DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beats Rezound

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizzele View Post
    I was actually really impressed with beats headphones quality at brookstone. I think bose are great as well. For listening on the phone on the go i dont need more...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Then I guess you have never listened to a quality headphone.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  2. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Walking in the streets, riding a train, flying in a plane i dont that minor differences in the headphones or earbuds would be noticeable with all the surrounding noise. Im sure that in a recording studio you high quality equipment but for the average user playing streamed music on the go this is well more than enough.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Increible
    As many posted at least HTC is trying to improve sound quality. I heard the equalizer on them is amazing especially with some quality headphones.

Sent from my HTC Sense rocking, battery hogging, Droid Incredible
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus 32GB
    Walking in the streets, riding a train, flying in a plane i dont that minor differences in the headphones or earbuds would be noticeable with all the surrounding noise. Im sure that in a recording studio you high quality equipment but for the average user playing streamed music on the go this is well more than enough.

Frankly, there is a huge difference. A shure se425 will blow the beats out of the water, quiet environment or not. Good iems will isolate massive amounts. Beats("studio") are good if you can get them for sub $100. Actually, I prefer my Altec Lansing backbeat 326 over them, for virtue of being more neutral and better sound stage. And they are by no measure, neutral. Beats are good at only low price. At that point, I'd swap the drivers out with orthos from a fostex t50rp or the like.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3

Actually there is a huge difference between headphones these beats headphones and any quality headphones will isolate noise when I have my sennheiser earbuds in I can't hear ANYTHING But the music.. u can actualy hear things that u never heard before with a really high quality headset.. but I still think that these beats will be plenty.yea there not the best but there good tho and a great improvement over what we were getting in the past
    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Beats or not, show me another LTE phone on Verizon that has debuted with a price point lower than $299. The Revolution was the only one and I would rank it 4th out of the first Verizon LTE's. Not only that, but take a Thunderbolt, give it the highest ppi of any phone currently, give it the highest factory clocked dual core currently, a much impoved rear and FFC along with the camera software, the newest sense UI and I really don't see how it won't sell for less than what the Thunderbolt & Charge launched at. Beats is only a plus.

Yes there are better earbuds out there, but when have ever seen them packaged with a phone? The funny thing is some of the earbuds people are touting are around $200, and all they do is give quality sound. Yet some blast the Rezound's $299 price tag. So $200 earbuds are fine but a $299 smartphone is outta line? Now do I think that the standalone price for Beats headphones is to high? Probably, never heard them. I've got some Klipsch S2's that sound great. Are they the best? No, but I got them for $50, so I'd say a good deal.

The Rezound is better specs wise compared to the Razr & G-Nex. They are being aggressive on the ICS update for it.

Many will point out the battery size on the Rezound. If you look at talk times and figure the battery size 100-200 mAh isn't a big difference. Even figuring a 10% efficency loss due to the Sense UI, there probably won't be more than an hour or two difference between the Rezound and the other two. Add to that no removable battery for the Razr, so to me it'd be between the Rezound and the Nexus. Add the better specs and possibly speedy update to ICS for the Rezound, and that puts it in the lead for me.
    Last edited by vzwuser76; 11-05-2011 at 12:00 PM.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwuser76 View Post
    Beats or not, show me another LTE phone on Verizon that has debuted with a price point lower than $299. The Revolution was the only one and I would rank it 4th out of the first Verizon LTE's. Not only that, but take a Thunderbolt, give it the highest ppi of any phone currently, give it the highest factory clocked dual core currently, a much impoved rear and FFC along with the camera software, the newest sense UI and I really don't see how it won't sell for less than what the Thunderbolt & Charge launched at. Beats is only a plus.

Yes there are better earbuds out there, but when have ever seen them packaged with a phone? The funny thing is some of the earbuds people are touting are around $200, and all they do is give quality sound. Yet some blast the Rezound's $299 price tag. So $200 earbuds are fine but a $299 smartphone is outta line? Now do I think that the standalone price for Beats headphones is to high? Probably, never heard them. I've got some Klipsch S2's that sound great. Are they the best? No, but I got them for $50, so I'd say a good deal.

The Rezound is better specs wise compared to the Razr & G-Nex. They are being aggressive on the ICS update for it.

Many will point out the battery size on the Rezound. If you look at talk times and figure the battery size 100-200 mAh isn't a big difference. Even figuring a 10% efficency loss due to the Sense UI, there probably won't be more than an hour or two difference between the Rezound and the other two. Add to that no removable battery for the Razr, so to me it'd be between the Rezound and the Nexus. Add the better specs and possibly speedy update to ICS for the Rezound, and that puts it in the lead for me.
    I couldn't agree more!

Sent from my HP Touchpad running CM7
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwuser76 View Post

Exactly!

9. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by kparks View Post
    Exactly!

Couldn't of said it better myself :-)

10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Phone
    D1>D2>Inc2>Rez>Nexus>S3>IP5
    Quote Originally Posted by Byakushiki View Post
    Frankly, there is a huge difference. A shure se425 will blow the beats out of the water, quiet environment or not. Good iems will isolate massive amounts. Beats("studio") are good if you can get them for sub $100. Actually, I prefer my Altec Lansing backbeat 326 over them, for virtue of being more neutral and better sound stage. And they are by no measure, neutral. Beats are good at only low price. At that point, I'd swap the drivers out with orthos from a fostex t50rp or the like.
    Ok....you know stuff about head phones...cool.
    These are not good enough for you...cool.

Enough said.

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using DroidForums
    Nexus 7 2 4.3 PA
    Unlocked and ROM'ed Note 3!!!!!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links