DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [ROM] [MikRoms] Ineffabilis v1.0 [12/31/11] Sense 3.5 | Beats | Tweaks | 1.02.605.6

  1. Developer Relations
    tp7six's Avatar
    Member #
    61666
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,512
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by montu View Post
    i unlock my phone and copy the file in sd card i rename (1.02.605.6-RootedKernel)PH98IMG to PH98IMG.zip and copy Ineffabilis-v1.0-signed to the sd card on root do i have to put all the file in ph98img.zip.
    it open and run ph98img.zip but then it just restart. what i am doing wrong i know i am messing some step .
    if i am not wrong adb is where you hold the vol and power .

    thank you
    I would love to help you out but your post is confusing - can you clarify it a little bit ?

  2. Super Moderator
    macpro88's Avatar
    Member #
    168721
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,400
    Liked
    203 times
    Twitter
    macpro88
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    Premium Member
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by montu View Post
    i unlock my phone and copy the file in sd card i rename (1.02.605.6-RootedKernel)PH98IMG to PH98IMG.zip and copy Ineffabilis-v1.0-signed to the sd card on root do i have to put all the file in ph98img.zip.
    it open and run ph98img.zip but then it just restart. what i am doing wrong i know i am messing some step .
    if i am not wrong adb is where you hold the vol and power .

    thank you
    The ROM file is flashed is recovery, make sure you installed the custom recovery first.
  3. Droid Newbie
    montu's Avatar
    Member #
    244802
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    htc rezound
    #23
    it run the PH98IMG.zip file and then it tell me that update is done(in 15 sec) and tell me to reboot then nothing happen how do i flash the other file .
    they are both in root in sd

    what is custom recovery and how do i do this ?
  4. Super Moderator
    macpro88's Avatar
    Member #
    168721
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,400
    Liked
    203 times
    Twitter
    macpro88
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    Premium Member
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by montu View Post
    it run the PH98IMG.zip file and then it tell me that update is done(in 15 sec) and tell me to reboot then nothing happen how do i flash the other file .
    they are both in root in sd

    what is custom recovery and how do i do this ?
    after you flash the PH file you need to take it off the card, otherwise each time you go into bootloader it will flash it.

    browse around the dev section and specifically the stickies and there are threads there explaining how to do most if this including flashing the custom recovery
  5. Junior Droid
    S7rawman's Avatar
    Member #
    234331
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid-Rooted
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by montu View Post
    what is custom recovery and how do i do this ?
    Custom recovery is a means of backing up if old Rom at its current state so that includes all ur apps etc etc. Then you use it to flash your New Rom.

    Someone correct me if I am wrong. But u renamed things wrong. Ph......zip is actually ur recovery file. U flash that through fastboot and then u open recovery and flash ineffabills Rom. I didn't rename anything when I flashed bamfs Rom and had no problems.

    Post a link to where you got your instructions.

    Lastly. Read read read. Understand read again. Then start flashing this is no light undertaking it can be. The difference between hundreds of dollars.
    Last edited by S7rawman; 01-03-2012 at 10:19 AM.
  6. Droid Newbie
    gregf's Avatar
    Member #
    62899
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #26
    Why is it necessary for the installer to wipe the internal SD memory? Titanium backup, as well as lots of other apps, like to save rom-independent data there. Would it be possible to modify this functionality in the future?

    Thanks.


    BTW, great rom!
  7. Junior Droid
    S7rawman's Avatar
    Member #
    234331
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid-Rooted
    #27
    It can be done without it. The flash will then just overwrite the files instead. It makes things far mreo hassle free to empty the internal memory. Think of it this way. The dev writes his rom and doesn't want to use the beats audio instead designs their own sound ehancment software with far more options. You don't wipe ur internal memory and so beats audio is still there. And its not even overwritten. This could bring up a whole slew of problems, from same variables, functions calls reaching for a function that has the same name as a function in beats audio etc etc. And then crash goes the sound enhancment and anything tied to it.

    Edit: I didn't mean to offend. I should have worded that last bit differently I now realize.
    Last edited by S7rawman; 01-04-2012 at 09:35 AM.
  8. Droid Newbie
    gregf's Avatar
    Member #
    62899
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by S7rawman View Post
    It can be done without it. The flash will then just overwrite the files instead. It makes things far mreo hassle free to empty the internal memory. Think of it this way. The dev writes his rom and doesn't want to use the beats audio instead designs their own sound ehancment software with far more options. You don't wipe ur internal memory and so beats audio is still there. And its not even overwritten. This could bring up a whole slew of problems, from same variables, functions calls reaching for a function that has the same name as a function in beats audio etc etc. And then crash goes the sound enhancment and anything tied to it.

    The moral of the story: when the dev does something trust them. Or asks u to do.something to.protect ur phone do it.

    K, let's try this again. I was talking specifically about the internal SD memory (/sdcard). I understand that wiping system is required, and wiping data, cache, .android_secure, etc. is recommended. No questions there.

    However, the internal SD memory is functionally identical to the external SD card. You don't ever want something to automatically wipe your external SD memory. That's where you keep your backups, movies, and music! Likewise, it should not wipe the internal SD memory because there might be important data there. That's where my titanium backups were. I needed those.

    Your moral of the story is silly and unhelpful. Why would you dismiss a valid question with "do as you are told. they know better than you do."? Frankly it is offensive. Maybe not everyone on this forum is completely clueless.

    Anyway, I assume that the script repartitions the entire internal flash memory and in doing so takes out /sdcard as well. That would be understandable but undesirable. Hopefully the next version will only format /system and leave everything else alone. Otherwise a minor update to v1.01 means losing everything again and having to start over. The user should really have the option to clear the other stuff. And again /sdcard should be left alone in any case. Devs?
  9. Senior Droid
    MattHenson20's Avatar
    Member #
    199409
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    111
    Twitter
    Matthenson20
    Phone
    HTC REZOUND
    #29
    So wait, installing this clears my internal sd?

    Sent from my Rezound OC'ed and UV'ed runnin BAMF
  10. Droid
    pickaxe300's Avatar
    Member #
    230089
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boise, where the turf is BLUE!!
    Posts
    46
    Phone
    Incredible 2/ Rezound
    #30
    Yes, it WILL clear your internal card, so make sure you have it backed up before flashing.... Just copy all the contents to your computer for safe keeping.
    I learned this the hard way....
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. MOD-BATTERY MOD FOR [ROM] [MikRoms] Ineffabilis v1.0
    By shaiknbaik in forum HTC Rezound ROMS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 09:39 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 05:21 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 11:59 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2011, 07:23 PM

Search tags for this page

htc rezound sense 3.5 skins

,

htc sense 3.5 skins

,
htc sense 3.5 skins download
,
mikroms
,
sense 3.5 rom thunderbolt
,
sense 3.5 skin
,

sense 3.5 skins

,
sense 3.5 skins download
,
sense 3.5 skins rezound
,
thunderbolt sense 3.5 rom
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+