DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Just in case this happens to you....

  1. Droid Ninja
    Insidious's Avatar
    Member #
    172757
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,041
    Liked
    18 times
    Twitter
    @Android4life28
    Phone
    HTC Rezound, Droid 2 Global
    #1

    Just in case this happens to you....

    Okay guys/gals, you may have seen my frantic posts in the help section, and after getting everything worked out I figured that I should share what I did. So I was installing CleanICS 2.0, and followed the steps and as I booted into recovery so it could install the kernel the unthinkable happened. "update failed mainver old," is what I think it said. So after hours of downloading and experimenting; ripping out kernels and trying new ones, trying to push things through fastboot with no avail I was ready to give up. Angry at myself, disappointed, and unsure of how I would bring this to Verizon I turned my laptop off, and took the battery out of my phone when it hit me. I'll just copy the kernel from my nandroid onto the sd, and delete the ph98img.zip and see what happens. I was able to boot into hboot, with a few random errors because it couldn't find the .img and luckily was able to boot into Amon Ra. I then preceeded to wipe data and flashed my nandroid. It booted, thank God but I wasnt getting any signal and it kept rebooting. The rebooting stopped but still no signal. I tried the RUU but I kept getting a (I think it was) error 155. I rebooted back into Amon Ra and did another factory reset. Success! My phone works great now! Thanks for listening, and the way you can get your usb on the computer is A). Put it in a different phone and connect it via usb, or B). If you have a Verizon USB760 aircard that has a micro usb slot, you can pop it into that and you're set!


    Not sure if this should be stickied or not, but it could definitely save some headaches.
    Sent from my HTC Rezound
    Rooted Unlocked and Ready to Rock!


    Current ROM: Newt's One XxX Sense 4.0




  2. Developer
    scrosler's Avatar
    Member #
    249036
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Fargo ND
    Posts
    36
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    scottsroms
    Phone
    Many!
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #2
    What mainver did you have prior? Was it the new OTA mainver?




    Your donation is kindly accepted and appreciated!
  3. Developer
    scrosler's Avatar
    Member #
    249036
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Fargo ND
    Posts
    36
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    scottsroms
    Phone
    Many!
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #3
    FYI: I updated CleanROM to version 2.3 and this issue is now mute.




    Your donation is kindly accepted and appreciated!
  4. Droid Ninja
    Insidious's Avatar
    Member #
    172757
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,041
    Liked
    18 times
    Twitter
    @Android4life28
    Phone
    HTC Rezound, Droid 2 Global
    #4
    If the OTA mainver is 2.01.605.11 then that's what I'm at, and thanks for updating the Rom!!!

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
    Sent from my HTC Rezound
    Rooted Unlocked and Ready to Rock!


    Current ROM: Newt's One XxX Sense 4.0




  5. Developer
    scrosler's Avatar
    Member #
    249036
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Fargo ND
    Posts
    36
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    scottsroms
    Phone
    Many!
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    If the OTA mainver is 2.01.605.11 then that's what I'm at, and thanks for updating the Rom!!!

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
    Yep, thats what I did! Just takes time. I dev for about 5 devices so... You know how that goes




    Your donation is kindly accepted and appreciated!
  6. Droid Ninja
    Insidious's Avatar
    Member #
    172757
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,041
    Liked
    18 times
    Twitter
    @Android4life28
    Phone
    HTC Rezound, Droid 2 Global
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
    Yep, thats what I did! Just takes time. I dev for about 5 devices so... You know how that goes
    I know its no easy task! I appreciate all your work, and honestly I have no idea why I tried flashing 2.0 even though I was on the OTA I guess I got too excited. :b

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
    Sent from my HTC Rezound
    Rooted Unlocked and Ready to Rock!


    Current ROM: Newt's One XxX Sense 4.0




  7. Droid Ninja
    Insidious's Avatar
    Member #
    172757
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,041
    Liked
    18 times
    Twitter
    @Android4life28
    Phone
    HTC Rezound, Droid 2 Global
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Okay guys/gals, you may have seen my frantic posts in the help section, and after getting everything worked out I figured that I should share what I did. So I was installing CleanICS 2.0, and followed the steps and as I booted into recovery so it could install the kernel the unthinkable happened. "update failed mainver old," is what I think it said. So after hours of downloading and experimenting; ripping out kernels and trying new ones, trying to push things through fastboot with no avail I was ready to give up. Angry at myself, disappointed, and unsure of how I would bring this to Verizon I turned my laptop off, and took the battery out of my phone when it hit me. I'll just copy the kernel from my nandroid onto the sd, and delete the ph98img.zip and see what happens. I was able to boot into hboot, with a few random errors because it couldn't find the .img and luckily was able to boot into Amon Ra. I then preceeded to wipe data and flashed my nandroid. It booted, thank God but I wasnt getting any signal and it kept rebooting. The rebooting stopped but still no signal. I tried the RUU but I kept getting a (I think it was) error 155. I rebooted back into Amon Ra and did another factory reset. Success! My phone works great now! Thanks for listening, and the way you can get your sd on the computer is A). Put it in a different phone and connect it via usb, or B). If you have a Verizon USB760 aircard that has a micro usb slot, you can pop it into that and you're set!


    Not sure if this should be stickied or not, but it could definitely save some headaches.
    Edit: I just realized that I said clean ICS instead of Senseless ICS but in guessing the kernel is the same.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
    Last edited by Insidious; 02-11-2012 at 09:57 AM.
    Sent from my HTC Rezound
    Rooted Unlocked and Ready to Rock!


    Current ROM: Newt's One XxX Sense 4.0




  8. Developer
    scrosler's Avatar
    Member #
    249036
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Fargo ND
    Posts
    36
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    scottsroms
    Phone
    Many!
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Edit: I just realized that I said clean ICS instead of Senseless ICS but in guessing the kernel is the same.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
    It is, but I did not update Senseless yet. So you can always just grab the PH98IMG.zip from the latest CleanROM and use that.




    Your donation is kindly accepted and appreciated!
  9. Droid Ninja
    Insidious's Avatar
    Member #
    172757
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,041
    Liked
    18 times
    Twitter
    @Android4life28
    Phone
    HTC Rezound, Droid 2 Global
    #9
    That's true, sorry for the mixup there!

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
    Sent from my HTC Rezound
    Rooted Unlocked and Ready to Rock!


    Current ROM: Newt's One XxX Sense 4.0




  10. Master Droid
    JTAC's Avatar
    Member #
    1978
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    254
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #10
    I had run into this same issue the other day as well. Was getting a boot loop. Managed to get to recovery and loaded up Scott's ROMs 1.6.5

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
    DVD Catalyst - Simply the best program around for encoding videos and DVDs to various types of devices.
    www.tools4movies.com

    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/JTAC_Droid

    HOW TO: Convert Videos for use with Droid:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...tml#post133774

    Post questions about the "HOW TO" here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...use-droid.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 04:32 PM
  2. Need a Case Belt loop Pouch for X with body glove case
    By jpatenaude in forum Droid X Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 06:32 PM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 09:15 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 11:46 PM
  5. Vote to get Vroom case made for Motorola Droid at Case Mate!
    By anjoga in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 06:43 AM

Search tags for this page

htc rezound main version is older

,

main version is older rezound

,

main version is older update fail

,
main version is older update fail htc rezound
,

main version is older update fail incredible

,
main version is older update fail incredible 2
,

main version is older update fail rezound

,
main version is older update fail thunderbolt
,

rezound main version is older

,
rezound ruu error 155
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+