DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 3/11 - CleanROM ICSE 3.7 ★| ICS 4.0.3 | Sense 3.6| More Tweaks! | True Art ! |★

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyJimbo View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I'm new to this site and I just had a few questions/concerns about this ROM.
    I've unlocked the bootloader, rooted it, and followed the directions exactly to install this ROM and I still cannot get past the white HTC logo screen. When it went into fastboot after installing the ROM it would not install the boot.img file. When I tried to do it manually through Clockworkmod it would start installing - but then it would abort the installation.
    Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Another issue I'm having is that I cannot restore the device to the original stock ROM - it refuses to install the backup I made. Any idea where I can download the stock ROM?

If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it!
    Your problem may be with clockwork recovery. You should maybe flash amon ra and see if you can flash it.

Also, do you have any other ph98img files on your sd card? If so, that could be causing it as well.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
    Rockin Rezound!!!
    Unlocked & Rooted
    Ineffabilis Rom (Sweeeeet)
  2. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyJimbo View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I'm new to this site and I just had a few questions/concerns about this ROM.
    I've unlocked the bootloader, rooted it, and followed the directions exactly to install this ROM and I still cannot get past the white HTC logo screen. When it went into fastboot after installing the ROM it would not install the boot.img file. When I tried to do it manually through Clockworkmod it would start installing - but then it would abort the installation.
    Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Another issue I'm having is that I cannot restore the device to the original stock ROM - it refuses to install the backup I made. Any idea where I can download the stock ROM?

If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it!
    My post directly above yours has the answer to your problem. Go to Scottsroms.com (free plug) and look in the downloads for the stock roms.
    Helpful Rezound Links:
    Guide to Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ

Did you know: You can upgrade your Rezound to ICS without rooting?

Fun Rezound Fact: The antennas for the Rezound are in the battery cover.

Don't forget to backup your flash player install before they remove it from the Android Market.

If you don't understand something, ask questions.
    Please follow the posting guidelines.

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
    Benjamin Franklin
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    You're going to need to flash the kernel(boot.img) from the old ROM. If you backed it up you can pull it right from your backup or extract it from Scott's stock ROM. You'll need to flash it in HBOOT just like you did Amon-Ra. Except change the command to: "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
    That Worked
    Thanks for your help!!
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Just throwing my thoughts in here. I'm kind of a knob to flashing roms but I successfully flashed this yesterday. I want to say this is an excellent rom, likely the most stable ICS out there with sense enabled. With that said, I'm having some definite errors and just wanted to throw them out there so the devs know about it and others might be able to pipe in.

Things that DO work (and one might not expect):
    Pretty much all apps... haven't had any FCs yet
    Camera Unlock
    Wifi Tether <--love it
    Updated Browser
    Weather animations <--actually, you have to move the widget to the trash and put it back on your home screen again

Things that DONT work:
    Beats audio
    any DSP/Equalizer program (works once and then refuses to work)
    Camera shortcut from lock screen
    Several camera effects
    Voice text imput <--can be partially rectified by deleting voice search with a root app manager and then reinstalling the stock app from market (texting by voice won't work and neither will microphone from keyboard)

Glitches:
    All sounds for ringtones, etc are duplicated in the menu
    Can not pinch to zoom out from webpage to the sense ui screen where you can click x to close tabs. Tabs must be closed from options menu
    Battery seems to be draining VERY VERY fast. The screen is now using 90% of my battery as opposed to 70% on auto brightness with the stock verizon GB/Sense 3.5
  5. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TROPhouse View Post
    Just throwing my thoughts in here. I'm kind of a knob to flashing roms but I successfully flashed this yesterday. I want to say this is an excellent rom, likely the most stable ICS out there with sense enabled. With that said, I'm having some definite errors and just wanted to throw them out there so the devs know about it and others might be able to pipe in.

Snip...

Glitches:
    All sounds for ringtones, etc are duplicated in the menu
    Can not pinch to zoom out from webpage to the sense ui screen where you can click x to close tabs. Tabs must be closed from options menu
    Battery seems to be draining VERY VERY fast. The screen is now using 90% of my battery as opposed to 70% on auto brightness with the stock verizon GB/Sense 3.5
    Most of what you listed is already on the OP. The battery drain you're seeing is probably due to the fact that we don't have a real ICS kernel yet. The one that we do have doesn't even properly support half the batteries out there. So you will certainly see this on anything but an AOSP ROM until HTC releases ICS source.
    Helpful Rezound Links:
    Guide to Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ

Did you know: You can upgrade your Rezound to ICS without rooting?

Fun Rezound Fact: The antennas for the Rezound are in the battery cover.

Don't forget to backup your flash player install before they remove it from the Android Market.

If you don't understand something, ask questions.
    Please follow the posting guidelines.

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
    Benjamin Franklin
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Most of what you listed is already on the OP. The battery drain you're seeing is probably due to the fact that we don't have a real ICS kernel yet. The one that we do have doesn't even properly support half the batteries out there. So you will certainly see this on anything but an AOSP ROM until HTC releases ICS source.
    Mr. Smith,

I was wondering the same thing about the battery life on ics and your comment answered my question. Thank you.

Rockin Rezound!!!
    Unlocked & Rooted
    Ineffabilis Rom (Sweeeeet)
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @hookahlogic
    Phone
    unlocked and s-off htc rezound
    I was on ineffabilis alpha build and like it, and wanted to try out this one. I read thru the comments to see if anyone was having major problemm. So I took the plunge last night, dropped the rom on my SD, rebooted in clockwork, the rom ran with out a hitch, but when it came to launching back to the bootloader after and loading kernel it would just say " main version is older- update fail", then I get stuck on the 4g boot screen. How can I fix this.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums
    Droid always does
    current toys: Asus transformer on ICS 4.0.3
    HTC Rezound s-off on viperRez 1.0.3
    HP Pavilion DM4 w/beatz

-The Knights of the Rezound Table
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Twitter
    @Android4life28
    Phone
    HTC Rezound, Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by chained22 View Post
    I was on ineffabilis alpha build and like it, and wanted to try out this one. I read thru the comments to see if anyone was having major problemm. So I took the plunge last night, dropped the rom on my SD, rebooted in clockwork, the rom ran with out a hitch, but when it came to launching back to the bootloader after and loading kernel it would just say " main version is older- update fail", then I get stuck on the 4g boot screen. How can I fix this.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums
    Check out my thread in the Rom section called "Just in case this happens to you." It explains how I fixed this.

Sent from my HTC Rezound
    Rooted Unlocked and Ready to Rock!

Current ROM: Newt's One XxX Sense 4.0

9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @hookahlogic
    Phone
    unlocked and s-off htc rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Check out my thread in the Rom section called "Just in case this happens to you." It explains how I fixed this.

So I figured I have to pull a kernels for Scott's senseless rom. Here's my question where is the kernel located in that rom... I've never done this, and thank for showing me that thread saved me a headache

Sent from my Transformer TF101
    Last edited by chained22; 02-11-2012 at 10:08 AM.
    Droid always does
    current toys: Asus transformer on ICS 4.0.3
    HTC Rezound s-off on viperRez 1.0.3
    HP Pavilion DM4 w/beatz

-The Knights of the Rezound Table
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Twitter
    @Android4life28
    Phone
    HTC Rezound, Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by chained22 View Post
    So I figured I have to pull a kernels for Scott's senseless rom. Here's my question where is the kernel located... I've never done this, and thank for showing me that three saved me a headache

Sent from my Transformer TF101
    The kernel is in the p98img.zip. When you have your SD on the computer you'll see ph98img.zip. delete that and if you made a nandroid open that up and copy the boot.img and place it on the SD card. (Not in any of the directories). If you didn't make a nanadroid, download a gb rom and pull the boot.img/ph98img.zip out and use that. Once you boot into boot it'll say something like can't find ph98img.zip. that's it trying to install the ICS kernel; don't worry about that. Boot into recovery, wipe everything, load your nandroid or another gb rom, wipe everything again and you're good to go.

Last edited by Insidious; 02-11-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    chained22 likes this.
    Sent from my HTC Rezound
    Rooted Unlocked and Ready to Rock!

Current ROM: Newt's One XxX Sense 4.0

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Links