DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [RECOVERY] Amon Ra Recovery Image [FASTBOOT]

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr HD-ROOTED
    Quote Originally Posted by jvanderholf View Post
    Trying to send the amon-ra.img to my device via fastboot, and I get the following:

sending 'recover' (7074 KB)...
    OKAY [ 1.419s]
    writing 'recover'...
    (bootloader) signature checking...
    FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)
    finished. total time: 3.401s

My bootloader is unlocked, so I don't know what else it might be referring to. Any suggestions?
    click this link Help!!! Need step by step instructions on how to instal AmonRa Recovery!!!
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    That article was very helpful, up until the point that I realized I have already done everything that is suggested. And the actual problem the user ran into was bad USB drivers. I have no problem connecting my device, and getting the .img to start pushing. It's after that when everything flies off the handle. let me post the FULL command prompt:

c:\android-sdk_r16-windows\SDK\platform-tools>fastboot flash recover amon-ra.img

OKAY [ 1.425s]
    writing 'recover'...
    finished. total time: 3.365s

That shows the path I'm running from, the command I'm initiating, and the name of the .img file I'm trying to push. It starts to send ("sending 'recover' (7074 KB)...") and says everything is ok. Then it starts "writing 'recover'...". Once it gets to the part of checking the bootloader signature it fails ("FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)"). That's the part that I don't understand, and am having a hard time with. I'm unlocked, everything has worked perfectly fine up until this point. Just at the "(bootloader) signature checking..." it runs into an issue.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Twitter
    macpro88
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jvanderholf View Post
    That article was very helpful, up until the point that I realized I have already done everything that is suggested. And the actual problem the user ran into was bad USB drivers. I have no problem connecting my device, and getting the .img to start pushing. It's after that when everything flies off the handle. let me post the FULL command prompt:

c:\android-sdk_r16-windows\SDK\platform-tools>fastboot flash recover amon-ra.img

OKAY [ 1.425s]
    writing 'recover'...
    finished. total time: 3.365s

That shows the path I'm running from, the command I'm initiating, and the name of the .img file I'm trying to push. It starts to send ("sending 'recover' (7074 KB)...") and says everything is ok. Then it starts "writing 'recover'...". Once it gets to the part of checking the bootloader signature it fails ("FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)"). That's the part that I don't understand, and am having a hard time with. I'm unlocked, everything has worked perfectly fine up until this point. Just at the "(bootloader) signature checking..." it runs into an issue.
    Well lets go through our checklist...

You are unlocked correct (I see you said you are, just like to double check)?
    -Does bootloader say you are "UNLOCKED" at the top of the screen?

You are connected via USB and phone is in "FASTBOOT USB" mode correct?

Have you tried a second time right after it fails? <-- this worked for me one time when recovery wouldn't flash

Did you VERIFY the MD5 checksum of the recovery? <-- a bad download may hinder it from being flashed

Have you tried a different USB port?

Proper HTC drivers installed?
  4. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    The problem is the command line. He put "fastboot flash recover amon-ra.img" instead of fastboot flash recovery amon-ra.img
    Helpful Rezound Links:
    Guide to Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ

Did you know: You can upgrade your Rezound to ICS without rooting?

Fun Rezound Fact: The antennas for the Rezound are in the battery cover.

Don't forget to backup your flash player install before they remove it from the Android Market.

If you don't understand something, ask questions.
    Please follow the posting guidelines.

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
    Benjamin Franklin
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Twitter
    macpro88
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    The problem is the command line. He put "fastboot flash recover amon-ra.img" instead of fastboot flash recovery amon-ra.img
    Yeah, that's what made me ask, there should be no sig check, none that I've noticed at least.

@jvanderholf - when you went to unlock the bootloader were you prompted with the unlock screen with a choice of "yes" and "no?" And you did select "yes" correct?

I know some people have chosen "no" cause they don't want to loose all their data and stuff, when you chose "no," you are not unlocked, it does not mean that you are unlocked and got to keep your stuff.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by macpro88 View Post
    You can just connect the phone to the computer and run "adb reboot recovery" that way you don't have to battery pull then you can run the fastboot command to flash the recovery. cd to the directory were you normally would for fastboot, and adb is in the same place.

hmmmm...maybe im too much of a noob...i managed to unlock the rezound via the htc dev site. im not sure how to run "adb reboot recovery" or the fastboot command...or even what "flash the recovery" means....i understand the basic concept of flashing the recovery...but im just not sure where to save the amon img. file...i saved it on my computer...but how do i "flash it on the recovery"?

I want to "root" for wireless tether and to delete bloatware. Im sorry if im too much of a noob for anyone to help me. hahaha. i consider myself fairly good at figuring things out on my computer and phone...but all this new terminology has my feeling retarded. plz help
  7. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    What you need to do is to download Amon-Ra, and say you drop the .img file in c:\temp. Connect your phone to the PC and reboot the phone into HBOOT(like you did to unlock). You're going to open a command prompt and change directory to where you have fastboot. Then issue the command "fastboot flash recovery c:\temp\<youramonra.img>" . This flashes Amon-Ra. Now when you reboot into recovery you can go in the developer menu and install superuser. Once you do this, reboot into the phone normally and download Superuser from the market(google play store)
    Helpful Rezound Links:
    Guide to Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ

Did you know: You can upgrade your Rezound to ICS without rooting?

Fun Rezound Fact: The antennas for the Rezound are in the battery cover.

Don't forget to backup your flash player install before they remove it from the Android Market.

If you don't understand something, ask questions.
    Please follow the posting guidelines.

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
    Benjamin Franklin
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    H T C Thunderbolt
    Good evening,

I am in the midst of rooting my new rezound and I am stuck. I currently have the bootloader unlocked. I am currently in fastboot and it is showing unlocked fastboot usb. I have been trying to flash recovery (tried many many different things) but i keep getting errors. last being

C:\Users\Nicole>fastboot flash recovery recovery-ra-vigor-3.14-gnm.img
    'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

1mo
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    H T C Thunderbolt
    Not sure if you were directing your statement towards my post but in case you were. I am not running ROM manager I am trying to flash amon ra
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr HD-ROOTED
    try flashboot flash recovery amonra.img
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Links