Well I got it working. I had a few problems. First, I changed the settings in Superuser because I noticed that it was getting denied. For some reason, the screen was blasting by so fast, I didn't have a time to click accept allowing superuser access. That got me by the launching screen but I was getting no WiFi signal. I'm not sure how I fixed that. I tried switching channels and went through all the other settings and I got it working but I'm not sure which setting fixed it.
Just throwing it out there cause it worked great for me. I don't really need tethering unless i'm traveling (rare) I Cable Internet at Home. I have 4g Phone (obviously)
But check out 'Open Garden Wifi'. Lots of options, easy to use etc.
First time on a forum. Never had problems before with free wifi till my Rezound. I too, ran the beta 3.1 version and couldn't get encryption. I unistalled with astro file mgr., then reinstalled 2.07. It started up great on my handset, with encryption running, but my laptop doesn't recognize it. I tried changing many options, but to no avail. I am curious if anyone has heard of using the SQLite Editor. This is the program I ran on my Bionic. After changing some settings you actually use Verizon's mobile hotspot for free.