DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Could the HTC Vigor be dropping this month?!?

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot95 View Post
    Now the question is... get the Vigor or wait to compare it to the Prime? ARGH!
    Don't forget the Droid HD
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    N1>Dinc>RAZR>NEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    Don't forget the Droid HD
    True.. true. At this point one just needs to come out. The Bionic looks nice but it just seems a little bit boring to me. I think the next wave of Prime, Vigor and HD will be true head turners. I'll probably buy the first one to hit the shelves and then maybe play the return game if something else is out within the two week period. 4.5" may be too big, but I wont say until I hold it.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    True.. true. At this point one just needs to come out. The Bionic looks nice but it just seems a little bit boring to me. I think the next wave of Prime, Vigor and HD will be true head turners. I'll probably buy the first one to hit the shelves and then maybe play the return game if something else is out within the two week period. 4.5" may be too big, but I wont say until I hold it.
    That is what I was thinking until a 4.65" was rumored and I though that'd be too big, until I saw a 5.3" was rumored and saw it in a video and I haven't wanted anything else since... to bad it isn't coming to the states.
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    N1>Dinc>RAZR>NEXUS
    That is what I was thinking until a 4.65" was rumored and I though that'd be too big, until I saw a 5.3" was rumored and saw it in a video and I haven't wanted anything else since... to bad it isn't coming to the states.
    You would really want to carry a 5.3" device in your pocket all day, every day? I think if I'm going to carry something that large with me, it'd be in a situation when I'd just bring a tablet along. I respect you wanting a 5.3" device... but man that seems big. IMHO, I think 4.3" is the sweet spot.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    You would really want to carry a 5.3" device in your pocket all day, every day? I think if I'm going to carry something that large with me, it'd be in a situation when I'd just bring a tablet along. I respect you wanting a 5.3" device... but man that seems big. IMHO, I think 4.3" is the sweet spot.
    You are than more likely right that after a week or so (or the first time I try to travel with it) I would regret having a phone that size. But on the other hand, if they can pack a 4.5" or 4.65" screen into the frame of the current 4.3" phones by removing the capacitive buttons and utilizing more of the face of the phone, I would be 100% for that.
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    N1>Dinc>RAZR>NEXUS
    But on the other hand, if they can pack a 4.5" or 4.65" screen into the frame of the current 4.3" phones by removing the capacitive buttons and utilizing more of the face of the phone, I would be 100% for that.
    I take back my comment. I think the current size of the 4.3" phones is the sweet spot. Not necessarily the size of the screen, but the phone itself. If they can get 4.whatever" into that same size... I'm game.
    Trusstopher likes this.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    TBolt DB 1.6 Imyosen'sBatSaver
    Not really sure how 4.3 isn't good enough.... It seems perfect universally for every user. That's why the keep sticking with it because its their bread and butter

Sent from my SHIFTS3NS3 using DroidForums
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    N1>Dinc>RAZR>NEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by XKXDISTURBEDXKX View Post
    Not really sure how 4.3 isn't good enough.... It seems perfect universally for every user. That's why the keep sticking with it because its their bread and butter

Sent from my SHIFTS3NS3 using DroidForums
    I agree that the 4.3" is a good size... but it was 3.5 then 3.7 then 4.0 then 4.3 now 4.5 rumors and 4.65 rumors and 5.whatever notes... I don't think anyone is really sticking to a size. For a few months 4.3 seemed like the go-to size. Myself, I like that all manufacturers are doing different sizes. It adds variety. It adds differentiating factors to the phones. Someone might want a 7" tablet that does calls so they can stick it in their bag and use blutooth. I don't... but someone might. Sticking to one size would be silly. The more options the better. I like the idea of a 4.5/65" screen on the same body as the Bionic or tDolt. Honestly, it the size of the phone, not the screen that makes on too big or too small.

Maybe one day when we have edge to edge screens they can even push that same body to 5"? Who knows... I haven't measured a phone lately.
    Smartphone history: BBStorm>N1>Dinc>BBStorm>RAZR>GalaxyNEXUS
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Links