What version of amonra did you install? Did you root the device after installing amonra by installing su and superuser under development options?
Here are the instructions I was using for the ROM:
1. Download the rom from the link below and copy it to your SD card/Internal storage
2. Reboot your phone into recovery and flash the rom
3. After the installation of the rom is complete, the phone will boot into boot loader where you have two options:
1. If upgrading from a previous Ineffabilis build you can reboot the phone WITHOUT flashing the kernel and immediately reboot the phone.
2. If coming from a DIFFERENT rom, press volume up when prompted. After the installation has completed, press the power button.
4. Make sure you remember to remove the PH98IMG.zip from the root of your sd card
So after doing 3, I was not upgrading from a previous ineffabilis build, so I expected that I would be prompted and would have to volume up to install (something). That didn't happen, it just booted to a black screen and after 15 minutes I realized it hadn't worked. When I booted to HBOOT, I got into the problem I mentioned originally, with the failure messages and inability to access recovery menu (unless I remove the SD card from the phone).
Check out the ROM'ing section in the OP of this thread, it will instruct you on how to extract and flash the kernel(boot.img) from the rom you downloaded. Should solve your problem :-)
Your gonna extract the boot.img file from the rom and put it on your pc where the fastboot.exe is. Same place where you put your unlocktoken to unlock the device. Then in a command prompt change to that directory where the boot.img is located and run the command fastboot flash boot boot.img