I have no idea why some folks will suffer through a phone for weeks that isn't functioning properly, gives them headaches, makes them so angry, etc, when a factory reset will usually fix all of those problems and make life so much better....ESPECIALLY AFTER THE ICS UPDATE. So many folks have said a factory reset worked wonders for them after the ICS update.
Just do this:
- Factory resets fix certain issues...period.
- A factory reset is quick...a factory reset is easy.
- Go into any app that stores info on your phone and export a backup from that app (those apps usually allow for that).
- Copy the contents of your phone to your computer to back it all up.
- Perform a factory reset.
- Copy the contents of the backup you made, back on to your phone (or pick and choose what you want to put back on...you may not want all of the audio, images, etc. back on there).
- Re-install your apps. I am guessing most folks think this is the worst part. But it doesn't have to be. Re-installing 100 apps back on your phone can indeed take some time if you do it on your phone, but it is much quicker to do it on a computer within Google Play under "My Android Apps" you'll see all of the apps you had previously installed (even ones you installed and uninstalled a while back). You can easily re-install them from here. Super easy and much, much faster than doing it on your phone. It's the way to do it...seriously.
Why do some folks think this is too long or time consuming???
If I did it right now, it seriously might only take me an hour or so from start to finish...plus I'll probably end up not re-installing some apps I don't feel I need anymore. It's basic housecleaning really. Heck, I might just do a factory reset right now just for fun.
I have friends who even do factory resets on their precious little iPhones from time to time as well, and they say it helps performance and fix issues on iOS as well. It's just what you do with any computer from time to time...and a smart phone is a computer.