DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: [HOW TO] Unlock Rezound's Bootloader [HTCdev.com]

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    it won't let me open the file i need though. I'm on step 7 which says:
    Step 7

Navigate to where you unzipped the ZIP file and go to the folder you just created (For Example: If you created the folder in C:\Android, then you would type in Command Prompt: cd c:\Android).
    The folder I created was named Root.

This is Step 8 and what it's supposed to look like:
    Type in Command Prompt: fastboot oem get_identifier_token.

http://www.htcdev.com/images/uploads...ader/step8.png
    (just copy and paste this in the address bar)

This picture is like steps 7 and 8 together.

Anyway in the end it's supposed to give me this long list of numbers and letters and it's my token to unlock my bootloader. Since my folder is named Root that's what I've been typing
    in in place of Android but the message I keep getting says: "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." What I type in looks the exact same except mine says
    Root where the example says Android and mine doesn't say Admin it says my name. Please help and I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense I tried to explain as best as I could haha
  2. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bleigh1326 View Post
    it won't let me open the file i need though. I'm on step 7 which says:
    Step 7

Navigate to where you unzipped the ZIP file and go to the folder you just created (For Example: If you created the folder in C:\Android, then you would type in Command Prompt: cd c:\Android).
    The folder I created was named Root.

This is Step 8 and what it's supposed to look like:
    Type in Command Prompt: fastboot oem get_identifier_token.

http://www.htcdev.com/images/uploads...ader/step8.png
    (just copy and paste this in the address bar)

This picture is like steps 7 and 8 together.

Anyway in the end it's supposed to give me this long list of numbers and letters and it's my token to unlock my bootloader. Since my folder is named Root that's what I've been typing
    in in place of Android but the message I keep getting says: "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." What I type in looks the exact same except mine says
    Root where the example says Android and mine doesn't say Admin it says my name. Please help and I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense I tried to explain as best as I could haha
    You're more than likely not getting the full path. Try this, open windows explorer to your "root" folder. Copy the address from the address bar at the top and paste it into your command prompt. So after "cd " paste in the address from windows explorer. That should help a bit.
    Helpful Rezound Links:
    Guide to Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ

Did you know: You can upgrade your Rezound to ICS without rooting?

Fun Rezound Fact: The antennas for the Rezound are in the battery cover.

Don't forget to backup your flash player install before they remove it from the Android Market.

If you don't understand something, ask questions.
    Please follow the posting guidelines.

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
    Benjamin Franklin
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc rezound
    I'm stuck on the step where you enter "fastboot oem get_identifier_token". I'm having the issue where it just says "waiting for device" and nothing happens.

I've seen other responses mention having the drivers installed. I should. I've been following directions from "The Unlocker," which sent me here to unlock the bootloader. Installing the drivers was part of the previous step detailed here: How To Set Up ADB/USB Drivers for Android Devices (Updated 12/13/11) - TheUnlockrTheUnlockr
    I had to use PDAnet to install the drivers, but I was able to get a serial number, supposedly verifying that the drivers are installed.

Other responses to this issue have also mentioned HTC Sync, but I'm confused about that. Some say it needs to be uninstalled or disabled, but the directions said it does need to be installed. I though it was part of the drivers step, so now I'm not even sure if I have it installed. I have tried this step with and without the phone set to "HTC sync" as its default for USB connection. Does it need to be installed? How do I know if it is installed?
  4. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amschmid View Post
    I'm stuck on the step where you enter "fastboot oem get_identifier_token". I'm having the issue where it just says "waiting for device" and nothing happens.

I've seen other responses mention having the drivers installed. I should. I've been following directions from "The Unlocker," which sent me here to unlock the bootloader. Installing the drivers was part of the previous step detailed here: How To Set Up ADB/USB Drivers for Android Devices (Updated 12/13/11) - TheUnlockrTheUnlockr
    I had to use PDAnet to install the drivers, but I was able to get a serial number, supposedly verifying that the drivers are installed.

Other responses to this issue have also mentioned HTC Sync, but I'm confused about that. Some say it needs to be uninstalled or disabled, but the directions said it does need to be installed. I though it was part of the drivers step, so now I'm not even sure if I have it installed. I have tried this step with and without the phone set to "HTC sync" as its default for USB connection. Does it need to be installed? How do I know if it is installed?
    The easiest way to deal with drivers is to install HTC sync. Then when sync is installed, go to the sync icon in your system tray, right click it and choose exit. You want the phone set to charge only when you perform these operations however it doesn't matter because your phone should be in the bootloader when you do this. Not booted into Android. So make sure you power down your phone(pull the batter), put the battery back in and hold power + vol down to get into the bootloader. Then connect your phone to your PC.
    Helpful Rezound Links:

Don't forget to backup your flash player install before they remove it from the Android Market.

Benjamin Franklin
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

Thumbs up

Nevermind I figured it out. I found a tutorial on Youtube for it. All I had to do was type. In cd C:\Android Which brought up another line and then I had. To type in the whole get_token thingy and. It gave me my token (: Thanks for all of your help though (:
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    The easiest way to deal with drivers is to install HTC sync. Then when sync is installed, go to the sync icon in your system tray, right click it and choose exit. You want the phone set to charge only when you perform these operations however it doesn't matter because your phone should be in the bootloader when you do this. Not booted into Android. So make sure you power down your phone(pull the batter), put the battery back in and hold power + vol down to get into the bootloader. Then connect your phone to your PC.
    I'm still stuck. I tried installing HTC Sync as you suggested, but I'm having the same issue. When I opened up a command prompt in the platform tools folder, I could quickly pull up the S/N with the phone booted normally (in USB debugging mode). Adirected, I then disconnected the phone, pulled and re-inserted the battery, booted into the bootloader, reconnected the phone USB, then finally selected fastboot. Once there I entered the command to get the identifier token and it just said "waiting for device" for at least 5, maybe 10, minutes. I've attached a screenshot if it will help.

What's my next step?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [HOW TO] Unlock Rezound's Bootloader [HTCdev.com]-fastboot-screenshot.png  
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Okay can someone please help me! I'm on the last little bit of directions on how to root my phone and i don't know what to do ! this is the entire page i've been referring to::::

<<<<First, unlock your bootloader at Welcome to HTCdev

Download this file: rhymeroot - Download - 4shared - Andrew Dos Santos
    Then unzip the file to any folder, then run the following commands:

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery htc_rhyme_vzw_unofficial_clockworkmod_recovery_v5. 0.2.8.img

adb shell mount /system
    adb push su /system/bin/su
    adb shell chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
    adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
    adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/Superuser.apk
    Reboot to system and you should be rooted! Stock recovery is included in the zip in case something goes wrong with flashing CWM. Enjoy!>>>>

I've done everything so far but I'm stuck on the part where I'm supposed to "run the following commands". I have ran the ones that would let me the second one it told me to run opened up a page where i was supposed to burn it to a disk...? the others can't open so they take me to a page where i have to choose a file to open it with and i used B1 Free Archiver which is what was suggested for me to use while opening to file with everything in it. I can't find the adb files. I do have a filed named superuser and one that says su but they don't just 'run'. Can someone help me as to how I'm supposed to run these files ?? Please!
  8. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amschmid View Post
    I'm still stuck. I tried installing HTC Sync as you suggested, but I'm having the same issue. When I opened up a command prompt in the platform tools folder, I could quickly pull up the S/N with the phone booted normally (in USB debugging mode). Adirected, I then disconnected the phone, pulled and re-inserted the battery, booted into the bootloader, reconnected the phone USB, then finally selected fastboot. Once there I entered the command to get the identifier token and it just said "waiting for device" for at least 5, maybe 10, minutes. I've attached a screenshot if it will help.

What's my next step?
    Did you stop/uninstall/turn off HTC Sync on your PC?
    Helpful Rezound Links:

Benjamin Franklin
  9. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bleigh1326 View Post
    Okay can someone please help me! I'm on the last little bit of directions on how to root my phone and i don't know what to do ! this is the entire page i've been referring to::::

<<<<First, unlock your bootloader at Welcome to HTCdev

Download this file: rhymeroot - Download - 4shared - Andrew Dos Santos
    Then unzip the file to any folder, then run the following commands:

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery htc_rhyme_vzw_unofficial_clockworkmod_recovery_v5. 0.2.8.img

adb shell mount /system
    adb push su /system/bin/su
    adb shell chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
    adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
    adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/Superuser.apk
    Reboot to system and you should be rooted! Stock recovery is included in the zip in case something goes wrong with flashing CWM. Enjoy!>>>>

I've done everything so far but I'm stuck on the part where I'm supposed to "run the following commands". I have ran the ones that would let me the second one it told me to run opened up a page where i was supposed to burn it to a disk...? the others can't open so they take me to a page where i have to choose a file to open it with and i used B1 Free Archiver which is what was suggested for me to use while opening to file with everything in it. I can't find the adb files. I do have a filed named superuser and one that says su but they don't just 'run'. Can someone help me as to how I'm supposed to run these files ?? Please!
    Did you do the first step to unlock the bootloader? If so unless you have an HTC rhyme I'd ignore the rest and try the guide in my sig for rooting.
    Helpful Rezound Links:

Benjamin Franklin
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Did you stop/uninstall/turn off HTC Sync on your PC?
    Yes. As suggested, I installed HTC Sync for the drivers, but then closed it from the task bar.
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Links