DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: HTC Rezound will not have Gorilla Glass

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Gorilla Glass is nothing but a brand put out by Corning.

It is not the "end all" of chemically hardened glass, not by a long shot.

I'm getting so sick of hearing about "Gorilla Glass", it is nothing new OR special. If you do not believe me, take a sheet of sandpaper to your Gorilla Glass screen, and then tell me how awesome Gorilla Glass is. Your screen will be a scratched unreadable mess, just like any other hardened glass product.

Too bad phone manufacturers have to look for every little "feature" they can market. If not for marketing, no one would know what "Gorilla Glass" even is
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    3 original Droids
    Premium Member
    I'm getting my Rezound this thursday, how is the glass? I don't use protectors but am extremely careful with how and where I put my phones. I always and only put it in my left pocket with nothing else in it. Will it hold up to light wear and tear?
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *22899 View Post
    I'm getting my Rezound this thursday, how is the glass? I don't use protectors but am extremely careful with how and where I put my phones. I always and only put it in my left pocket with nothing else in it. Will it hold up to light wear and tear?
    So far it's been good but I've been uber careful. Zagg has been out of stock, and I always use them, so I've got nothing...
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    I'm pretty hard on phones. My hands got all F-up in iraq so I almost constantly drop my phones. Much to my absolute horror, my rezound landed face down on the asphalt and i see not one scratch....
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    Just order two ZAGG protectors yesterday. They had a cyber monday special. Got mine two for one!
    My phone is now a part of my DNA.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by cp24eva View Post
    Just order two ZAGG protectors yesterday. They had a cyber monday special. Got mine two for one!
    Ok, this will be my final post on this subject. The glass used on the Rezound is some kind of fortified glass. It also is super smooth and your fingers glide accross the screen. I can only explain it as if you were gliding on ice, I put on a clear screen protector and the display did not degrade in quality one bit but the screen protector does not have that same silk like smoothness and if you are trying to play a game and need to keep in contact with the screen your fingers will get stopped at times as it is not as smooth as the glass. I am going sans screen protector as this glass is like any other glass I have had on my prior 8 phones and not one of them ever got a scratch on them and I never used screen protectors. The phone is built well enough to withstand day to day use. If you feel.better using and replacing screen protectors it is a personal choice. There is no feel better than the actual glass and whatever coating was used to make this display rock and glide and roll...Peace...You have to love this phone!!!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by luckybadback View Post
    I put on a clear screen protector and the display did not degrade in quality one bit but the screen protector does not have that same silk like smoothness
    Exactly why I never use a screen protector.

OG Droid->Incredible->Droid X->Incredible->Incredible 2->Incredible->Samsung Charge->HTC Rezound
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    Quote Originally Posted by *22899 View Post
    When u get it take it out get a nice key or something and try to scratch the screen and end this debate for everyone then after IT DOES NOT SCRATCH post back and have a good night lol..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by kparks View Post
    When u get it take it out get a nice key or something and try to scratch the screen and end this debate for everyone then after IT DOES NOT SCRATCH post back and have a good night lol..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    I dropped my rezound face down on my very rocky aged asphalt driveway.... I've got some scratches on the plastic, the screen is still smooth and blemish free. Now this is hardly "proof" that it is like gorilla glass because I've dropped previous devices that had gorilla glass and they've come back looking all messed up. But anecdotal evidence can't really be considered solid fact... so take my claims with a grain of salt. There are a lot of factors when it comes to scratching a screen. I'm just saying, based off my own experience the glass is pretty hardy.

I cringe at the thought of purposely taking a key to the screen tho.... Good luck convincing anyone to do that to this precious gem of a phone.
    Last edited by gallows; 12-04-2011 at 05:33 PM.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by gallows View Post
    I dropped my rezound face down on my very rocky aged asphalt driveway.... I've got some scratches on the plastic, the screen is still smooth and blemish free. Now this is hardly "proof" that it is like gorilla glass because I've dropped previous devices that had gorilla glass and they've come back looking all messed up. But anecdotal evidence can't really be considered solid fact... so take my claims with a grain of salt. There are a lot of factors when it comes to scratching a screen. I'm just saying, based off my own experience the glass is pretty hardy.

I cringe at the thought of purposely taking a key to the screen tho.... Good luck convincing anyone to do that to this precious gem of a phone.
    Glad to hear that your screen remained scratch free. I think only an "Ass" would try to intentionally scratch a screen. Have a good one...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links