interface...which is weird because Sense was known for no lag before Sense 3.5.

Razr. Good screen. No lag. Faster. Bad camera (prolly due to poor software). Slips out of hands alot but will be good with a rubberized case.

Sent from my Inc2
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I just didn't like the way the Razr felt in my hand. Not a fan of the corners. I HAVE to have a replaceable battery or I might have lived with that issue. As you said though... the Rezound feels nice in the hand. I have big hands and need something with a little bulk to it. I got the only case they had which is a thick silicon case but as soon as someone makes a clear armor skin for it I'll use that.

I installed Go Launcher (as I always do) the minute I got the phone and it's smooth as silk. I see zero lag like I had on my Samsung Charge. That phone is a dog but that's for another thread.

OG Droid->Incredible->Droid X->Incredible->Incredible 2->Incredible->Samsung Charge->HTC Rezound
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by patmw123 View Post
    I have read this on several reviews. I think it has come down to just how much "skin" is being put overtop of Android. Lucky for you though, you probably did research and realized that the Incredible 2 is a MUCH better phone than the Thunderbolt, regardless of 4G/3G. The Incredible 2 is the only HTC phone I would purchase at this point.
    Yea I love the inc2 it runs like a champ and its dependable. I needed a dependable phone after owning a horrible Samsung fascinate. Android really needs to have more checks and balance so some of these phones aren't released with so many issues.

Sent from my Inc2
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I just didn't like the way the Razr felt in my hand. Not a fan of the corners. I HAVE to have a replaceable battery or I might have lived with that issue. As you said though... the Rezound feels nice in the hand. I have big hands and need something with a little bulk to it. I got the only case they had which is a thick silicon case but as soon as someone makes a clear armor skin for it I'll use that.

I installed Go Launcher (as I always do) the minute I got the phone and it's smooth as silk. I see zero lag like I had on my Samsung Charge. That phone is a dog but that's for another thread.
    Yea I am sure the Rezound is super fast without sense 3.5. Its weird though cuz sense 3.5 runs fine on my inc2, although I am running an optimized debloated version via a rom. Rezound will be better with root.

Sent from my Inc2
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelv View Post
    Yea I am sure the Rezound is super fast without sense 3.5. Its weird though cuz sense 3.5 runs fine on my inc2, although I am running an optimized debloated version via a rom. Rezound will be better with root.
    Do you really like the Dinc2? My only issue with it was the call quality seemed really poor, especially the speaker phone. I tried the Rezound in-store and could instantly hear an improvement over the Dinc2. The Rezound feels so much like a Dinc2 anyway.

OG Droid->Incredible->Droid X->Incredible->Incredible 2->Incredible->Samsung Charge->HTC Rezound
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Dinc2 was always great on call/speaker volume (and clarity) for me. I've always thought it's the best 3G-only phone on the market, gets the best battery life of any I've seen/had as well. Heck, with the 4G data issues, it might even be the best phone period... but obviously it's specs are now "old".
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Do you really like the Dinc2? My only issue with it was the call quality seemed really poor, especially the speaker phone. I tried the Rezound in-store and could instantly hear an improvement over the Dinc2. The Rezound feels so much like a Dinc2 anyway.
    The Inc2 is a solid phone IMO. Call quality is perfect on mine, but a little quiet at times on speaker. The speaker is also quiet when it comes to playing music. The speaker is a downside to the phone. No 4g is also kind of a downside to the Inc2 too. Other than that I can't say anything really bad about the Inc2. Camera, GPS, build, software, speed, etc. are all great on the Inc2.

The Rezound does carry a lot of the same great features that HTC got right on the Inc2. Like the great camera and build quality. I wish I had more time to mess with it in store so I could throw ADW Ex on it instead of Sense 3.5, and test the sound on it more. I am going to have to go back to Verizon and mess with the Rezound a bit more.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Links