DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: HTCDev.com Unlock

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I do have the full device insurance on my plan, so if it does get lost, stolen, etc...I will be able to get a replacement after I fill out the claim and pay the $50, even if the phone was rooted?

Yes, there are ways to undo most if not all of what you do to your phone as long as the proper resources are made available. Reversing everything would technically reinstate the warranty as VZW/HTC most likely wont ever know what you did.
    So it is technically possible to make the phone show up as "Locked" again? And not just "Re-Locked", when these files come out? (also, any possible timeframe on how long it takes before a device has these available?) Thank you for putting up with my stupidity and helpfully answering! +1 to both of ya.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Twitter
    macpro88
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Volkaru View Post
    I do have the full device insurance on my plan, so if it does get lost, stolen, etc...I will be able to get a replacement after I fill out the claim and pay the $50, even if the phone was rooted?

So it is technically possible to make the phone show up as "Locked" again? And not just "Re-Locked", when these files come out? (also, any possible timeframe on how long it takes before a device has these available?) Thank you for putting up with my stupidity and helpfully answering! +1 to both of ya.
    When you root and unlock your phone, VZW has NO way of knowing, unless you give it to them rooted and unlocked. So if you loose your rooted phone, its gone, VZW had no idea what you did to it.
  3. RVC
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound, HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    You're going to need to run command line for the rest of this. So copy that folder to somewhere easy to get to via command line. Let's say you copied it to /android. After that, pop open your command line. then "cd /android". After that put your phone into the hboot menu(as directed on HTCdev). Then on the command line run "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" . That should generate the key for you. Copy it as specified(from <<<< to >>>>>). Leave your phone in hboot while you wait for your email. copy the .bin file that you receive in your email to the /android directory. Then run the final fastboot command(which escapes me right now) and accept the on screen prompts and you're done.

Try to remember that running on a mac you're not going to use the .exe extension you would in windows, also you don't need the DLL's as you would in windows. Just adb and fastboot(and your pin after you get it)
    So do I delete the .exe in my folder prior to running fastboot? I am unfamiliar with putting commands on terminal. I am gonna ask a noob question. The command line is in terminal when I open it, correct? I type CD documents (that's where my folder is) do I have to use backlashes or do I just type in the commands?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    How do I contact HTC Dev , was looking on their site and couldn't find a way to contact them. I checked the FAQ , but didn't see a support email . Thank you guys for the help. Mr. Smith, yes I checked that I was copying the proper beginning and through the end. I posted my screenshots on the original topic on the Droidforums front page showing my output from the phone and what I pasted into the submit box.
  5. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RVC View Post
    So do I delete the .exe in my folder prior to running fastboot? I am unfamiliar with putting commands on terminal. I am gonna ask a noob question. The command line is in terminal when I open it, correct? I type CD documents (that's where my folder is) do I have to use backlashes or do I just type in the commands?

Sorry what I was getting at is that you can't run a .exe file on a Mac/Linux. So when you type the commands as given you will drop them off. You will never use a backslash on a Mac. Since Mac adopted linux standards, you will use the forward slash. If you have google talk, I can make this a lot easier.
  6. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh68 View Post
    How do I contact HTC Dev , was looking on their site and couldn't find a way to contact them. I checked the FAQ , but didn't see a support email . Thank you guys for the help. Mr. Smith, yes I checked that I was copying the proper beginning and through the end. I posted my screenshots on the original topic on the Droidforums front page showing my output from the phone and what I pasted into the submit box.
    I didn't see the topic you put out. Just what was in here. Sorry man.

HTC Support HTC Mobile Phones - Product Support - Smartphones Help

L
    ast parting thought....try giving this to someone you trust via email or whatever and have them try for you.
    Last edited by MrSmith317; 12-29-2011 at 06:35 PM.
  7. RVC
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Sorry what I was getting at is that you can't run a .exe file on a Mac/Linux. So when you type the commands as given you will drop them off. You will never use a backslash on a Mac. Since Mac adopted linux standards, you will use the forward slash. If you have google talk, I can make this a lot easier.
    I appreciate all your patience and help. I don't have Google talk but I did find a good wirteup over on xda on how to do this on the Mac. I will try again tomorrow. I'm sure I will have other questions. Thanks.

8. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    I appreciate all your patience and help. I don't have Google talk but I did find a good wirteup over on xda on how to do this on the Mac. I will try again tomorrow. I'm sure I will have other questions. Thanks.

Feel free to hit me up on XDA, as I spend way more time over there curing people's ailments...lol
  9. RVC
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Ok i got my unlock code in my email. I saved it in the dame folder as my adb and fastboot files. When I go into terminal and type /android/fastboot/ flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin I get "error cannot load 'Unlock_code.bin'. I have tried it several times and can not figure it out. Any Ideas?
  10. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Premium Member
    Ok i got my unlock code in my email. I saved it in the dame folder as my adb and fastboot files. When I go into terminal and type /android/fastboot/ flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin I get "error cannot load 'Unlock_code.bin'. I have tried it several times and can not figure it out. Any Ideas?
    If that's exactly what you typed then you have one too man "/"s. You would want :
    /android/fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

Sent with Resounding success via tapatalk
    Verizon Resound Unleashed - rooted and Senseless
    Helpful Rezound Links:
    Guide to Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ

Did you know: You can upgrade your Rezound to ICS without rooting?

Fun Rezound Fact: The antennas for the Rezound are in the battery cover.

Don't forget to backup your flash player install before they remove it from the Android Market.

If you don't understand something, ask questions.
    Please follow the posting guidelines.

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
    Benjamin Franklin
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Links